"Baby Face" and Michael!

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
I saw this in my local newspaper (The Indianapolis Star) and I found it online. So I wanted to share, nothing special. But It made me smile. I like the Hoosier Humor comment.

http://www.indy.com/posts/kenny-babyface-edmonds-returns-to-his-musical-roots

I’d like to ask you about Michael Jackson. Do you know much about the run-up and preparations for the London dates he had scheduled? Just a little. I know that it was something he was excited about. I had talked to Michael probably four months (before his death). I was going to talk to him about a musical director I could hook him up with, but he had already chosen one.
He was serious about it. It would have been rough. He probably would have gotten some dates in, and then he probably would have had to slow down. (Fifty dates) is a lot of work. But I think the first dates would have been pretty amazing.

Did you and he ever talk about your shared Indiana roots?
When we would laugh about something, he’d almost always say, “I can tell you’re from Indiana. We have that Hoosier humor.” He was a very sweet and nice guy.

A bit OT, but when I was younger my mum bought a t-shirt for my brother that said Indiana Hoosiers. Just the fact that Michael was from Indiana was reason enough for me to steal it! My bro is 5 years younger so it didn't fit very well, but I always wore it. I still have it. So cute to know MJ said that to Babyface.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one then, Amber Dawn!!! Might wear that T-shirt tomorrow for casual day! I can still kind of fit into it! Kind of.

Nice article there. Thanks for posting.
I like Babyface. He has a quiet disposition like MJ.
It always make me feel closer to him and gives me more
insight on who Michael is when I read stuff like this.

Last edited:
Thanx for posting Amber Dawn. I'm imagining in my head what he sounded like talkin bout the Indiana thang:) He must of said it with this soothing voice.
I don't know how close they actually were, but I think they were tight. Isn't Babyface around the same age as Michael?

BTW, what is "Hoosier humor?" Can somebody (esp. those from Indiana) help me?

Back