Behind the Mask - who is the stranger singing at 0:47-0:48?

chocomarker

Proud Member
Behind the Mask - who is the stranger singing at 0:47-0:48? :) someone is singing there with a falsetto voice but only for 1-2 seconds ... would like to know who that is :) doesnt sound like shanice or michael...

Behind the Mask - who is the stranger singing at 0:47-0:48? :) someone is singing there with a falsetto voice but only for 1-2 seconds ... would like to know who that is :) doesnt sound like shanice or michael...

I just listened...Sounds like someone from the audience :cheeky:

there is a woman named shanice Wilson singing with michael on that song. shes credited in the book.

or its a note we havent heard mj do b4 lol

^^ Yes, she sings at the end...I'm pretty sure the sound at 0:47-48 is just someone screaming in the audience

yes but a scream would just be a tone or two, but this person is like "falsetting" the melody a little bit, even if just for 2 seconds :)

Shanice is really singing on Behind The Mask... But I don't know if that kinda strange sound at 0.47 is her. Maybe it's McClain himself ;p

BTW, Shanice seems really nice :)
ShanicenMichael.jpg

Working on “Behind the Mask” was poignant. Many of the songs on the new album were in their rough stages and had to be completed after the King’s untimely passing. Shanice had difficulty holding back tears in attempts to sing the song. “As soon as the music came on and I heard Michael’s voice, I would start to cry.”
More about her and her memories of Michael, i.e.
At age 14, Shanice’s dream became reality. She had just gotten home from school when she got a call from someone at A&M Records saying, “Somebody would like to meet you today.” Shortly after, a limo arrived outside her home, scooped her up and delivered her to the set of Michael Jackson’s “Moonwalker” video.
you can read here: http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/131/ARTICLE/6930/2010-11-18.html

yes but a scream would just be a tone or two, but this person is like "falsetting" the melody a little bit, even if just for 2 seconds :)

hmmm...well, maybe it's Shanice then..I just think it's someone in the audience though..That's all I hear...lol

Let's not start questioning the vocals on this track, please!

It's MJ with the fabulous Shanice in back up.

Let's not start questioning the vocals on this track, please!

It's MJ with the fabulous Shanice in back up.

can't you read? this thread is about the voice 0:47-0:48 and we're just discussing who this is.

it's obviously not michael or shanice.

if people would only read these days :rolleyes:

0:47 - 0:48 - i think that is the girl who screams MICHAEL in the bucharest concert before he takes his aviators off

Sounds like some girl screaming "MICHAEEEEEEEL!" or "MY GOOOOOOOD!" to me.

That's not Shanice, it's a FAKE!!! IT's Shaneezy, for sure.

The crowd noise is from Dangerous Bucharest 92, and the screaming around 47-48 sec. is a random girl screaming Michaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel. Later in the song you can also hear michael doing his; How u dooooing thing.... hee hee... Aooow thing.

So amateurish to put those sounds from the concert in to begin with.

can't you read? this thread is about the voice 0:47-0:48 and we're just discussing who this is.

it's obviously not michael or shanice.

if people would only read these days :rolleyes:

It's just some girl from the audience screaming "Michael".

It's NOT singing! ;)

The crowd noise is from Dangerous Bucharest 92, and the screaming around 47-48 sec. is a random girl screaming Michaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel. Later in the song you can also hear michael doing his; How u dooooing thing.... hee hee... Aooow thing.

So amateurish to put those sounds from the concert in to begin with.

come on what did you expect from john mcclain?

his recent MJ productions so far are:

you are my life (invincible)
this is it (the single)

and now

behind the mask
much too soon

and you can clearly hear that he's not up to date anymore. they should've let stargate or the dream (or even diddy) to the finishing touches, but if you're one of the two estate executors, you can even be on an MJ album even though you don't have any skills or knowledge of the sound of 2000-2010 (because basically john mcclain is stuck in 1970-1980)

its from the dangerous Bucharest audience. You can hear it in billie jean i think,

Its from the start of Jam, when he's stood still. The DVD cuts to a very butch looking girl shouting "Michael" and then she grabs her hair at the front and pulls it.

Thats where its sampled from ;)

^^^^
god... there is only someone michael screaming. i mean whats so special about that? and to open another behind the mask thread for this? there are threads for this.

:doh:

Yes, it's the girl screaming from DWT Bucharest DVD. You can hear that in HIStory Tour Bucharest too, it's recycled everywhere... -_-

Back