August 22-24, 2008 (Updated for August 24, 2008 on post # 26)

mariemarie

Guests
MJJCommunity Breaking News!!

It is that time of year again !!
The BT DIGITAL MUSIC AWARDS Nominees are up and it is time to make your voice heard. Support our Community with your votes... VOTE VOTE VOTE :eek:k:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:timer: Time is wasting ... Vote for MJJCommunity :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A week from today, our beloved Michael Jackson turns 50 years old! Man, I can't hardly believe it. As always, have an excellent weekend!

News

Note: Posted before, but this article is more detailed

Michael Jackson launches social networking game

Michael Jackson is launching an exclusive gaming contest to take advantage of the power of social networking.

To promote his forthcoming King of Pop album, released on August 25th, Michael has launched a dance game application on Facebook, MySpace and Bebo allowing fans the chance to win a host of fantastic prizes.

The game will allow users to control Michael Jackson's dance moves as they aim to keep up with the steps during his tracks in a dance-mat style routine. Hand-and-eye co-ordination is the key to the game as arrows direct users to try and build up the biggest combo they can and see the King of Pop break out the trademark moves he made a worldwide phenomenon.

Prizes will be awarded for the highest hourly and daily scores, exclusive ringtones for hourly winners, and limited edition iPod Nanos for the daily winners.

The overall top five scorers from each social network will then move on to a secret extra level. This level will pit the players against each other as they aim to be the lucky recipient of two round the world plane tickets (for players aged 18 and over), or a Sony Bravia 32" TV and a Playstation 3 (for players aged under 18).

King of Pop, a greatest hits collection to honour the music legend's 50th birthday, will be released on August 25th, and fans were able to choose the tracklisting of his new album thanks to an exclusive deal.

In the first fan-driven album of its kind, Sony BMG partnered with GMTV and the Sun newspaper to give Jackson's UK fans the chance to vote for their favourite songs, with the top 18 forming the album's track listing.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/entertai...-launches-social-networking-game-$1237525.htm

Mentionings

Janelle Monáe: an alternative R&B voice

Janelle Monáe will tell you she's a lot of things — robot, superhero, alien from outer space — and that's all fine and good.

On "Sincerely, Jane," she rips the line "Are we really living or just walking dead now?!"out of her nose with Broadway brass; she floats around through a version of "Smile" (from the Charlie Chaplin movie "Modern Times," made famous by Nat "King" Cole and Michael Jackson) with the lazy swing of a coy jazz singer. She's packaged "Metropolis" with sci-fi imagery and a radio-drama-style story line.

Full article http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2008130150_monae22.html

Ceylon Records Recording Artist, DeLon, Responds to M.I.A.'s Denial of Terrorist Affiliation

Remixing Michael Jackson's, "Man in the Mirror", DeLon provides another educational video through the hip-hop medium as he raps about his message and mission of peace and unity throughout his country of Sri Lanka and around the globe. A rare stance by a hip-hop rapper, DeLon's motivation was not to target M.I.A., but to target the atrocities happening in his country and around the world. DeLon says, "My mission was not to expose or target M.I.A., I am targeting the symbols that she uses in her music and videos." DeLon asks the question, "If my father was part of the Klu Klux Klan, and I wanted nothing to do with it, would I put guys dressed up in white sheets in my videos?" DeLon is targeting terrorists. He is asking governments and civilians around the globe to open their eyes to the injustices that are happening all around us. DeLon continues, "We are in a period of war. We are in a period of change. We as human beings are facing our own self-demise through our ignorance and unwillingness to find peace and global unity."

Full article http://www.prweb.com/releases/ceylonrecords/delon/prweb1233664.htm

Rock 'n' Roll Babylon: 50 Years of Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll

Rock ‘n’ Roll Babylon, Gary Herman’s 1982 book has gone through many editions in the last 26 years, adding current content as new trends and innovations become part of the collective culture, and as new stars rise and fall. Rock ‘n’ Roll Babylon: 50 Years of Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll is the latest revised and updated version, taking the reader from rock’s genesis in the 1950s, right up to the tabloid exploits of today’s stars (Amy Winehouse’s self-destruction and Britney Spears’ spectacular decline are featured, and there is nearly an entire chapter devoted to perpetual lost-boy Pete Doherty and his muse, Kate Moss).

