Awards and Honors Appreciation Thread

KB50MJ

Proud Member
Well its no secret that MJ is the most honored and awarded artist in the history of music.

And I wanted to create a thread dedicated to his awards and honors.

Some of his biggest awards are:

- The World Music Awards' Best-Selling Male Artist of the Millennium Award

- The American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award

- The Bambi Pop Artist of the Millennium Award

- Grammy Legend Award

- The World Music Awards Diamond Award

- MTV's Legend Award

- and three Presidential Recognition Awards

- He is a double-inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, once as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1997 and later as a solo artist in 2001

- Jackson was also an inductee of the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002.

- He's had multiple Guinness World Records (eight in 2006 alone)

- 17 Grammy Awards(including 'We Are The World')

- 22 American Music Awards

- 40 Billboard Awards

- 12 World Music Awards.

And in total Jackson has won over 413 awards.

Now Wki has a page dedicated to MJ's awards, but I'm not to sure about this version. They had a version a while ago that was different, and in my opinion, a lot better.

I find this list very incomplete, because there are a lot that is missing. But here is their list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michael_Jackson's_awards

If there are other awards or honors that are very important or seem very cool, please fell free to add.

Also, if anyone has a list of awards that were made just for MJ or were named in his honor I wold like to know. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Wiki had a list previous to the one that was GREAT. Before they had 413 awards for MJ. Now its down to 100-somthin' awards.

It was in this format: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Madonna_awards

Does anyone know what web site they got that from if you remember?

Last edited:
thanks for making this list

he also has keys to the cities such as

gary indian, hollywood,

way do we care about this? only mj fans cares about awards. they are to no use anyway

way do we care about this? only mj fans cares about awards. they are to no use anyway

so you don't no any elvis, whitney, mariah or madonna fans? mj is the best at what he does and people should award him for that. that's "way we care" about it.

Back