Bad (Extended Version) False Fade

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Does anyone know why on the BAD (Extended Dance Version) have a false fade dummy ending? You wouldnt end the track in that spot, it wouldnt be used for radio or DJing in that spot (well maybe DJing but they can fade out themselves!) and it always annoyed me as I wish that it would just continue.

It was a rack originally made to be played in clubs. I think it's cool to make the people think the song is over, just to hear it come back. This is a really good version of Bad. The ad-libs on this track are great.

I think the fade is neat, because you can almost consider the "second half" as a whole other song/remix by itself. Almost reminds me of James Brown's famous concert "breakdowns" when he'd act all tired and someone would come over and start helping him off the stage, then suddenly he'd run back and start up again, stronger than before.

I love the extended version of the song BAD, the adlibs are amazing.

I love this mix! As others have said the ad libs are fantastic, I love the laugh in the middle. I think the false fade is quite cheeky, but it's brilliant.

I love the adlibs and everything except the fade.

Michael KILLS it at the end on this false fade" The only reason I listen to this extended version is because of the adlibs, honest!!

False fades aren't unique to this song. On the 45 version of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye, there's one. The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" also has one. Terence Trent D'arby has used false fades a few times on different songs. George Michael has a song called "Hand To Mouth", which fades in. Sting's "Conversation With A Dog" & Stevie Wonder's "Did I Hear You Say You Love Me" does the same thing.

False fades aren't unique to this song. On the 45 version of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye, there's one. The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" also has one. Terence Trent D'arby has used false fades a few times on different songs. George Michael has a song called "Hand To Mouth", which fades in. Sting's "Conversation With A Dog" & Stevie Wonder's "Did I Hear You Say You Love Me" does the same thing.

Only the stereo Helter Skelter has a false fade. The mono doesnt which makes the stereo HS a min longer! I was listening to this when I thought about Bad's false fade which I HATE!!

theres a mj site where u can download tons of remixes/megamixes/extended mixes that was posted in a thread a while back. im not sure if its a fanboard or website. does any1 have the link?

I actually love the extended version of "Bad". It's so funky! Better than the original imo.

Back