There’s the excessive “outrageousness” of image and performance (Frank Zappa, David Bowie, the Velvet Underground’s, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper and the Sex Pistols are discussed at length.) and the excess toll of touring. There are excesses of fan adoration (from Elvis fanatics—the “aristocracy of fandom”—to the more frightening fanatics—collectors of Dylan’s garbage and murderers like Manson and Chapman, from Deadheads to dead audience members crushed by crazed crowds or killed by security) and the excessively abusive groupie scene (from both perspectives).
No other industry, save perhaps Hollywood, has such an excess of corruption, corporatization, sensationalism and behind-the-scenes sadness as the music industry and Rock ‘n’ Roll Babylon delves into all of it (extended sections on Kurt Cobain and the spectacle that is Michael Jackson are quite compelling).

Full article http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/61981/rock-n-roll-babylon-50-years-of-sex-drugs-and-rock-n-roll/

Moffat County Neighbor: Scott McKinney

If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be and what would you serve?
Michael Jackson, Tim Allen, Bruce Lee and Ferdinand Porsche and I would serve shrimp scampi.

What music, book or movie are you ashamed to admit you love? Michael Jackson’s “Moonwalker”

Entire interview http://www.craigdailypress.com/news/2008/aug/22/moffat_county_neighbor_scott_mckinney/

Disney star Bleu at State Fair Monday

It's going to be very interesting. We've got a four-piece band, and two of the dancers are girls, so I've got a chance to be flirtatious with them while keeping it a family show, of course. We have costume changes, and a tip of the hat to old-school jazz, so it's not just hip-hop style. I was very blessed to have Travis Payne as a choreographer -- he worked with Michael Jackson -- and Rex Salas, who worked with Janet.

Full article http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/ENT04/808220345

Eighties-inspired duo bring back glam

POP music has lost a lot of its meaning," muses Sean O'Meara, the male, guitar-playing half of Manc glam-pop duo Aristocrash.

"Think pop music these days, and you're talking about a bunch of skinny indie boys playing guitars.

"For us, pop music was always about fantasy, about escapism. Pop is artists like Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson. Pop is about spectacle, glamour and performance. It's the whole package. You've got to go that extra distance."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../1063672_eightiesinspired_duo_bring_back_glam

Caymanian of The Week - Jeremy Ebanks

Jeremy Ebanks is so deeply committed to serving Jesus Christ he loves reading the New Testament.
“I’m enthusiastic about reading the New Testament because it helps me pattern my life on Jesus Christ,” he says. “It also teaches us about loving each other and having eternal life.” He’s a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church in West Bay.
This Accounts Receivables Clerk at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort is aspiring to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Mr Ebanks loves dancing and listening to music, with Michael Jackson as one of his favourite artists.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/news-9468--3-3---.html

Tastes Like Selling Out? Mountain Dew Launches Singles-Only Label

Pepsi owns Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew owns Green Label Sound. Green Label Sound, starting Thursday, offers free exclusive downloads from Cool Kids, Matt & Kim and more to come. But Green Label Sound doesn't own Cool Kids or Matt and Kim. Got that?
If only it were that simple, you say. But it is, according to Cool Kids.
"Mountain Dew is not trying to push their product through music like everyone else, they just wanna support music," explains Cool Kid Chuck Inglish. "And with us trying to set up our new record without a record company, Mountain Dew gives us an unexpected helping hand to get up those steps."

