Bad Tour DVD 2012 Thread

thenextbigthing56

Proud Member
Thought i would start up a new thread to discuss this project, seeing as i can't find the other one.
It has been a number of months since we've heard anything in regards to the Bad tour DVD that is supposedly due to be released next year. Does anybody have any updates? Birchey?

I really hope that they release Wembley concert or some Bad Tour concert from 1988. They should release it first in movie theaters worldwide and then do dvd/blu-ray. I hope they do it.

what we need are snippets of actual videotape/film footage of wembley- i think i've seen more video of los angeles 1989 (as it is very obvious on the "brace yourself" montage with mj's v-neck t-shirt and longer hair) than wembley 1988.

i'm so sick of seeing bad tour footage from the first three songs. i want to see even snippets of never-broadcast songs like "thriller" and "the way you make me feel". we can only assume that it was videotaped from the monitors by nocturne , but we still have no idea whether the WHOLE CONCERT was recorded on FILM like this clip by queen SIX YEARS EARLIER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO2aZ7EzsgM

personally, i don't think it was captured on film or it would have been seen by now or logically, more of it would've been on moonwalker. we have to settle for the audio recording on bad 25. :( i just don't want to get our hopes up.

It was said by somebody awhile ago (i think it was Birchey but could be wrong) that the people working on the project were in talks about releasing it to cinemas. If this is the case there is a very good chance an entire concert was shot on film :)

Last edited:
just found this genesis wembley 1987 clip since it's the closest video footage to mj's wembley concerts. this clip (and the genesis dvd generally) might give us an idea of what to expect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQdv-f1xHE&feature=related

i'm now trying to imagine mj on stage instead of genesis, the white "michael jackson- london" sign at the light tower, a way more epic "wanna be starting something" opening and MUCH MORE (real, unexaggerated) SCREAMING! :D

Did Michael record his all concerts? I have heard something like that. At least in HIStory Tour they recorded all because there is so many concerts available.

Did Michael record his all concerts? I have heard something like that. At least in HIStory Tour they recorded all because there is so many concerts available.

Michael had all his Concerts and Private Affairs filmed

I haven't heard any update since early 2010 maybe. Its been that long. I haven't spoken to Birchey in months either. But I don't see him active on the boards either. I hope him or smooth criminal can give us some info on whats happening with the release.

Back