'Beat It' Curioiusity....

BillieJean84

Proud Member
so I had some questions about the Beat It video ; Its probably my #1 favorite video of all time because it uses real gang members.

Leading to my next question & it probably won't be answered because it is so general ; where are they now? The gangs used in the video, as I heard, were real gang members. I wonder where they are now & wonder what they thought on being in MJ's video. I particuarly like the blonde who was wearing the stripe shirt & black jacket. lol. Hes cute. :doh:

& 2. What pool hall was that? Was this video filmed in N.Y. ?

(I had more questions but I can't think of them now)

Pool hall/warehouse doesn't exist. It was pulled down years ago. Weird Al wanted to shoot his parody video there but couldn't since it had already been demolished, so they built a set to look like it.

There was no pool hall it was a set put together in an LA warehouse
The person you are speaking of was a dancer not a gang member
There were 18 dancers plus gang members_ I cant think of his name

I thought that they were all just gang members??

I thought that they were all just gang members??

Not everybody can dance like that ;) It might look easy, but isn't really something that you just go ahead and do.. :)
The dancers were all trained professionals, the other "gang leader" was actually Michael Peters who also worked as choreographer for the video. The gang members were there rather to bring authentic atmosphere or so. Anyway, great song and even greater video :yes:

How awesome of Michael to use real gang members, he really wanted it to be as authentic as possible. Just like Earth Song, he had real..how do you call them....natives, in his video. Not just actors.

Not everybody can dance like that ;) It might look easy, but isn't really something that you just go ahead and do.. :)
The dancers were all trained professionals, the other "gang leader" was actually Michael Peters who also worked as choreographer for the video. The gang members were there rather to bring authentic atmosphere or so. Anyway, great song and even greater video :yes:

:yes:

also a few of the dances (two in paticular I saw on the TV show FAME in the 80s) Even the guy that messes up in the end... (you know we all see it when he is just standing there doing nothing - then he goes forward when everyone is going backwards) he is a professional too... :D

Back