Bad Outifit Perorming Man In The Mirror?

The Moonwalker

Proud Member
In the moonwalker version of Man In The Mirror, you see clips of Michael wearing the Bad type outfit. I was just wondering, if Man In The Mirror always followed The Way You Make Me Feel, why would he change out of one outfit, then into another, just to change back into the one he was wearing previously?

Or am i mistake...wa TWYMMF not performed at some shows? or was this footage especially filmed for moonwalker?

a question that's been on my mind for a while :)

Some of the MITM footage used for the Moonwalker film was taken from one of the Kansas shows in February of '88. The 2 shows in Kansas were the first of the second leg, and as such, the Tour was a work in progress at that stage. Fair enough, the shows had come a long way since the 'Practice' leg of the Tour in '87 of Japan and Australia, but during the Kansas shows, Mike would perform Bad second to last, of course MITM was the finale.

Changes were made by the time the Tour hit Rome in May of '88...A lot of the "creases" so to speak had been ironed out, and the set list for the European leg become perfected...There are some exceptions though, such as Barcelona '88 where Mike finished with Bad and ditched MITM...

Last edited:
There's also a bit of footage from Eriksberg '88 (Gothenburg, Sweden) in MITM, however I don't know if that is just the crowd shots or if some of the stage material is also there from.

Michael didn't perform the Way You Make Me Feel at all of his concerts. I attended quite a few Bad concerts at Wembley Stadium in 1988, and on the first one I attended on 16 July 1988, Michael didn't perform You Make Me Feel, and after Bad Michael performed Man In The Mirror in the Bad jacket.

Back