Bangalore has 12 feet high Michael Jackson statue

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member

A 12 feet high gigantic statue of legendary pop singer Michael Jackson weighing around 3.5 tonnes has become the centre of attraction in the ninth edition of International Granites and Stone Fair "Stona 2010" an exhibition in Bangalore.

This four-day exhibition is being organised by the All India Granites and Stone Association in association with the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).

This fair has over 300 Granite and Stone Exporters from India showcasing their products.he huge statute of the legendary Michael Jackson has eclipsed all other sculptures. It has been built from a single granite stone.

"We are very much eager to donate the statue to Michael Jackson Foundation, because it is not for commercial purpose, I don't want to use it for business, I don't want to do anything commercial with it, last time as we donated it to the Government of India, this time we want to donate it to Michael Jackson Foundation," said R Chandrashekaran, MD, RC Golden Granites.

The Jackson statue was built in about 30 days time, with the combined efforts of 15 to 20 people.

"What I have seen is very good, very nice, the stone and the material and everything is improving and that is very good for India." said Meljina, a Turkish Visitor.

"Stona 2010" showcases the unique range of country's colorful, eye-catching natural stones and a platform that helps in demonstrating the capabilities, capacity and the most modern and latest techniques in the craft of stone working.

The event exhibits Exotic Stones of India, Granites, Marble, Slates, Sandstone, Quartzite and other decorative ornamental and building stones.

About 400 exhibitors from India, Italy, China, Egypt, Japan, Korea, Turkey and other European countries are participating in the exhibition. (ANI)

20100204granite-1.jpg

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=167807

RS

He was big at there and he liked the place so much so Im extremely happy about this. His (the statue's head) is too big there but it doesn't matter.

12 Foot MJ Statue At Stone Fair In India

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...ut=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=82 http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...hJmNhdGlkPTg1OmxhdGVzdC1uZXdzJkl0ZW1pZD04Mg== A 12-foot high statue of the legendary Michael Jackson weighing in at about 3.5 tons has become the center of attention at the ninth edition of International Granites and Stone Fair in Bangalore. "Stona 2010" is a four-day exhibition and is being organised by the All India Granites and Stone Association in association with the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The fair has over 300 Granite and Stone exporters from around the world showcasing their products and the huge statute of the King of Pop has eclipsed all the other sculptures. The statue was built from a single granite stone and was built in just 30 days using the combined efforts of 15 to 20 people.
"We are very much eager to donate the statue to Michael Jackson Foundation, because it is not for commercial purpose, I don't want to use it for business, I don't want to do anything commercial with it," said R Chandrashekaran, MD, RC Golden Granites.
"Stona 2010" showcases the unique range of the country's colorful, eye-catching natural stones and a platform that helps in demonstrating the capabilities, capacity and the most modern and latest techniques in the craft of stone working.
The event showcases the exotic stones of India, granites, marble, slates, sandstone, quartzite and other decorative ornamental and building stones.
About 400 exhibitors are participating in the exhibition from India, Italy, China, Egypt, Japan, Korea, Turkey and several other European countries.
Source- MJFC/calcuttanews.net

A 12 feet high gigantic statue of legendary pop singer Michael Jackson weighing around 3.5 tonnes has become the centre of attraction in the ninth edition of International Granites and Stone Fair "Stona 2010" an exhibition in Bangalore.

This four-day exhibition is being organised by the All India Granites and Stone Association in association with the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).

This fair has over 300 Granite and Stone Exporters from India showcasing their products.he huge statute of the legendary Michael Jackson has eclipsed all other sculptures. It has been built from a single granite stone.

"We are very much eager to donate the statue to Michael Jackson Foundation, because it is not for commercial purpose, I don't want to use it for business, I don't want to do anything commercial with it, last time as we donated it to the Government of India, this time we want to donate it to Michael Jackson Foundation," said R Chandrashekaran, MD, RC Golden Granites.
The Jackson statue was built in about 30 days time, with the combined efforts of 15 to 20 people.

"What I have seen is very good, very nice, the stone and the material and everything is improving and that is very good for India." said Meljina, a Turkish Visitor.

"Stona 2010" showcases the unique range of country's colorful, eye-catching natural stones and a platform that helps in demonstrating the capabilities, capacity and the most modern and latest techniques in the craft of stone working.

The event exhibits Exotic Stones of India, Granites, Marble, Slates, Sandstone, Quartzite and other decorative ornamental and building stones.

About 400 exhibitors from India, Italy, China, Egypt, Japan, Korea, Turkey and other European countries are participating in the exhibition. (ANI)

There is no such thing as the "Michael Jackson Foundation"...and I agree, the statue to go to the estate for his children.

Re: 12 Foot MJ Statue At Stone Fair In India

Thanks for the pic Shyla :)

Makers of 12ft Michael Jackson statue want it put on display at Neverland

Makers of 12ft Michael Jackson statue want it put on display at Neverland

headline_1265554211.jpg

Michael Jackson is pictured leaving London's Lanesborough Hotel and boarding his bus as he heads to the O2 Arena to make announcements regarding his comeback concerts, expected to run to 30 dates later this year. - Splash News

By Nicola Pittam Feb 7, 2010, 14:50 GMT

The makers of a 12ft Michael Jackson statue want to donate it to his family to put on display at Neverland Ranch.

The 3.5-ton black granite memorial was sculpted in Kancheepuram, India, out of a single rock from the Kanakapura mines by six craftsmen in about 45 days.

The Jackson statue is being displayed at Stona 2010: Ninth International Granites and Stone Fair in Bengaluru, India, and is attracting large crowds.

The makers, an India-based granite firm, have now written to the King of Pop's family and offered them the statue.
The firm believes it should be displayed at Neverland Ranch, which was the singer's home from 1988 to 2005.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...on-statue-want-it-put-on-display-at-Neverland

Re: Makers of 12ft Michael Jackson statue want it put on display at Neverland

^^^ yeah he's so sweet there...:wub:

I think is a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

Like i said, NEVERLAND WILL NOT DESAPPEAR....this is a little prove, nothing is confirmed, but NEVERLAND IS A BIG BUSINESS

i think thats a wonderful idea. hoppefully the estate will allow it.

I don't think its allowed because MJ had to remove his personal property from that land. I don't think the estate has rights to it.

Back