Fair enough. A listen to Cool Kids' free download "Delivery Man" from Mountain Dew's newly inaugurated, singles-only download label Green Label Sound doesn't mention hypercaffeinated product at all, although it raps about plenty of biz. But the cover art, at right, for the rap duo's Green Label exclusive sports the same color scheme as its soft-drink sugar daddy. Plus, the extensive Terms and Conditions statement doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially the part that says Pepsi isn't liable for any direct harm resulting from viruses caught while downloading its exclusive content or browsing its site.

But maybe we can keep our suspicions on the art/commerce merge to a minimum and give Pepsi and Mountain Dew the benefit of the doubt? Some bands already are.
"Green Label Sound is giving artists like ourselves an opportunity to get to a different scale than we were previously on," says Cool Kids Mikey Rocks. "The program gives us a further reach than we would've had on our own, but we still get to keep the same creative independence that we like to have."

Sure, but for how long? Pepsi's list of official spokespeople is long and controversial. From literally setting Michael Jackson on fire during a commercial taping to dropping Bowie, Madonna and perhaps Kayne West for sexually and/or politically charged statements and actions, the company has seen more than its share of trouble from music. It has also seen more than its share of revenue from it as well. So, some healthy suspicion is always a good thing. Isn't it?

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/08/caffeine-ocalpy.html

The real life of a bodyguard to the stars

Although they have access to body armour that could stop either a knife or, potentially, a bullet, he stresses that the bodyguard’s real expertise comes in avoiding dangerous situations and diffusing conflict.
“It is more about the skills of the mind than your skills as a fighter,” he says. “Operational planning and threat assessment at the outset are far more important.”

Kevin, who has protected the royals of Monaco, pop icons like Michael Jackson, movie stars such as Julian McMahon, as well as politicians, says the bigger the client the more accommodating they are about being surrounded by security.
“There is a very clear difference between someone who is grade A status and a grade C, or even someone you might describe as Z-list.
“Celebrities who are at the top end of the industry for five years or more tend to accept there will be security. With people who are new to the status it can be more difficult as it does take some getting used to.”
In all his years in close protection Kevin says that, even in situations where he has been working undercover for television companies “where you are right up talking to the threat”, most jobs have gone off “without incident”.

“Actually most incidents have probably been with the press – avoiding reporters or getting them to chase after a vehicle they think the celebrity is in.
“I can’t give a more exciting answer but you could say that is because we are good at our jobs.”

Full article http://www.birminghampost.net/life-...e-of-a-bodyguard-to-the-stars-65233-21587105/

Meet musician Alex “Brigadier” Chamasowa

He believes music has improved in the country but is quick to point out that many artists lack exposure.

"We have the talent but the problem has been to put our music on the international market. For instance I have been receiving calls of late from people requesting my music in South Africa. But we do not have a proper channel. I wish we had a recording company to market and sell our music," says Chamasowa.

On his stage performances the artist who has adopted Kwaito as his style says he only performs on hire since he does not have his own equipment.

"The problem I have at the moment is that I do not have my own equipment but I will definitely hold shows once I release Mingoli Five," he says.

An admirer of Lucius Banda on the local scene for his talent and creativity in producing strong albums and Michael Jackson on the international scene, Chamasowa advises his fellow artists to take time in releasing their albums.

"We need not rush when coming up with albums. Let’s strive to produce the best and work hard on the songs. Music is not all about making money but producing the best for the people. I admire Lucius Banda because he always strives to bring out new things in each and every album."

Full story http://www.dailytimes.bppmw.com/article.asp?ArticleID=10614

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 22 - 25 This weekend in news

What music, book or movie are you ashamed to admit you love? Michael Jackson’s “Moonwalker”

Why be ashamed? That movie and book are modern day classics! LOL.

"For us, pop music was always about fantasy, about escapism. Pop is artists like Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson. Pop is about spectacle, glamour and performance. It's the whole package. You've got to go that extra distance."

Well, it is not like that anymore. Today, Pop music is crap. I mean, what is pop music really these days?

"We need not rush when coming up with albums. Let’s strive to produce the best and work hard on the songs. Music is not all about making money but producing the best for the people. I admire Lucius Banda because he always strives to bring out new things in each and every album."

