August 27 MJ News and mentionings - Michael attended KA by Cirque du Soleil in LV

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
Welcome back, guys. Sorry for the downtime but it seems our host has problems with their hardware.

Anyway, enjoy today news. Michael went to see KA by Cirque du Soleil!

Check back later for updated thread. Thanks!

MJ News

http://thevegaseye.com/home/2008/8/27/michael-jakson-in-vegas.html
Michael Jackson in Vegas

Another TheVegasEye.com Exclusive: Michael Jackson, and his three children attended the 7 p.m. performance of KÀ by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand, on Tuesday, August 26.

Michael was wearing dark clothing, including a hooded sweatshirt and face mask. The children were dressed casually in jeans and ball caps. The youngest was wearing a Mystère hat (they attended Mystère by Cirque du Soleil on July 29).

The group watched the show from seats in the center of the theatre and snacked on popcorn. Following the show Michael commented that it was the best production he has ever seen – and it’s his favorite of the Cirque du Soleil shows.

KÀ official website: click

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-records-pop-album-of-Robert-Burns-poems.html
Michael Jackson records pop album of Robert Burns poems
Michael Jackson, the pop star, and friend David Gest have teamed up to record a bizarre pop album of Robert Burns' poems.

Gest, the former husband of Liza Minnelli, said they recorded the album at Jackson's studio in California with top recording artists, giving a 21st century twist to the Bard's lyrics.

Gest, a concert promoter and television personality, said that Jackson is in love with the poetry of Burns and helped pay for it to be put to music.

Scotland's national bard died in 1796 and his poems were described earlier this month by Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman as "sentimental doggerel".

But Gest, 55, believes his works are as relevant today as ever.

He said: "Our favourite poet in the world is Robbie Burns.

"Michael and I were originally going to do a musical on his life with Gene Kelly directing and Anthony Perkins as executive producer - but they both died.

"So Michael and I put all the poems to contemporary music in his studio in Encino.

"We did Ae Fond Kiss, Tam O'Shanter and all that. We turned his work into show tunes. It is beautiful and I still have the recordings.

"I am thinking more and more about bringing Red, Red Rose back to life because I went on that bridge when I was last in Scotland looking for Tam O'Shanter.

"I felt like I was a little kid looking for all those things Burns wrote about and the curator let me lay on the bed Burns slept in at his family home. The alarm went off. It was really surreal because Michael and I think of him as one of the most brilliant minds ever."

Paxman sparked fury after he dismissed Scotland's national bard Robert Burns as "no more than a king of sentimental doggerel" in the introduction to the new edition of Chambers Dictionary.

Paxman's derogatory description of the poet incensed Burns experts, with one leading scholar describing him as being both wrong and ill-informed.

But Gest, a former I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here contestant, said: "He was great with women and writing great poetry."

Jackson turns 50 on Friday, August 29 and to mark the occasion, an album, King of Pop, has been released this week.

MJ Mentionings

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...he-jackson-5-motown-years-cds-86908-20713529/

WIN: Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5: Motown Years CDs

Aug 27 2008 By Bryan Quinn
Michael Jackson Mowtown

03691776-AC2C-2687-341B4E596A6D0F36.jpg

Celebrating the musical legends 50th birthday, for the first time ever, A new compilation combines the best of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 The Motown Years 50, a fantastic packed 3CD, 50 track album of all his biggest and best hits from the years which defined him as an international superstar.

To win a copy of this great new release just answer the following question;

http://music.hollyscoop.com/michael-jackson/mtv-wants-michael-phelps-and-michael-jackson_1055.aspx
MTV Wants Michael Phelps And Michael Jackson

Now that Britney is out of the picture, MTV wants the Michael's at this year's VMA's. Phelps and Jackson to be exact.

MJ would be the perfect pick for the show, since he's been supposedly hard at work recording his new album in Vegas. And Phelps needs no justification at this point.

After his success in Beijing, he's one of the biggest superstars in the world.

MTV is reportedly working hard at getting MJ to perform at the awards, which would be a shoe-in for high ratings (maybe even as high as last year with Brit!). As for the gold medal winner, he would be a presenter.

Maybe they can convince him to just wear a speedo? Wishful thinking, we're sure.

P/S: there's already a thread opened to discuss this rumor: go here

MJ mentionings

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/out-and-about/?p=7841
On the scene: Macy’s Glamorama
Posted in Shopping and style by Robin Clement on August 27th, 2008

After taking an odd turn last year with a country and western theme, last week’s Macy’s-produced Glamorama fashion show at the Chicago Theatre was host to all the 1980s essentials. Here are some of the highlights:

[...]
In another scene, a classic ‘80s sports car was lowered from the ceiling as the sounds of “Beat It” blasted from the speakers. C’N’C’ Costume National’s men were not just models; they were performers, each imitating a Michael Jackson move.

http://top40-charts.com/news/Metal-...uled-For-November-4th-Election-Day/42516.html
Fall Out Boy's New Release FOLIE A DEUX Scheduled For November 4th Election Day

Meanwhile, Fall Out Boy's cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" has been nominated for Best Rock Video at this year's 25th annual MTV VMAs. The worldwide cablecast takes place live from Paramount Studios in Hollywood, on Sunday night, September 7th at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern).

"So Michael and I put all the poems to contemporary music in his studio in Encino"
where is this studio?

are the songs of album with Michael's voice?

My husband and I went to KA by Cirque de soleil three years ago when we went to Vegas for our 25th wedding anniversary. I agree with Michael, it was an amazing performance, I came out ofter seeing the show feeling totally awestruck.
I'm so pleased that Michael is getting out and about with his children and having fun.

the studio they are talking about is in the Jacksons family home.. In Encino, that is the 'Encino' studio they are talking about.

