"Behind The Mask" (My 'OG VIBE' Mix)

Casey R

Proud Member
For the folks that feel the new version of "Behind The Mask" is a little overproduced....

I've attempted to recreate what the original MJ version would have sounded like by filtering out as much of the music from the new version as possible, then blending it with the instrumental of Greg Phillinganes 1985 version, taken from the official vinyl release of the single.

It's still a work in progress and I wasn't able to make a full acapella from the new version, so it's kinda messy, but I did what I could.

I've posted a clip for you guys here:

http://soundcloud.com/s-endz/mj-behind-the-mask-s-endz-og-vibe-mix-clip

Let me know what you think. If you guys dig it I can try and finish it.

really nice i like it a lot more, i hope you finish it soon :D

We should move it to 2000 Watts section.

Please make the full version. It's great!! And if you can, please share the acapella version you did.

Great work :clapping: would like to hear a full version of your work :punk:

The version on the album sounds better, I know you said this is a work in progress, but the DIY acapella is killing the sound.

The version on the album sounds better

Obviously. That's a professional remix from the original multitracks. I'm just trying to recreate a vibe so that we can have an idea of how the original song may sound.

Evidently I'm not trying to make something that "sounds better" than what's on the album. But I noticed that some people felt the new version was overproduced and would have preferred that the original had gotten released. So, I'm making this for them and until the original version leaks, this will have to do!

Sounds great! I really wish that they'd include the original versions on the album too with the new version as well so that we could hear how the song sounded originally, and so taht one could choose which version to listen to.

Sounds great! I really wish that they'd include the original versions on the album too with the new version as well so that we could hear how the song sounded originally, and so taht one could choose which version to listen to.

Yeah, me too. Hopefully in the future some original versions of remixed songs will either leak or get released.

Thank you all so much, it was hard work and finishing it will be even harder but I will do it since I'm getting such a great reaction!

Hope to work on it some more today. It's a little tricky, but progress is being made.

I think I have managed to clean up the vocal a little more than what was in the original clip I posted, but we'll see how it plays out as I try and finish it!

Back