I agree. Artists need to take time in doing their CDs. Maybe if they do that, they can grow as artists and make good music. Taking your time is a good thing.

Correcto mundo Bee... I wish artists could go back to that someday.

Why be ashamed? That movie and book are modern day classics! LOL.

Agrees with everything you said LOL

I agree. Artists need to take time in doing their CDs. Maybe if they do that, they can grow as artists and make good music. Taking your time is a good thing.

Thats why Michael's album don't suck. He takes his time!

TillsitsGone and Marie: On point. People need to take music seriosuly. :)

Ceylon Records Recording Artist, DeLon, Responds to M.I.A.'s Denial of Terrorist Affiliation

Remixing Michael Jackson's, "Man in the Mirror", DeLon provides another educational video through the hip-hop medium as he raps about his message and mission of peace and unity throughout his country of Sri Lanka and around the globe. A rare stance by a hip-hop rapper, DeLon's motivation was not to target M.I.A., but to target the atrocities happening in his country and around the world. DeLon says, "My mission was not to expose or target M.I.A., I am targeting the symbols that she uses in her music and videos." DeLon asks the question, "If my father was part of the Klu Klux Klan, and I wanted nothing to do with it, would I put guys dressed up in white sheets in my videos?" DeLon is targeting terrorists. He is asking governments and civilians around the globe to open their eyes to the injustices that are happening all around us. DeLon continues, "We are in a period of war. We are in a period of change. We as human beings are facing our own self-demise through our ignorance and unwillingness to find peace and global unity."

Full article http://www.prweb.com/releases/ceylonrecords/delon/prweb1233664.htm

This song totally rocks! Go DeLon! Spread Michael's word! We need some peace in dis world!

GREAT!!!! AS a fellow Sri Lankan I can vouch for DeLon's efforts! Freedom fighting for terrorism really is an uninformed view -- so go ahead DeLon!!!

Want to check the track out. Good choice I might add :)

Vote! Vote! Vote!

It is that time of year again !!
The BT DIGITAL MUSIC AWARDS Nominees are up and it is time to make your voice heard. Support our Community with your votes... VOTE VOTE VOTE :eek:k:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:timer: Time is wasting ... Vote for MJJCommunity :D

Gathering news and mentionings for Saturday. Be right back!

Michael Jackson Mentionings for August 23, 2008:

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=31470

At home on the Broadway stage, she is equally comfortable in the world of R&B, as Bean has opened for Kanye West at The Hammerstein Ballroom and performed for Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Concert at Madison Square Garden. She gave a thrilling performance of "Ain't No Way" alongside Brian McKnight, honoring Aretha Franklin at the "Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards."

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=57409&cat=16

Matt Thien describes his music as a “deep meaning acoustic driven pop with the most peaceful feeling that you’ve ever felt in your life.” Which really means, “I bang away on the acoustic guitar and I write melodies that fill your heart with funness.” His music is heavily influenced by John Mayer, with inspiration from Michael Jackson, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes and Andy Davis.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/23082008/weekendride3.html

“It is a pity we do not know our worth. The outside world are really jealous and always appreciate the God- given and endowed talents we possess. We also cheapen ourselves. We should be ready to help ourselves. You see, if Michael Jackson was not assisted, nobody would hear him. Now Michael Jackson did not only have the glory but his country also shares in the glory. Government and other stakeholders need to assist and fashion ways out. Artistes will promote our cultural and musical heritage, as investors will get lifetime foreign exchange from it. So, if artistes are promoted, again, it will also give a cultural image to the nation because entertainment is a big money spinner,” Lola Fadipe remarked.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20080822/BLOG04/46000539

If three weeks of fall camp has caught up to the Huskies, they didn't show it in the early portions of this afternoon's practice. Maybe it was the return of nice weather, or maybe it was the Michael Jackson blaring from the speakers, but players seemed upbeat and in a light mood while going through warmups.

http://www.newsvirginian.com/wnv/news/local/article/drawn_toward_the_friday_night_lights/26635/

“I think Draft’s secondary is going to have a tough time this year,” he says without prodding. “Broadway might do that to them all night.”
It’s a far cry from the organized chaos that takes place the closer you walk to the gate at Draft. The parking adjacent to the high school is filled with SUVs and pickups with doors open, music blaring (“We’re bringing him back,” one student yells as Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel” blasts out of his truck) and grills, well, grilling.

http://www.star-telegram.com/living/story/851291.html

As a star running back in peewee football, Allen was known for gravitating from the bench to the sidelines to do his Michael Jackson impersonation.

