Bad Tour Wembley 1988 - Bad Live Vocals ?!

BadTourHD

Proud Member
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but here are some "Bad" Live Vocals from July 16th:

MJ usually sang playback on that part, right? but why didn't he do it on July 16th?
did his playback fail on that day? It wouldn't be bad to be honest :D
eventough the quality of this video isn't the best, those multitracks still sound awesome ! :)

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but here are some "Bad" Live Vocals from July 16th:

MJ usually sang playback on that part, right? but why didn't he do it on July 16th?
did his playback fail on that day? It wouldn't be bad to be honest :D
eventough the quality of this video isn't the best, those multitracks still sound awesome ! :)

I love hearing Michael's voice....can't wait till this BAD package comes out!!!!

hmm on 1st listening i thought it was from the 1987 leg- but those recordings have fewer syllables. on second listening, this audio has mj singing along to the original studio vocal, so he's enunciating more syllables like "you're not a man, DAH, HA, you're throwing stones, to hide your hands, DAH!"

It sounds like the main vocals are live, but the little gasps he does seem out of place...

Hitting the very same notes as in the Yokohama show. I smell a fake.

they probably just took the feed from his mic, even when michael is lyp synchin, he's still singing lol. His mic volume is just turned all the way down.

listening again however....it sounds first leggy but...idk lol

He might be singing a lot lower though. He's not gonna waste his voice if he doesn't have to.

Hitting the very same notes as in the Yokohama show. I smell a fake.
The same part in the Yokohama concert sounds clearly different to me.
http://youtu.be/y7Nc0WnKfUY?t=2m9s

It does sound quite similar to the Osaka bootleg (perhaps mixed with (parts of) the studio acapella):
http://youtu.be/JGD9lOoYWck?t=1m42s

But I think there is still a difference between the two. I do not have headphones with me at the moment, but I mainly hear the difference in the way he sings the word 'stones'.

I think the story about these being his live vocals, recorded but not played for the audience, is possible. We know he sang along when miming, there are other songs where you can hear him singing over the playback. Who knows... Would be great if true.

We know he sang along when miming, there are other songs where you can hear him singing over the playback.

Those rare occasions are completely intentional though. They didn't just happen by accident...as if the gremlins were playing havoc with the volume backstage lol.

It doesn't make any sense why MJ would sing a fantastic live vocal that no one would ever hear.

And if they have found live vocals to use for this concert, which weren't fed through the PA, then technically that would be 'editing' the concert. I mean, at the end of the day I'd prefer the live vocals if MJ did indeed sing them, but that's not what Michael intended for his audience to hear.

Back