Beauty Tips & Secrets :)

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
So, I am a TOTAL beauty product junkie! I'm not as bad as I used to be, I feel bad now when I go out and buy a bunch of make up because I feel like I can make the little bit that I have now go a LONG way, and it is so versatile!

As far as hair products go, ever since I purchased my InStyler I could NOT live without it! If you are in America you will know exactly what I'm talking about if you have seen any infomercials before LOL, I don't know if they have them for this product over seas. Basically what it is, is a round ceramic barrell that spins and on the other side of the clamp, it has bristles to help spread the hair properly over the barrel. So it's kind of like a curling irons, except it can straight your hair as well, and it gives GREAT volume. It is the only thing I use anymore, I tossed my straightener and other curling irons. It is a bit pricey though. My mom ordered 2 for 1 off of the television and it was $150 :bugeyed but SOOO worth it!

Here is a link to the InStyler here if you would like to see what I am talking about!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...r-20&hvadid=4229533509&ref=pd_sl_467012ku9u_e

As far as body products go...I could NOT love a company any more than I love Bath and Body Works. They have AMAZING scented scrubs, washes, lotions, sprays and eau de toilettes. My favorite scents are Moonlight Path, Japanese Cherry Blossom and Warm Vanilla Sugar. I should take pictures and show you my Bath and Body Works collection...you wouldn't believe it. :ph34r:

You can do some online shopping for Bath and Body works at their website here: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com

So...now it's your turn!! What are your beauty tips and secrets?? I'm putting something together about how to get multiple different looks from a single eyeshadow palette and eyeliner because I have become veryyyy good at stretching those and making them extremely versatile!

Looking forward to your replies :D

I don't take very much care of my looks but it seems like nowadays hair is pretty important. :p But still I don't use any hairproducts.

You are so pretty girl :)

I've never seen that before. Is that popular in US ?

oh I have one body lotion from Bath and body works I use it sometimes. I love lotion too but i have no favorite brand. My friend so crazy of Bath and Body lotion..mango scent..i think the orange color one :) My favorite scent is Rose especially Moroccan Rose but not from this brand.

I have no special tip but what i always do is I use Hair treatment spray (for night only)before go to bed and use gross serum in the morning. This make hair in good health and good smell for all day.

Thanks for the recommendation on the InStyler! I have seen those commercials but never knew if it was worth the money, but I think I will get one now. Thanks!

The InStyler is AMAZING. I have like pin straight hair and with a little hair spray and some time I can have those 'hollywood curls' that Carrie Underwood sports. Love it! LOL

Rose smells SOOO good! IDK Why Bath and Body hasn't caught on yet and created a Rose scented lotion! I think it would sell really well :)

I have never heard of a leave on at night hair treatment spray. Is that like a leave in conditioner??

Yes its like a leave in conditioner. I like Schwarzkopf Extra Care Total Repair 19 the bottle look like this I spray it on my hair before going to bed :)

tn_1-7_medium.jpg

I like to buy beauty products[face thingys) these things but i never know which are good for me and I absolutely HATE to ask the workers there cause they dont seem nice at all. :(

Yes its like a leave in conditioner. I like Schwarzkopf Extra Care Total Repair 19 the bottle look like this I spray it on my hair before going to bed :)

tn_1-7_medium.jpg

Hey thanks for the tip I'll try that someday! :cheeky:

I like to buy beauty products[face thingys) these things but i never know which are good for me and I absolutely HATE to ask the workers there cause they dont seem nice at all. :(
Aww, actually I never ask the workers either :D I just grab some stuff and try what's the best for me.

yeah I tried that once and my face turned out red and stayed at home for the next two days haha pretty funny experience though. I think imma stop by B&BW this week

Hmmm... Olive oil is great to soak your nails in!! Also maple syrup keeps your hair really healthy! For teeth whitening, instead of spending money on tge strips or treatment, cut a strawberry in half, rub the inside of tge strawberry on your teeth until it's soft. It will lighten up your teeth. Also. If you don't want to spend a ton on lip gloss, get a non-toxic high lighter and color your lips, then rub Vaseline over. It gives you a lip gloss!

