Barbados Music Awards Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson

billyworld99

Proud Member
Bajan Global Report

News, Views and Happenings Around The Globe
Barbados Music Awards Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson

The fifth Barbados Music Awards was a fantastic event.

Patrons arrived at the Sir Garfield Sobers Gymnasium on Sunday night bedecked in the latest fashions for a five-hour show which paid tribute to Barbados’ music community, the late Michael Jackson and featured international star, Fantasia Barrino. Red Plastic Bag, Edwin Yearwood and the band Krosfyah captured the majority of the awards that night. Red Plastic Bag won Song of the Year, Soca Mid-Tempo Single (Male) and Best Social Commentary. Edwin Yearwood won Entertainer of the Year and Soca Up-Tempo Single and the band Krosfyah won Band/Group of the Year and Band/Group of the Decade.

Singing sensation Fantasia was awarded with an International Award of Excellence and Joseph Jackson received an International Icon Award and the International Lifetime Achievement Award (in memoriam) on behalf of his son, the late Michael Jackson.

The first half of the awards ceremony was punctuated by outstanding performances by Barbados’ best. The show opened with Natahlee, TC and Edwin Yearwood singing their hits from 2009. Ria Borman, who looked stunning in a green outfit, paid tribute to Marvo Manning. Livvi Franc sang ‘Now I’m That Chick’ and Jaicko performed ‘Oh Yeah’. Other local performances came frRuby Tech, Richard Stoute Teen Talent winner Jalissa Greaves, Terry ‘Mexican’ Arthur and John Roett.
The show was taken to another level in the tribute to Michael Jackson. The dancers of the Love Life All Stars dance group must be commended for an outstanding performance to some of Jackson’s songs which earned them a standing ovation from the hundreds in attendance at an almost packed gymnasium.

The well-coordinated tribute ended with singers such as Ria Borman, Dwane Husbands, Ronnie Morris, TC and Alison Hinds singing some of Jackson’s songs. Hinds ended the set with a rendition of ‘Earth Song’ which also earned another standing ovation.

Fantasia goes all out for fans

Fans were then treated to an hour-long performance by Fantasia who rocked the gymnasium. Fantasia got up close and personal with her fans as she sang favourites such as ‘Free Yourself’ and ‘When I See You’. She went old school, added some gospel and even sang Rihanna’s ‘Umbrella’. Barbados’ own Ria Borman even shared the stage with Fantasia and thrilled the audience.

Fantasia interacted well with the crowd and was comfortable in the space. She even performed barefooted, and came off the stage at point to go down into the crowd as she gave her all to the delight of her fans.

Article found here:
Barbados Music Awards Pays Tribute To Michael Jackson Bajan Global Report
Click this bar to view the full image.

Fellow board members, I should have posted this in January 2010 but I did not know back then that I could post threads. Silly me. I was sure that someone would have posted this thread by now and since no one did up to this date, I decided to let this board know that Barbados paid tribute to the late and great Michael Jackson. I went to this show and I was impressed by the dancers who did a great Michael Jackson dance routines.

The Michael Joseph Jackson Board Notices

Sponsored Links

vtecha
View Public Profile
View Photo Albums
Send a private message to vtecha
Find More Posts by vtecha
Add vtecha to Your Contacts
Add vtecha to Your Ignore List
Quote this post in PM to vtecha