August 13, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hey, peeps a little late today but give me a few minutes and I'll pull some stuff together :yes:

Not much going on it seems...

Contrasting fortunes as Madonna and ***** turn 50

1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Pop icons Madonna and Michael Jackson turn 50 later this month, but the contrasting fortunes of the two music legends could not be more stark as they usher in their respective birthdays.
Madonna, who celebrates her birthday on August 16, will bring up the half century with her career in rude health, less than one year into a groundbreaking 120-million-dollar, 10-year deal, and with a recent No.1 album.
But "King of Pop" Jackson, who is 50 on August 29, will mark his birthday still struggling to rebuild his career following a 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges, and with his finances the subject of intense speculation.
In the 1980s, the duo ruled the music world, with Jackson riding high thanks to the phenomenal success of his seminal 1983 "Thriller," which with more than 50 million copies sold remains the best-selling album of all-time.
Madonna enjoyed similar success, exploding on to the scene with 1983's "Madonna," and following it up with the multi-platinum "Like a Virgin" a year later, which has sold 21 million copies worldwide.
Yet while Madonna consolidated her success in the 25 years since her debut, Jackson's star has waned, an outcome that few would have predicted in 1983.
"It's interesting, you know, they're both the same age, they're both monster superstars, cultural myths almost, from the 1980s into the 1990s, but in so many ways they're hard to compare," said Robert Thompson, professor of television at the University of Syracuse.
"One could argue that as a musician, a dancer and an entertainer, Michael Jackson has it all over Madonna by a factor of 10," Thompson said.
"He's the guy who's up there with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, one of the top musical performers in our cultural history."
Yet Madonna, Thompson said, has prospered from her extraordinary ability to reinvent herself, a skill that allows her to remain relevant despite the march of time and changing music tastes.
According to Geoff Mayfield, chart director of Billboard, Madonna achieved solid success with her latest album "Hard Candy", which topped the charts earlier this year.
"It didn't sell as well as her music did a few years ago, but it was a number one album, and if anyone has ever proven that she's able of reinventing herself, that's Madonna," Mayfield said.
Jerry Del Colliano, a professor and music industry expert at the University of Southern California, also cited Madonna's chameleon-like ability to adapt.
"Madonna has managed to stay creative, and to stay relevant. I think she still is in the popular music scene," Del Colliano told AFP. "I don't know what she'll be like at 60, but Mick Jagger is there and he's rocking and rolling.
"There's no shrewder businesswoman. She could probably run a music studio."
Analysts were less optimistic about Jackson's ability to pull his career out of its prolonged nosedive of the last decade.
According to Thompson, Jackson's problems can be traced back to the astounding success of "Thriller" and the fame it earned him.
"He got to the point that he was so rich, so powerful and so famous, that he was allowed to kind of withdraw from any kind of reality," Thompson opined.
"Michael Jackson is the example of someone who was truly spoiled -- and by spoiled I mean ruined -- by the level of fame that he achieved.
"He accidentally turned himself into a parody of himself, and then it's kind of hard to re-emerge as a serious performer," Thompson said.
Both Thompson and Del Colliano expressed doubt that a Jackson comeback was feasible, saying the stigma of sex abuse allegations would continue to haunt the singer despite his acquittal.
"I don't think it's impossible, I think he's still got talent, but then you tie that in with the trial, and that made an awful lot of people terribly uncomfortable," Thompson said.
Del Colliano added: "Jackson withstood a trial, which was very ugly, and was vindicated. The idea that he could be a paedophile, having that in the news is not going to make your career any good."
A spokeswoman for Jackson did not respond to questions about how or where the singer would be celebrating his birthday.
Madonna, however, was reported to have postponed a star-studded party set for Saturday at the English country home she shares with husband Guy Ritchie after twisting an ankle during rehearsals for her forthcoming world tour.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iRYHvTTFyXdkrLmsRDqIUGKwTSKg

Article about Janet (really nothing great today)