Also maple syrup keeps your hair really healthy!

How do you use maple syrup in your hair? As a pre-wash conditioner or...? I've some maple syrup left that I don't know what to do with, so I might as well try it in my hair.

How do you use maple syrup in your hair? As a pre-wash conditioner or...? I've some maple syrup left that I don't know what to do with, so I might as well try it in my hair.

On dry hair pour some in you hair and rub it in (use gloves or bags because it gets sticky lol). Then use cling wrap and wrap your hair and leave it like that for an hour then wash it out. After you've washed it all out just use your regular shampoo and conditioner. I've done it a couple of times and my hair was so shiny.

my 3 beauty/make up must haves:

this is the foundation i use every day, im a redhead so the lightest colour 'Jax' is best with my light skin. its a concealer, powder, cream and liquid all in one its AMAZING, flawless finish, and covers all spots etc, stays on all day! honestly, id recommend it to ANYONE
90835.jpg

Miss Popularity- wow this is amazing, use it on the tear ducts, cupids bow, and on my eyebrow bone for highlight...really finishes any look off!!
really cute packaging too

missp.jpg

Urban decay primer potion. -UDPP- this is an absolute GODSEND! seriously, its amazing. put this on before your eye makeup and it lasts all day, and doesnt crease. and thats the truth. before i used this my eye make up used to always crease at my crease line on my eyelid, however since purchasing this months ago, it doesnt. its really good. Love the bottle it comes in, so cute xD
311.jpg

i understand the products are slightly dear, but my friends they are 100% worth the money, does exactly what it says!

can anyo ne give me a tip for cruly frizzy hair i love my curls but i hate the frizz i can never were my hair down !!!!!!!

can any one give me a tip for curly frizzy hair i love my cruls butt hate the frizz

On dry hair pour some in you hair and rub it in (use gloves or bags because it gets sticky lol). Then use cling wrap and wrap your hair and leave it like that for an hour then wash it out. After you've washed it all out just use your regular shampoo and conditioner. I've done it a couple of times and my hair was so shiny.

Thank you! :) I'll need to try that soon.

can anyo ne give me a tip for cruly frizzy hair i love my curls but i hate the frizz i can never were my hair down !!!!!!!

dont worry about frizz, i wear my hair down all the time evn though its frizzy, and curly.
however i would try washing ur hair at night, towel drying it and putting some kind of curl gel into it, then tie it up, sleep on it, and take it down the next day,, always works for me :)

One beauty tip from me is BENEFIT MAKE-UP! gorgeous products and there cupids bow is awsome if you like a gorgeous pout!

Mineral makeup is great, and for a clearer complection use benzoyl peroxide cream, nothing less than 10%. Use makeup that complements your skin tone. Darker colors for darker skin, and lighter colors such as pink, peach, for light skin. Exercise and eat healthy by cutting down the carbs:)

I love this topic. Right up my alley. I am a makeup junky, I confess. Before I moved to a new apartment you guys should have seen all the cosmetics I had to get rid of that I had collected in a drawer (well, 3 drawers). I love trying out new cosmetics so if I see a new product at the drugstore I just HAVE to try it. But then I had to kick the habit because I was saving up to purchase a co-op apartment and had to go on a serious budget. So I had to quit makeup cold turkey and just stick to buying only what I really needed for a couple of years. No fun! But now I have my apartment so I have loosened up with my budget a little and can have fun again. So once in a while I buy something new but I don't do it as often as I used to.

Below are a few of my favorite products. I'm not wealthy so I mostly stick with drug store/discount store things. Department store/luxury items are just not my thing.

Foundation
:

Almay TLC (Truly Lasting Color) - Truly the BEST drug store foundation that I have ever tried. Great, full coverage (not thin and watery like most drug store brands).

