Bad25 CD tops charts around the world / MJ debuts at #1 with ‘Live at Wembley’ dvd

ivy

Proud Member
THE KING OF POP DEBUTS AT #1 WITH ‘MICHAEL JACKSON LIVE AT WEMBLEY’ DVD

MICHAEL JACKSON’S BAD25 CD TOPS CHARTS AROUND THE WORLD

New York, NY—Just one week after the release of Michael Jackson’s BAD25, the deluxe anniversary CD packages and DVD celebrating the pop icon’s album and record breaking world tour are topping global charts, with the DVD of his previously un-released Wembley concert soaring to #1 .

The highly anticipated DVD, ‘Michael Jackson Live at Wembley,’ the first ever released live concert from the legendary BAD tour, debuted at #1 in the United States as well as in most major markets globally. Early chart numbers show the BAD25 CD at the top of international charts in countries including Japan (#2), Spain (#2), Germany (#4), France (#5), Hong Kong (#5), Korea (#5), the United Kingdom (#6), Holland (#6), Austria (#10), Belgium (#10) with many more to come.

The ‘Michael Jackson Live At Wembley’ DVD, which is available both as a stand-alone product as well as in the deluxe BAD25 anniversary box, provides a rare glimpse of one complete and thrilling show from Michael’s legendary Bad Tour – the July 16, 1988 concert just as he performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana, and the other 72,000 screaming fans in attendance. The DVD was sourced from Michael’s own VHS copy of the performance, providing watchers with the same on-stage view they would haveexperienced watching the Jumbotrons had they been at Wembley that memorableevening. This footage was only recently unearthed from Michael’s personal archives, and is the only copy of the show known to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio is derived from the multitrack recordings from that night to provide 5.1 surround sound so thatfans can share in experiencing the excitement of Michael’s historic first solo tour.

Entertainment Weekly’s ‘A’ rated review of BAD25 calls it “a potent reminder of just how much Bad’s pulsing pop holds up”. BAD25 is a 2-disc CD. The first CD consists of the re-mastered original 1987 album which features some of Michael Jackson’s biggest hits, including “Smooth Criminal”, “Man In The Mirror” and the title track, “Bad” as well as “Leave Me Alone”, a bonus track on the original 1987 CD version of the album. The second CD, containing 13 tracks, offers fans a rare listen to six previously unreleased demo recordings created in Michael’s personal Hayvenhurst studio and bonus tracks including a never-before released French version of the classic “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” and a brand new remix of “Bad,” the fruit of an electrifying collaboration between Pitbull and DJ Afrojack. The BAD25 deluxe anniversary edition includes the Wembley concert DVD as well as a third CD, the first ever solo Michael Jackson live album! It is from the same legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium.

Award winning director Spike Lee has also created a critically hailed documentary of the BAD album and tour. Airing in the U.S. on ABC this Thanksgiving, his BAD25 documentary marks the first ever in-depth, behind the scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album. Recently screened at the Venice Film Festival, the Hollywood Reporter calls it “a sensational snapshot of the peak of the music video as art form, as well as the intricately layered process by which superior pop is crafted. More poignantly, it serves to remove the veil of late-period craziness and allegations and restore the reputation of Jackson as a multihyphenate musician of peerless discipline, professionalism and perfectionism.”

www.MichaelJackson.com

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson

#WhosBAD

He is #1 in Sweden too with Live Wembley :D

45241661.png

Last edited:
Edit.

Ok...I will keep my opinion to my self. This time. I am not gonna be negative. Michael deserves better.

Last edited:
The numbers are GREAT they dont have to spin.
the BAD25 CD at the top of international charts in countries including Japan (#2), Spain (#2), Germany (#4), France (#5), Hong Kong (#5), Korea (#5), the United Kingdom (#6), Holland (#6), Austria (#10), Belgium (#10) with many more to come.

This is fantastic! Michael continues to live for people through his music all around the world. And the Bad 25 concert DVD!

I can see this DVD to become a constant seller. Much like TII is still on the DVD charts in many places. IMO this DVD has even more potential than that (ie. it's better than TII), though it cannot ride the immediate post-death hype like TII did. But IMO it has the potential to stay in high positions on DVD charts around the world for a long time. (Now, the album itself is a different question.)

I can see this DVD to become a constant seller. Much like TII is still on the DVD charts in many places. IMO this DVD has even more potential than that (ie. it's better than TII), though it cannot ride the immediate post-death hype like TII did. But IMO it has the potential to stay in high positions on DVD charts around the world for a long time. (Now, the album itself is a different question.)

I agree, this DVD will become a classic and i think the album too will improve its catalogue sales.
What matters are sales in the long run and Bad 25th is a good release, better than Thriller 25th.
Sony should remove the deluxe edition at a some point, let's say after the Holiday season , in January, and let on the market the stand-alone 2CD only.

He wasn't crazy, and allegations are not convictions. Pitbul and Afrojack are musically terrible, here.
Michael is King.

Still, it's a study in how top and number 1 can be meshed, though they mean two different things.

The DVD is at the top. That's really all about Michael and no one else. The reality is, i read those magazines too much, and I know EW was anti Michael, so i don't mind splitting ['hair]')s. I tire of their need to do a split personality run of Michael and a total good paragraph on the others. I needed to hear just the positive on Michael. i guess somebody wants to blame the whole city of New York for that one.

Last edited:
At least DVD is doing great! From Wiki and sources are available in wiki too

Chart (2012) Peak
position
Irish DVD Chart[5] 2
Spanish DVD Chart[6] 2
United Kingdom DVD Chart[7] 2
United States Billboard DVD Chart[8] 1

I am happy that the DVD is a hit, despite the concerns over quality! Just wish the album had the same success.

I am so glad it's #1-and so glad about the reviews. I'm trying really hard not to read any fans' comments about the concert, though, since I STILL DON'T HAVE my copy!!! It's a week late!

Back