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/3597729.Cruz_control/

His dream is to work with Michael Jackson. "He's the only living legend who could still kill it," he says. "I'd also love to work with Madonna and Prince - my idols when I was growing up."

http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2008/08/23/appetite_for_description/

The 1990 memoir "Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac" became a bestseller. There were also bios of The Band, Bob Marley, and Michael Jackson, with whom Davis worked on "Moonwalk." (Continuing a family tradition, his daughter was accosted by Jackson's pet chimp Bubbles during his visit to the singer's home, the author says.)

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/38647/

Along with CHUCK NORRIS, the Guest List for this October Show is filled this big names such as LOU FERRIGNO, known for his role as The Incredible Hulk and for The King of Queens. RICHARD KIEL will also be in attendance. Many James Bond fans know Mr. KIEL as the villain “Jaws” and many others know him from the hit film Happy Gilmore. Wrestling Legend BRUNO SAMMARTINO will also be doing a signing appearance. Additionally, a Friday the 13TH Reunion is planned. C.J. GRAHAM who played “Jason Vorhees” in part VI will be attending with many other Friday the 13th Celebrities. Show fans will be excited to meet OLA RAY, who was Michael Jackson’s girl from the hit Thriller. Additionally, BUNNY DEBARGE, from the 80‘s hit R & B MoTown Group DeBarge will be signing autographs. The list of guests keeps growing so keep checking the show website for updates.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=14888&position=39

D: Okay, so let's just discuss the Michael Jackson. This week you were Michael Jackson in the Shopping Task, and the way that you and Rex treated Mikey was difficult. What do you think?

N: I don't think that at all. He was always commenting at me the whole time, like saying really nasty comments to me.
D: I can understand that he has said some mean things to you, but totally being naïve about his disability when he's trying to copy a dance... you've got to let him try.

N: I did! I helped him but he really did upset me and really did hurt me. And Rex and I found it hard to teach him because we had to learn the dance, and then we had to teach Mikey the dance as well.
D: Some people found that quite hard to watch, your behaviour towards Mikey, and I think that's why you potentially had such a high percentage of the vote.
N: I don't admit that at all. I actually got on with Mikey the best in the first week of Hell. I really did get on with him.

Q: Well, unfortunately I have to tell you that I think that this last week is the reason you got such a high percentage. Your percentage was 94%, which is the highest percentage we've ever had, ever. It may even be a world record, I'm not sure! But on the upside, you were a great Michael Jackson. Thinking about that, would you have changed anything?

D: Yeah. I have absolutely no regrets - I don't - but if you thought I was like that towards Mikey then I apologise. I actually did like the guy and we had a laugh. But I would change a few things - not being so miserable all the time, being annoying I guess. N: Nicole - you were a great housemate. Here are your best bits.

http://www.clarecountyreview.com/?p=693

Dubbed “a dancing entrepreneur” by The New York Times, choreographer Glenn Douglas Packard has worked with some of the biggest acts in entertainment including Pink, Destiny’s Child, Missy Elliot, Nelly Furtado, Whitney Houston, Usher and Liza Minelli. He was even honored with an Emmy nomination for his artistic direction on Michael Jackson’s 30th Anniversary Celebration at Madison Square Garden.

Michael Jackson HIStory for August 23, 2008:

1993 - The Los Angeles Police Department formally announced that Michael Jackson was the subject a criminal investigation.

