Bea Arthur Died Today at Age 86

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
zz02acdf71.jpg
Golden Girls and Maude star Bea Arthur died today at Age 86. “Thank you for being a friend…”​

Wow, thanks for telling us. I used to LOVE the Golden Girls. In fact, I still enjoy it when I catch it occasionally. I didn't realize she was almost ninety. RIP

WHAT! omg thats so sad. huge fan. loved Maude and the golden girls :(

she was even more hilarious on maude. i wish i could have met her. shes brilliant.

Awwwwwwwww, Thank you so much for sharing this, I had not heard.

"Maude" was one of my favorite show's back in the day. I couldn't wait to see it. It was Cutting Edge for it"s time. The writting was Brillant. A Masterpiece of work from Bea Arthur and the other main cast member's.

So sad to hear this.

May she Rest in Peace.

She was my favorite. Aww... :( God Bless her and her loved ones. May she rest in peace.

Thank you for being a friend!!!!!! Really thank you for all you've given us!
She was a great wonderful lady actress, may she rest in peace!
My condolences to her family!

aww my thoughts and prayers go out to her and family.. i remember watching her on maude and all in the family i was never really into golden girls

I was so surprised to hear of Bea Arthurs' passing.
I love watching The Golden Girls. Hilarious show. Brilliant actress and comedianne.
She, just as Estelle, will be greatly missed.
It's funny that the 2 ladies who played mother and daughter were really only a year apart in age.

Great Actress!

I have to recite the lyrics to one of the best songs for a television show I ever saw

Lady Godiva was a fredom rider,
She didn't care if the whole world 'looked'

Joan of Arc had the Lord to guide her
She was a sister who really 'cooked'

Isabella was the first bra burner
Ain't ya glad she showed up

And when the Country was falling apart
Betsy Ross got it all sewed up

And then there's Maude (played by Bea Arthur)
and then there's Maude
And then there's Maude ...

... "that ecompromising, enterprisin', anything but tranquilizin', right on Maude!!!

Thanks for so many great laughs, Ms. Arthur. God bless your soul

Aw, I heard about this :(
I loved her, her dry sense of humor was hilarious, and she was always my favorite Golden Girl.

Dear Bea may you rest in peace. I certainly loved the Golden Girls as I watched it growing up. Thanks for being a friend Bea.

O M G !!

that is just sad :( I have enjoyed her humor since the 70's !! *sigh*

**gets out maude dvds**

I think Ima gonna cry ... seriously, i am very upset. I loved her since i was a ittle one. My granny and i would watch her together. She would make popcorn every night and we would sit and eat it while watching Maude or Carol Burnett, mary tyler moore, the jeffersons etc. **whispers** she would give me sips of wine every now and then as well :lol:

**goes to watch some bea in her 70's attire**

Back