Yo-yoing Janet Jackson desperately trying to lose weight for new world tour

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:25 PM on 12th August 2008

Janet Jackson is desperately fighting the flab to drop the pounds she has gained since unveiling her slimline new figure last year.
Seen in Paris dressed in a dowdy, black shapeless outfit, which appeared to be concealing extra pounds, the singer looked a complete contrast to the stunning picture of her taken in March earlier this year.
The self-confessed yo-yo dieter has gained a reported two stone in the past five months and friends she is desperate to shed almost three stone in time for her world tour.

article-1043797-023FCDD600000578-445_224x590.jpg

Enlarge

Yo-yoing weight gain: Janet Jackson has blamed her two stone weight gain on her boyfriend's junk food habit. Seen left in June, and right in March

The source told Closer magazine: 'Janet's such an extreme yo-yo dieter. She's piled on the pounds really quickly over the summer, and is now desperate to lose 40lb, just over three stone, in time for her world tour.
'But Jermaine has been stocking the fridge with pizza, fried chicken, chocolate and ice-cream.
The source told Closer magazine: 'It's causing friction in their relationship.'
Janet, 42, has had an ongoing battle with her weight for years. Her yo-yo dieting saw her dramatically gain 4st in 2006, before losing it in four months.
By July 2007 she was pictured looking bulky again after regaining some of the weight.
The sister of reclusive singer Michael Jackson is said to be miserable at her current weight of over 10st.
She now has a nutritionist and a chef, and is sticking to a 'strict diet of 1,700 calories a day'.

article-1043797-023FCDCF00000578-597_468x849.jpg

Janet Jackson arriving at the Costume Institute Gala in May with music producer boyfriend Jermaine Dupri
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvsho...rately-trying-lose-weight-new-world-tour.html

Not even any good mentions today dang. I'll check back on the news sites a bit later to see if anything new has come out :yes:

Today in
Michael Jackson History​
1992 - Michael Jackson's maxi single for "Jam" was released.

Last edited:
Both Thompson and Del Colliano expressed doubt that a Jackson comeback was feasible, saying the stigma of sex abuse allegations would continue to haunt the singer despite his acquittal.
"I don't think it's impossible, I think he's still got talent, but then you tie that in with the trial, and that made an awful lot of people terribly uncomfortable," Thompson said.
Del Colliano added: "Jackson withstood a trial, which was very ugly, and was vindicated. The idea that he could be a paedophile, having that in the news is not going to make your career any good."
A spokeswoman for Jackson did not respond to questions about how or where the singer would be celebrating his birthday.

great!!!!!

The idea that he could be a paedophile, having that in the news is not going to make your career any good."

The idea that the media created because they hate the fact that the black man that they hated the most was never a criminal to begin with? Please. They need to go and sit down with that mess. There are plenty of celebrities who were in prison or jail for things that they have done that have harm society that do not even get half of the hatred that Michael gets. Yet, they can have comebacks and no one can question anything about them. This article is a bit racist to me. Listing all of the black man's issues that are mostly created by the media and saying that he is basically over. While the white woman can "whore" herself to this media and these clowns don't say that her career is over. Whatever. Madonna hasn't mattered since her "Truth and Dare" days. BTW, Michael is a JW so they do not celebrate birthdays. I mean, why do the media clowns care anyway what the hell MJ is doing? These are the same losers that wanted to make sure he was in jail some four years ago. Now, they give a damn what he is doing regarding his birthday. Who are they fooling?

8/13/2008
The Blacklist: 100 Greatest Power Moves

Beginning Sunday, Nov. 9, TV One will premiere an original, five-hour special chronicling the unforgettable moments, cultural movements and personal achievement that have advanced the black race and helped change the course of American history over the past century in The Blacklist: 100 Greatest Power Moves.

