Bernard Belle interview by Njs4ever.com

giddyup87

Proud Member
Bernard Belle worked closely with Teddy Riley during the New Jack Swing era and helped co-write "Remember The Time" with MJ and Teddy.

whole interview here http://www.njs4ever.com/bernardbelle.html

Could you share with us what it was like to work with Michael Jackson?

B. Belle: Absolutely. It was, as you can imagine, an amazing experience. Somewhere around early 1991 was when we started with MJ. Mike had rented out the whole studio – this was Larrabee in North Hollywood. It had four studios in there. The smallest one he had turned into a listening office where after he recorded, he could listen. He had the whole room transformed into a more cozy kind of place. He had statues put in, and pictures put in, and these great big loudspeakers.

I walked into the listening office thinking it was empty, and there he was, sitting while talking on the phone. I couldn’t believe it. I apologized and I walked back out. But he came out and introduced himself. I introduced myself, and then he said he was a big fan of my work and I couldn’t believe it. I was floored, and I wanted to pass out. I was actually shaking this guy’s hand, and I’d literally grown up listening to his music! It took about ten days for me to adjust to being with him every day. But he made us feel so comfortable. He wanted to take that whole "icon" thing away. He just wanted to be Mike in the studio, and that’s what he was. We ate together, we talked, we laughed, we had a ball, and it was great.

Last edited:
I love these stories from people who have worked with Michael
and they all say the same thing how genuine and gracious
Michael really is as a person beyond his King of Pop persona.

Me too :) They make my mood better!
Thanks for posting giddyup87

Thats a great interview.
By the sounds of things, Bernard knew he was really
blessed to have worked with Michael.
His tone is like hes's completely star-struck w/o the drama. Lol!

He wanted to take that whole "icon" thing away.

Talk about down-to-earth.
Let the music speak for itself. :)

Aww that a nice story
Thanx for posting giddyup87 :)

Personally, I enjoy seeing the writers, the musicians, and the background singers behind a project get the recognition they truly deserve; it needs to happen more often, because it doesn’t happen enough.

See, thats what I'm talkin' about.
Those behind the scene that bring a song all together.

I didnt realize that Bernard is the younger brother of
Regina, ""Baby Come To Me" Belle.
Now there's a lady with some chops on her. :yes:

NJS4E Baby!! :D

I love reading about people who have worked with Michael. I always find that people who have met Michael always say how kind, thoughtful and down-to-earth he is. It is the people who have never met him who are critical.
Thanks for posting

We ate together, we talked, we laughed, we had a ball, and it was great.

That is really nice. Thank you so much for posting that great story. I love the way Mike always makes people feel like they can be themselves around him. I always laugh when people say that MJ is this "weirdo". LOL. It is always someone who works in the corrupt media that says that about Mike.

And Bernard is Regina's brother? That is really awesome. I would think they would be related because of the last name.

Hey guys - thanks for liking the article. We just relaunched the site, to the old link does not work anymore - but we are installing a forward. In the meantime, here's where you can find the article now:

http://njs4ever.com/index.cfm/pageId/322

That was pretty much our first interview ever - back in late 2002.

Thanks again!

Well said. So many people who has worked with him say he's one of those people you wanna be around. That's a great personality.

The Bernard guy showed a classic example of being starstruck:) I read R.Kelly almost passed out too.

Thanx for posting giddyup!

Back