Being a music performer is one of the most difficult careers to obtain

billyworld99

Proud Member
I think its very challenging when becoming a music artist or anything in the entertainment field especially if you start off as a teen idol and critics expects soo much from you and expects you to stay young and keep that clean image or stars you change thier images to meet the current standards just to keep the audiences interested in you, then the rivalry card comes into play like britney spears and christina aguilera and one gets the spots while the other get overshadowed so to stay. the challenge out of this is trying to substain a relevant career as long as possible which don't happen very often i mean look at stars in their glory days brandy was huge when she came out in 1995, she was everywhere with her music, tv show, and movies now, her and her family are doing a reality tv show to get their career back on track, another one was Usher 2004 was the breaking point for him confession was huge which won him plenty of awards and as of now sold 20 million worldwide and everyone was talking about him then the fire calmed down went to do broadway and in 2006 here comes chris brown the person everyone said to outrun usher's career and even said he might be the next mj but some very unwise decision was made and the public was turn on him in a heartbeat, then in 2007 when soulja boy came out lots of people say he's going to change the face of hip hop and make a new trend, song was number 1 on billboard nominated for a grammy, his dance was even on cnn three years later is he even taken seriously? alicia keys everyone loved her now people are saying she's sounds the same on every album she made when ciara came out everyone liked her because her dance moves attracted people to her and now people are calling her wack you can even throw in the jonas brothers these guys were the big teen idols around 2008 and early 2009 on every magazine almost a year and a half later comes justin beiber who was discovered online who is not holding the teen idol title now, heck even high school musical was very dominated with the young audiences particulary during the years 2006 through 2008 winning their share of awards and on merchandise everywhere in the stores this phenonmen alos faded out

i guess what i'm trying to say is that many artists today careers don't have their glory days that long probably for 5 years the most and people are constantly going for the next new big, that seems very stressful to keep up with

it is indeed a very ungrateful and tricky thing to do... take a look at Michael - most people consider his post 80's stuff not good enough. and they don't even want to take a look at how GOOD actually his music is - History is a musical masterpiece - the quality of the music is amazing. For example.

And yeah, other artists as well, I agree with most of the cases you counted.

Unfortunately, sex sells more than music, once you are not that fresh and new anymore...

But I have to say - Soulja Boy? That is the luckiest guy on Earth. How the hell he ever got a contract is beyond my understanding.

It depends, most musicians just play in bar bands, and it's not as hard because they don't have to sell records, but they do have to make sure the audience is entertained enough not to throw bottles and food at them (unless they're performing behind chicken wire), lol. Then they have to make sure they're getting paid by the club owner. But in some cases the audience isn't really there to hear the band, just to get drunk. Then there's the street musician who is depending on people giving them money.

it is indeed a very ungrateful and tricky thing to do... take a look at Michael - most people consider his post 80's stuff not good enough. and they don't even want to take a look at how GOOD actually his music is - History is a musical masterpiece - the quality of the music is amazing. .

I feel the allegations affected michael's sales in the 90's and beyond,
HISTORY was a superb album and it still did extremely well for a double disc,it sold 20 million copies,i think the sales would have been better if he had released it as a single disc.

Back