Arsenio Hall, the groundbreaking television host who literally changed the face of late-night television, will host the special, which will air over five consecutive nights, covering 20 Power Moves each night, culminating with the top 20 -- and the #1 moment -- on Thursday, November 13.

he Blacklist will encompass Power Moves from a wide cultural and historic perspective, from unwavering civil rights leaders to Nobel Prize-winning literary giants to independent-thinking film directors to a pop star who "Beat It." The special will highlight African-American pioneers and awe-inspiring moments such as: the 1968 Olympic Medalists proudly raising their fists in the air in support of Black Power; Thurgood Marshall's induction into the Supreme Court; the birth of Motown records; Bill Cosby becoming the knowledgeable, advice-giving father figure for the American television audience; Michael Jackson's "Thriller" becoming one of the top selling albums of all time; the emergence of Rap music as a voice of the inner city; Malcolm X's stance of self-preservation "By Any Means Necessary"; the steadfast determination of the Little Rock Nine as they helped to desegregate the school system; and, of course, Barack Obama's historic bid for the Presidency.

With a unique blend of reverence, "tell it like it is" attitude and a little bit of humor, this highly entertaining series promises to give a historical perspective, as well as an inspirational walk through of the best and most celebrated moments of the African-American experience. The Power Moves will be presented with a fast-paced display of memorable imagery, the most-up-to-date graphic technology and soulful music, transporting the viewer to times and places that should never be forgotten...

http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A679A9B694DD1478!2661.entry

Last edited:
Bee, Thanks for your post. We shouldn't give these guys (crap media) any time of day. The only way to make any money or get noticed now a days is to bash MJ..Take LMP, she has someone else's twin babies and she still can't let go of MJ and move on..Her career is in the dumps with her thinking that she was Elvis re-incarnated..OMG! I was shocked to see her mother, WOW!!! Surgery/botox gone really bad.

MJ got notification of sales of "Thriller" of over 100 million by Guinness Book of World Records,yet they (crap media) still report 50 million.

MJ has been vindicated, however, why does every news story continue to refer to the money shakedown case and abuse of office or power with government employees (DA, Sheriff, etc) misleading a nation, with no reprecussions to them? What happened to the outrage and who will fight for MJ's civil rights? Well, Aphrodite started being truthful after she helped create the mess. But, I guess it is a start.

I think we as MJ fans should only get MJ news from MJJC - Rasta Pasta, keep up the great work, I for one have learned alot here. Thanks to MJJC.

I don't know about anyone but the upcoming 50th Anniversary releases, I think is gonna force MJ to push back the release of his new material. Sony wants to make money but talk about oversaturation, I mean, how many compilations of the same songs can we have in such a short time? Number Ones, Essential MJ, Visionary, The Ultimate Collection...PLEASE, let us all tell Sony, NO MORE, NADA MAS, ENOUGH ALREADY, STOP IT!!!!!

Last edited:
Bee, you nailed it.

Fu** the press, Michael you're the best!

... BTW, Michael is a JW so they do not celebrate birthdays. ...

He celebrated Christmas for the first time in his Private Home Videos with Liz Taylor. He took Paris out, just him and her on, and presumably for her birthday. He attended a birthday party thrown for him by fans one year. So for the record, by all indications, Michael has not been a JW for years.

:cheeky:

Hey, peeps a little late today but give me a few minutes and I'll pull some stuff together :yes:

Not much going on it seems...

Contrasting fortunes as Madonna and ***** turn 50

1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Pop icons Madonna and Michael Jackson turn 50 later this month, but the contrasting fortunes of the two music legends could not be more stark as they usher in their respective birthdays.

Like you guys not being able to call him by his birthname and is that so del colliar? I guess I must of been imagining the loud roar of applause he got in LA back in may at christian audigier's brithday party nearly 3 years after his trial ended?

These media mofos must have their heads stuck up their arses so far up they don't know what's coming out of them. that's all. They talk as if they know exactly where Michael's money has gone...where his life savings have been invested. Madonna may have signed up for a 100 + million dollar deal with live nation but so has jayz and shakira...it means nada.