Prestige Skin Loving Minerals - I love mineral makeup too but this one is much better than the Bare Minerals brand. It doesn't make my face itch.

Lip gloss - Ok, I have a problem with lip gloss - I'm addicted! I have all kinds of brands and shades but below are two of my favorites:

Palladio Herbal lip goss - Pink Passion or Icy Mauve.

Mac Lustreglass in Flashmode - the most expensive lip gloss I have ever purchased but it was from a gift card someone gave me. :D

Eyeliner

Styli Style Line & Seal 24 - This stuff stays on all day long.

Revlon ColorStay in Blackberry - A dark plum great for us brown eyed girls.

Fragrance

Demeter in Baby Powder - Oh, I just LOVE the smell of baby powder. I don't know what it is. I'm glad it comes in a cologne form. :)

As far as hair products go, ever since I purchased my InStyler I could NOT live without it! If you are in America you will know exactly what I'm talking about if you have seen any infomercials before LOL, I don't know if they have them for this product over seas. Basically what it is, is a round ceramic barrell that spins and on the other side of the clamp, it has bristles to help spread the hair properly over the barrel. So it's kind of like a curling irons, except it can straight your hair as well, and it gives GREAT volume. It is the only thing I use anymore, I tossed my straightener and other curling irons. It is a bit pricey though. My mom ordered 2 for 1 off of the television and it was $150 :bugeyed but SOOO worth it!

Here is a link to the InStyler here if you would like to see what I am talking about!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...r-20&hvadid=4229533509&ref=pd_sl_467012ku9u_e

I have seen the infomercials for the InStyler. I have wavy/curly/frizzy hair (depending on the humidity level) so I have wondered if it would be any good for me. Also, the price scared me away. :)

I've got two questions if you guys don't mind... one is make-up, one is hair?

I've never really used foundation, only because I was never taught how to use it. I had a make-over done the other day and ended up buying Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral liquid foundation. I only want to use it for a few areas, my nose, some on my cheeks and on my chin, as those are the areas that go pink easy, have a lot of freckles and blemishes, etc. What is the easiest way to do this correctly and with what? Should I start with my nose and work outward? Is it better to use a little sponge? Any tips would be great!

I have hair that goes almost halfway down my back. Because I'm in Australia this year I am finding ways to put it up more as it gets to 40C/104F on some days! I bought one of those hair sticks when I was out by Circle Quay, by the Opera House. Any tips on ways to put it up with a hair stick? I know like two ways, but I'm not great at it :p

Thanks if anyone can answer either question. Some things I'm a bit helpless with!

I read about the article of acne diet and I found that I should have this thing to help i buy it.

Zinc and Vitamin E

So I have Zinc = 2 tablets per day to help me about acne problem
and I have Vitamin E400 = 1 tablet per day to help reduce scar

:)

I've got two questions if you guys don't mind... one is make-up, one is hair?

I've never really used foundation, only because I was never taught how to use it. I had a make-over done the other day and ended up buying Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral liquid foundation. I only want to use it for a few areas, my nose, some on my cheeks and on my chin, as those are the areas that go pink easy, have a lot of freckles and blemishes, etc. What is the easiest way to do this correctly and with what? Should I start with my nose and work outward? Is it better to use a little sponge? Any tips would be great!

I have hair that goes almost halfway down my back. Because I'm in Australia this year I am finding ways to put it up more as it gets to 40C/104F on some days! I bought one of those hair sticks when I was out by Circle Quay, by the Opera House. Any tips on ways to put it up with a hair stick? I know like two ways, but I'm not great at it :p

Thanks if anyone can answer either question. Some things I'm a bit helpless with!

I can't help u much heehee but I think Blair can help u about this

let check her vdo :) I love her I sub and keep update her vdo she cool!

and I think bun is in trend now and u can use your stick too. I learn from Megan :) she cute..so you can check her vdo for some idea. Hope this help

Back