Bad tour: 87 vocals vs 88 vocals?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
What do u think -

I'm sitting on the fence with this. 88 as a show/concert and all rounder is better - the best!! But when it comes down to pure vocals it's a tough one. 87 has sharper cleaner so to speak vocals with that hint of Thriller era Mike! but 88 seems a bit more rougher aggressive and more dynamic.

All in all both are amazing but if you had to choose forgetting about 88 as a show - songs dancing ect and choose purely vocal wise which would it be?

Just vocally wise I think best was 1987 and early 1988. Later he got ill lungs and wasn't as good vocally.

That`s why i appreciate the `87 leg of the tour... he still got the chance to shine vocally doing some of his earlier songs, which weren`t always performed up to par on the Victory tour (his brothers sang faulty quite often to be honest).

It`s really a shame he didn`t do Shake your body in `88...i believe it would have been quite mad with the added `88-leg bass/synth and more choreography during the solo dance parts... it`s still one of my favorite songs to do a moonwalk/circleslide/robot... Shamone!

Back