Thanks 4 the news!:wub:

Is Wade Robeson (friend of MJ) the choreographer for Cirque de soleil ...& this production..too?

No, I don't think so. But I would love to see a new show by Michael (if that ever happens), with elements of Cirque du Soleil incorporated (not parts of the show, but the style).

I am glad that MJ had a good time last night. Good for him. Hopefully he would go to that performance again on the day of the crappy MTV awards. Michael Phleps can bring in the ratings.

As for MJ and David Gest doing songs based on the poet, I am really interested in that. I never heard of the poet, but I am sure it would be interesting.

Good to hear Michael had a fabulous time at the show. :)
Thanks for posting!

hey i found this :) :yes:

THRILLER DANCE FLASHMOB EVENT IN LONDON (UK)

Would you like to Dance with Navi (The World's #1 Michael Jackson Tribute) to Thriller?

Now's your chance to do just that! Take part in the Thriller Dance Flashmob on August 28th in London's Leicester Square at 6.00pm!

Click on the links below for more information:-
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=68606445426

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qms--JCnYqE

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Navi-...?ref=search&init=q&q=NAVI&k=100000000020&sf=t

---------------------------------------------
KING OF POP CELEBRATING FIFTY YEARS OF A LEGEND EVENT IN ESSEX (UK)

This event commemorates the 25th anniversary of the world’s biggest selling album of all time; Thriller, and the half-century milestone birthday of Michael Jackson.

Official Event Information
THE VENUE: BRANNIGANS
Address: 64 South Street, Romford, Essex, RM1 1RB
Alcohol available (served to over 18's only).
ID required: Passport or Driving License

THE DATE: 31st August 2008 | 31.08.08

THE TIME: 13:30 | 1:30pm (Doors open)
Main event starts @ 14:30 til' 19:00

AFTERPARTY: THE CUSTOM HOUSE
Address: 72-74 South Street, Romford, Essex, RM1 1RX
Time: 19:30 - 23:00 (Alcohol available)
The afterparty is strictly for over 18's only
ID required: Passport or Driving License

TICKETS: Adults - £20.00 | Child - £12.50 (12 Yrs)
Afterparty - £5.00 | Adult & Afterparty Combo - £22.50

Please note: ID will be required for ALL child tickets!

All enquiries to: events@kingofpop.info

Hehehe I love Ka!!!! I have seen it once before it was open to the public. My father is an employee at the MGM Grand, so MGm gave their employees tickets for them, and their families to see KA.

Well I was in awe when I saw the show. By far the best production I have ever seen. I loved it very much, and i am still awe strucked by it.

http://www.rap-up.com/2008/08/27/ne-...chael-jackson/

Ne-Yo has big plans for two music legends. The acclaimed singer/songwriter is penning songs for Whitney Houston’s and Michael Jackson’s highly anticipated comeback albums. The 25-year-old spoke to Rap-Up.com about his role in bringing the two superstars back into the spotlight.

“It’s coming along slowly, but surely. They’re being very selective about what they keep, which they’re supposed to be. These are two very important albums. It’s the one that’s going to bring Whitney back and the one that’s going to take all the attention off of [Michael Jackson’s] personal life, hopefully, and put people back in the mindstate of why they love Michael in the first place,” Ne-Yo said backstage at a recent taping of “FNMTV” in Hollywood.

The hitmaker also shared his advice on how the King of Pop can stage a successful comeback. “The entertainment side—the way he dances, the way he sings, and him being one of the greatest entertainers that got put on the stage—bring people back in that mind frame and away from thinking about when his last surgery was or if he still has the monkey or whatever the hell it is. He’s still Michael Jackson.”

Ne-Yo will release his third studio album Year of the Gentleman on September 16th. Both Houston’s and Jackson’s albums do not currently have release dates.

those comments by Ne Yo are just a rehash of the same thing he said a a few months ago.

MJ mentionings
Meanwhile, Fall Out Boy's cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" has been nominated for Best Rock Video at this year's 25th annual MTV VMAs. The worldwide cablecast takes place live from Paramount Studios in Hollywood, on Sunday night, September 7th at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern).

^ That's cool! $$$ :D

Speaking of $$$, Rememba this story from earlier this month? >>>

Sony/ATV Plants a Tree in The Orchard

Iconic Sony Tree Productions Catalogue and All Sony/ATV Owned Master Recordings Go to The Orchard for Digital Distribution, Creative Licensing & Brand Entertainment:

The Orchard, a global leader in digital music and entertainment, has secured marketing and digital distribution rights to all Sony/ATV Music Publishing owned master recordings, including recordings owned by Sony/ATV's worldwide affiliates:http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/sonyatv-plants-tree-orchard/story.aspx?guid={70EC0D96-AE55-41B6-9BF9-7BBE64FD3C33}&dist=hppr

Well tod
ay, >>>

The Orchard Licenses Catalog To Limewire

August 27, 2008 - Digital and Mobile

By Antony Bruno, Denver

The Orchard is licensing its music to the DRM-free a la carte music download service operated by file-sharing network Limewire. The store, launched earlier this year, has existing content from Redeye Distribution, Nettwerk Music Group, and IRIS. The addition of 1.2 million tracks from The Orchard doubles its catalog to more than 2 million songs.

The LimeWire store operates much like any other digital retailer, selling tracks both a la carte and taking an eMusic-like approach and selling tiered bulk "subscriptions" that offer anywhere from 25 to 75 songs a month on a sliding pay scale.

The company remains embroiled in a copyright infringement lawsuit brought by major labels against its popular P2P music network.
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3id8dfe313e4e793c733e305c586cb9111

So, does this mean that ALL of Sony/ATV's catalog will be available through Limewire, including the Beatles???

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know about the downtime....thought you guys got hacked again...at least it was a hardware issue, right?

Back