1997 - Michael Jackson's single "Stranger in Moscow" hit #91 in the U.S.

Re: August 22-24, 2008 (Updated for August 23, 2008 on post # 13)

Wow, Lola Fadipe had some deep words to share. I tryna figure out what she means by that...

6s3med.gif

6s3med.gif

^^ Come and vote fot MJJC to win the best musical website!

i keep thinking chichi has something to tell us but i just still don't get it.

anyone else getting the same vibe?

i keep thinking chichi has something to tell us but i just still don't get it.

anyone else getting the same vibe?
I'm getting the vibe too! Just can't put my finger on it... :innocent:

hmmmmmmmmmm well maybe he'll come in later to clarify

thanks for News & mentionnings

Dwyane Wade in Remake of Michael Jackson`s Thriller

Dwyane Tyrone Wade, Jr. is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Miami Heat in the National Basketball Association (NBA).

Well at least he’s dressed like he’s filming a remake to the video. I guess the beautiful Lauren London will take the place of Ola Ray as his girlfriend. Give Michael back his outfit Wade. Man, you know basketball but you don’t know anything about clothes. SMH.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

http://filthyrag.com/blog/2008/08/dwyane-wade-in-remake-of-michael-jacksons-thriller/

wadethriller1.jpg

Last edited:

thanks for news and mentionings :)

not long untill MJ is 50! can't believe it!

Thanks for the updates this weekend! Its been a boring few days, very dry in the MJ news world lol!

Nothing much once again in the Michael Jackson news world, but some mentionings.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for August 24, 2008:

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/2815/3/im-a-creative-noise-maker-alariwo.html

Why is there so much time space between your albums?

A creative noise maker is who I am; I take my time. Marvin Gaye released once in 10 years, Michael Jackson was once in 4 years. When the album comes out by the grace of the Almighty, people will now say oh, it is worth waiting for.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-ca-metallica24-2008aug24,0,3398826.story

More than 57 million Metallica albums have been shipped to U.S. stores, according to the Recording Industry Assn. of America. That's more than U2, Celine Dion or Fleetwood Mac and just 3 million shy of Michael Jackson's career total.?? (These people need to do their research) :doh:

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/columnists/hearne_christopher_jr/story/759964.htm

“He was like a waiter at the old Stanford’s in Westport, and we had an open mic night, and he began to perform each week,” Glazer says. “The big thing about him is he was a dancer — he did a moonwalk like Michael Jackson, only it was better.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/aug/24/corbin-bleu-fans-will-get-treat-at-fair/

When discussing his current headlining tour, Bleu isn’t afraid to talk about himself and an entertainment “Thriller” that pretty much set the bar for live performance.

It’s a great show,” Bleu said. “I grew up in theater, so everything for me is very theatrical, and there is no moment in the show that there’s not something going on. I’m a big fan of Michael Jackson, and when Michael Jackson performs, he just doesn’t get up there and play the songs. He actually has a show. It’s a real performance.

http://newsok.com/pride-runs-deep-f...-marching-band/article/3286945/?tm=1219364751

OU fans often watch with amazement when The Pride of Oklahoma performs its halftime routines. Whether performing a tribute to Michael Jackson's "Thriller” or marching in the interlocking OU formation, the band is well aware of Britt's tireless work to create innovative halftime shows.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/valley/la-ig-notebook24-2008aug24,0,1575322.story

Founder of the Margaret Maldonado Agency, one of a dozen or so offices that place stylists with high-profile clients, she's the image maker behind the image makers. She learned from the masters, having spent the first part of her adulthood in a relationship with Jermaine Jackson, and being front row for the Jackson family circus.

ALL these things we've been incubating for the last two years are starting to come out," Maldonado says, her dark hair topped with an Hermès fedora that could easily have come out of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" heyday. We're chatting in the showroom, a few doors down from her office. Hanging on a rack to her right are pieces from L'Agence, a collection that debuts in November with luxe $150 T-shirts and a $490 Swarovski crystal BlackBerry holder. To her left is the spring Miss Davenporte collection, designed by stylists Cristina Ehrlich and Estee Stanley, and in the next room is a glass case full of jewelry designed by Lieberman.

