Bad Remastered With Red Disc?

Franniiv3

Proud Member
Hey Guys,
I was browsing ebay as you do, and saw a copy of the 2001 remastered Bad with slipcase with a Red label side disc.

!BVPEt)QCGk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLlbinfBKRgz7VJu!~~_1.JPG

I have never seen it before is it an import USA perhaps?
As the one I have is a European pressing and has a White background on the label side.
Lv Francis x

I was kind of wondering about this as well.

I have the remaster of Bad, and online, it always shows the slipcase as the cover of the album. I bought it in a bookstore, and it did not come with the slipcase. When I bought Off the Wall, however, it did come with the slipcase.

This probably doesn't answer your question very well, does it? :scratch:

Oh, and I'm also in the U.S. and I have the red disc.

Hello, oh you have helped more than you realise indeed!

As you have the red disc, and i'm guessing that's the colour the USA editions were pressed, thank you for letting me know;)

Anyways the slipcases, there there produced for at least the European & USA first pressings of the album in 2001... they made them with the slipcase until they began distributing them without the slipcase in about 2004/5ish in just the jewelcase as standard.

I don't know why they stopped making them with the slipcase, I guess ultimately for Sony it saved money then they went out the charts and became back catalogue albums.

This was also around the time that they began releasing the 'x2' doubles of the two remasters in a slipcase 'as pictured below'... it's just the photos of the cover with the tracklists on the back, the CD's are no different from the remasters that you and I have.

Michael-Jackson-x2-323546.jpg

I guess when you get them second hand they can be with or without the slipcases of course, depending on if the original owner got it with or without. Also there is the possibility of the first owner taking off the slipcase and mispalcing it sadly.

I still sometimes see the odd slipcase edition in shops from time to time.

I know ultimately the slipcases don't matter, it's another finer detail... but they're to have I guess.

I hope that sort of helped you=)

Lv Francis x

bad in japan was printed on red disc! so that's japanese ;)

hey guys i have the red disc and the slidcase i relly like the slidcases on all the albums and im from australia

^
yeah I bought this version, also from Aus. Love the cases... I just wore mine out :(

I only have the SE with the white label, where can I find this red label ? This is a piece of collection, like the limited gold edition of bad isn't it ?

Back