Bad era thread

analogue

Proud Member
I was born in 1988 so i unfortuantly missed out on the Bad era but looking at the tour, the short films and the album itself the Bad era is the most magical era in my opinion. To me the Bad era had a very speical atmospher to it and i'm really dissapointed that i missed out on it

Here's a couple of great things about the Bad era which i love

:On the album Bad 9 out of the 11 tracks are written and composed by MJ himself and this album is probably the closest we'll ever get to having a full MJ album written and composed by MJ himself

:Bad era had MJ's first and (IMO) best solo tour

:We got the movie Moonwalker

:MJ made the Smooth Criminal video and IMO it's his best video ever

I just love the whole magic and atmospher of the Bad era

Yeah I share the same sentiment. Michaelmania didnt sweep my country until late 80s and early 90s, so I totally missed out on the Bad era, Bad tour.
I always wish they could invent a time machine so that I could travel back to the 80s whenever I watch a video about the Bad era :lol: :lol:

I now exactly how you feel, I was born in '84 so I was around during the Bad era, but was still very very young...

Everything about it was magical, the tour was his best EVER, the album is a masterpiece the movie is very special....everything just everything about it.
*Sigh*...I wish I had a time machine.

I think everyone here is forgetting the most important thing about the BAD era:

BAD era MJ introduced us to leather....YAY!:p:lol: Juuust kidding. :heart:

Seriously though, I think the BAD tour was the best because it had such a high ENERGY the whole time. It was a very upbeat, flirty, fun part of MJ's career, imo.

I remember the Bad era very well. I was 15 when the Bad album was released in 1987, and 16 when I attended the Bad Tour at Wembley Stadium in 1988.

Thriller may have sold more albums than Bad, but outside the USA due the the Bad Tour and more Top 5 hit singles from Bad than Thriller, but Bad era was much bigger and more exiting than the Thriller era were Michael was just based in the USA.

Bad may have had more top 5 singles, but i think the Thriller songs have a lot more longevity. Even the fillers like Lady in my Life, PYT and Babe Be Mine have more longevity then many of the Bad songs. The only songs i really liked on the Bad album were Way u make me feel and Liberian Girl.

Last edited:
bad makes thriller sound like crap. if you take away the title track billie jean and beat it it's nothing but filler. bad had hits and great songs from top to bottom. even songs that didn't make the album were great and could have been hits. streetwalker anyone?

Bad is also his best album to me :D And the fact that he wrote most of the songs makes me cherish it even more!

i wasnt born until the start of the dangerous era 1991
but i love bad and ts probably my favourite album
the song bad was my first favourite song - when i was about 8 or 9

you didnt miss out on the bad era lol 1990 was the last year of the bad era! and i was born in it!! *dances im so proud 2 be born n the bad era* lol. But yea i missed out on alot aswell. i love thos whole era and the tour was BANGIN! NExt 2 the dangerous tour the bad tour is his BEST IMO

*Sigh* Yes, I was born in '87, and I believe that was the year the album hit stores. It was a good era. Everything about Michael was top notch in that era. Obviously I was too young to experience the Bad era, but that was the era that sort of made me a fan. All thanks to "Moonwalker"!!!! Best movie he's put, imo.

So many good things.
All the hits from the album
The first of his world tours
The new fashion statements (helloooooo leather and buckles, and blue shirts w/ white sash belts, and undershirts that were MEANT to be ripped off from that body!!! Oh yeah, and of course that fine lookin white suit w/ matching fedora and the spats)

What else....oh yeah, the hair! D..D..D..Duh!!

I was born in 86', I didn't know Michael until I saw the Alvin & the Chimpunks History documentary and saw Alvin dance to "Smooth Criminal" it got my attention. But the Bad Tour which we agree to best tour he's ever done, his wardrobe was awesome especially the black military like jacket with a strap of badges which he wore most of the tour and while performing WBSS (which is ultimately my favourite kind of jacket), his new performance he cooked up and I believe that girl fans finds him cute/sexy/hot durinf that era and I liked it that way. I can't believe he performed in many diffrent countries like Japan, US, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, but he didn't perform my home country Canada, WAH!!!:sad: Bad Era is the best!

Back