It was the 1980s; she slipped into drug addiction and surfaced in L.A., completing rehab and meeting Jackson at a restaurant days later. It's all in her 1995 book, "Jackson Family Values," still a compelling read, full of sordid details about her life at the Jackson family's Encino compound Hayvenhurst.

As painful as those years were, she credits the family with teaching her the power of style. "Seeing what Janet was doing with the 'Control' and 'Rhythm Nation' albums, I was in awe. I could see the difference in who people are in real life and the image they create for the public, and all the reasons why it's important
."

She called Combs' manager, Benny Medina, whom she had met through the Jacksons and Berry Gordy. And Medina was all for it. Just like that, Maldonado had become an agent. Lieberman, working on music videos for Eve at the time, was the next to sign on

Maldonado kept building her roster. The only way she could evaluate talent, she says, was trial and error. So she would pair aspiring stylists with Lieberman and Waknin and see who made the cut. But no one made headlines like Zoe did in the summer of 2005. Calls came in from producers interested in doing a reality show about her and the agency, but Maldonado wasn't convinced she wanted to join the celebrity circus again. She had seen how it consumed the Jackson family

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/082408/new_news1.shtml

The videos feature students giving rousing renditions of pop songs, such as Enya's "Only Time" and Michael Jackson's "Thriller." Williams - D-Wills to his students - plays a prominent role in several of the routines; during Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" he leads the chorus as he plays along on a computer keyboard. In "Only Time," Williams falls backward into the outstretched arms of his students. In "Thriller," he does the "worm," belly sliding across the stage. A boy wearing a yellow dress dances in the background.

Most of the performances took place in Williams' classroom, but "Thriller" was staged in the auditorium at the end of the spring semester. Williams, 26, said he got permission to use the stage from the school's drama teacher.

When they did, Williams said students spent only two to 10 minutes singing and dancing. They had more time for Enya because of a longer class period that day, and students spent an entire class period on "Thriller" because it served as a party on the last class day.
The videos did motivate students to pay attention, said Nick Perry, 18, who said he wore the yellow dress in "Thriller."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-teen-pop-side1-0824aug24,0,5911061.story

Michael Jackson: The Jackson 5, the last of the Motown-era powerhouse acts, launched 11-year-old Michael into stardom that would culminate in 1982 with the landmark solo album, "Thriller."

Michael Jackson HIStory for August 24, 2008:

1993 - Confidential documents concerning a criminal investigation of Michael Jackson were leaked to the media.

1997 - An escaped psychiatric patient was arrested after he attempted to set fire to the state at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki. Two Michael Jackson concerts were scheduled at the venue.

Nothing much once again in the Michael Jackson news world, but some mentionings.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for August 24, 2008:

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/2815/3/im-a-creative-noise-maker-alariwo.html

Why is there so much time space between your albums?

A creative noise maker is who I am; I take my time. Marvin Gaye released once in 10 years, Michael Jackson was once in 4 years. When the album comes out by the grace of the Almighty, people will now say oh, it is worth waiting for.

Interesting guy...thanx for the mentionings :)

Who can do the moonwalk better than Mike? That is laughable.

Well at least he’s dressed like he’s filming a remake to the video. I guess the beautiful Lauren London will take the place of Ola Ray as his girlfriend. Give Michael back his outfit Wade. Man, you know basketball but you don’t know anything about clothes. SMH

LOL! That is funny. They need to cut him some slack. He, along with the Redeem Team won the gold medal for the USA Basketball team. :)

I’m a big fan of Michael Jackson, and when Michael Jackson performs, he just doesn’t get up there and play the songs. He actually has a show. It’s a real performance.

That's right.

It is a good thing that one of Jermaine's ex- wives is doing her thing.

was not on much this weekend so thanks for all that I missed,.

Back