Articles where they can't even write the mans name properly completely shows their vested interest/ agenda. It's like they need to alter Jackson even down to the spellings of the name to shame him. they can talk all they want...but people will be lining for Michael Jackson, and they hate to admit it. their problem.

The idea that the media created because they hate the fact that the black man that they hated the most was never a criminal to begin with? Please. They need to go and sit down with that mess. There are plenty of celebrities who were in prison or jail for things that they have done that have harm society that do not even get half of the hatred that Michael gets. Yet, they can have comebacks and no one can question anything about them. This article is a bit racist to me. Listing all of the black man's issues that are mostly created by the media and saying that he is basically over. While the white woman can "whore" herself to this media and these clowns don't say that her career is over. Whatever. Madonna hasn't mattered since her "Truth and Dare" days. BTW, Michael is a JW so they do not celebrate birthdays. I mean, why do the media clowns care anyway what the hell MJ is doing? These are the same losers that wanted to make sure he was in jail some four years ago. Now, they give a damn what he is doing regarding his birthday. Who are they fooling?
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thank you for the news, even if it isnt that much going on:)

Last edited:
Olympian Listens To Michael

(13-08-08) What are the Olympic athletes listening to?

In a recent interview, US Olympic weightlifter Natalie Woolfork indicated that she listed to Michael Jackson’s "Don’t Stop ‘Till You Get Enough" before competing in Beijing on August 12, 2008.

Natalie Woolfork finished 11th while North Korean Pak Hyon Suk took home the gold medal in weightlifting.

Source: KUSA-TV / 9news.com

Ok everybody wants to take credit for bringing the Jacksons to Barry Gordy.

I just watched Tommy Chong (Chich and Chong) on Red Eye on FOX claiming that he and Bobby Taylor introducted Michael and his brothers to Barry. Then when the host asked him what happened to Michael, he was nice about it and said that Michael was actually at his peak as a 12 year old kid and that he liked his life and didn't want to give it up. He liked singing, dancing and all that. So he didn't grow up from that.

People always seem to turn into psychologist when it comes to Michael.

I just watched Tommy Chong (Chich and Chong) on Red Eye on FOX claiming that he and Bobby Taylor introducted Michael and his brothers to Barry. Then when the host asked him what happened to Michael, he was nice about it and said that Michael was actually at his peak as a 12 year old kid and that he liked his life and didn't want to give it up. He liked singing, dancing and all that. So he didn't grow up from that.

Lord have mercy :doh:

Tommy Chong is right about being there at the beginning of the J-5's career, that has been well documented in the documentary Michael Jackson: The legend continues. As for his analyzing Michael that is clearly his personal opinion.

Last edited:
Tommy Chong is right about being there at the beginning of the J-5's career, that has been well documented in the documentary Michael Jackson: The legend continues. As for his analyzing Michael that is clearly his personal opinion.
Yes, I think I saw it on a documentary with the Jacksons too. He was part of the group that Bobby Taylor was in, so he is correct. But I hear that James Brown was trying to help them to get a recording with his company even before Motown.

Say's the dope head. Bobby Taylor was instrumental in bringing the J5 to Motown, but Michael sure as sh*t wasn't at his peak at 12. What an insult to what's he's accomplished on his own. And I'm so sure Tommy Chong was inside Michael's mind and knew exactly what he thought and felt. Sorry Tommy, but I think I'll take Michael's word over what was going on with him back then over yours.

Bee, that is what I say as well. On top of that, these people disrespected Michael by calling him "J***o". See it is the same old mess. A white people can be a nutcase and get respect but a black person can just be accussed and get thrown to the wolves.

Bee, that is what I say as well. On top of that, these people disrespected Michael by calling him "J***o". See it is the same old mess. A white people can be a nutcase and get respect but a black person can just be accussed and get thrown to the wolves.

True. Nothing has changed since Jack Johnson.:no:

Back