August 12 - News and Mentionings - More on Tito's legal action

mariemarie

Guests
And here we go. Seems like the forum still have some issues for members not getting logged in all the time. But the news shall be done!

Mentionings

Olympics of good cheer

For the first time at the Games, cheerleaders are part of the program at selected events.

With less than 10 minutes to go before the most anticipated Monday matchup at this Olympic venue, cheerleaders run out on to the sand court with their long, dark hair flying behind them.
Welcome to beach volleyball!
In teeny, red, transparent skirts over teeny, red bikinis -- and waving diaphanous red scarves -- they start swirling around to the sounds of vaguely Moroccan melodies.
211213-73120.jpg

Curiously, with their little skirts, the cheerleaders had more clothes on than the competitors who had already completed their warm-ups.

Welcome to women's beach volleyball and the match between the Chinese -- Wang Jie and Tian Jia -- and Belgians Liesbeth Mouha and Liesbet van Breedam. When the dance routine ends, the cheerleaders form an honour guard as the officials are introduced. They are all men in below-the-knee boarder shorts, T-shirts and hats.
At the breaks, the bouncy, bare-footed cheerleaders are back -- sans skirts -- and groovin'? along with the crowd, to old pop hits ranging from Ricky Martin to Michael Jackson and, of course, the Beach Boys.
China eventually won, but just barely.
Before the next match, a different group of cheerleaders in white bikinis trimmed in Olympic colours entertained at centre court.

Cheerleading at an Olympic event is brand new this year. Never before has any sport had official cheerleaders. And it's not just at beach volleyball.
Beijing Olympic organizers picked 428 beautiful, young, long-haired women to perform at 17 different sports including archery, race walking, pentathlon, boxing and weightlifting.

Continues http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=6936c0db-946b-4661-b8b5-b88d264f4752

David Lassen's postcard from Beijing: August
12, 2008

BEIJING — Took a brief fact-finding excursion across the street from the Media Village this morning, visiting what apparently is a small, possibly down-at-the-heels shopping center.
I couldn't quite figure out if the first floor was a single clothing store or a bunch of smaller clothing operations, but I do know that it also included a Papa John's Pizza, a KFC (reportedly the most popular restaurant chain in China) a coffeehouse that was closed, and a bunch of empty stalls in what looked like it used to be a food court.
Upstairs, was a Lotus store (above), which appears to be much like a Wal-Mart, right down to the same sort of signs showing the prices of items on sale. Familiar items were few and far between; most of them, for whatever reason, were in the sugary-junk category: Doublemint gum, Oreos, Chips Ahoy cookies, Snickers bars.
As has been the case for most things we've encountered here, prices were quite a bit lower than what we'd expect. A "special edition" CD/DVD of Norah Jones' Grammy-winning debut, "Come Away With Me," went for 46 yuan, about $6.70. (I was somewhat suspicious of the authenticity of this item, since the packaging appeared to have been designed and printed on someone's home computer).

A Michael Jackson Greatest Hits CD was even less at 20 yuan (about $2.91). A few other prices at random: A purple Spalding Lakers basketball went for 80 yuan, or $11.65, a rather high-tech looking Yonex badminton racket (one of dozens of makes and models available) went for 189 yuan, or $27.53 — and the exact model of washer-dryer that taunted me in the Media Village was the single most expensive item I saw at 6088 yuan, or $886.71.
No, I didn't buy one to bring back. I didn't buy anything, in fact.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/aug/12/Sc2FCpostcard12OLY-fc/

Another SPACtacular

As the crow flies, we're only hours away from another spectacular concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

Tonight Counting Crows will perform with Maroon 5, and up and coming singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles will open up the show.
Bareilles' major label debut, "Little Voice," and its first single, "Love Song," pulled rank more than once on the Billboard charts. Her voice is mellow and smooth. She is radio-friendly without pit-falling into absolute cheese. Lyrically, Bareilles turns a nice phrase.

Maroon 5 are a Los Angeles quintet made up of Adam Levine on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, James Valentine on lead guitar, Jesse Carmichael on keyboards, Mickey Madden on bass guitar and Matt Flynn behind the kit.
The group's 2001 debut, "Songs About Jane," is an award-winning, platinum-selling album. That disc's lead-off single, "Harder to Breathe," is in a rhythmic rock/pop battle with itself, Michael Jackson style.

In 2006, Maroon 5 released "It Won't Be Soon Before Long." Shortly after it dropped, the album broke iTunes Store sales records for selling more than 100,000 albums.

Continues http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/08/12/ae/today/13811755.txt

Hurry up 'n' wait
Tips for those at the tag agency

Procrastinators of the world, unite! If and when you can, though — there's no rush.

I've always been bad in a non-Michael Jackson kinda way about putting things off till after the last minute. My favorite excuse: "I work better under pressure." My second favorite excuse: "Oops, I thought it was due to-MORROW." And I kinda say it like Kathy Griffin making fun of Oprah when she says, "John Tra-VOLTA!" I wanted you to get the audio-visual.

Anyway, my latest exercise in off-putting concerned my car tag, which expired in June. So, as has become an annual tradition since 2003, I ran somewhat shaky and sweaty into the tag agency on July 31. And, as has also become a tradition, I make it to the lobby, then realize I forgot my checkbook and have to run back to the car, only to return more shaky and sweaty. Sigh good times, good times.

It's always an interesting experience, and this year's taggery was no exception. Guess what we're about to gab about?

For more on this topic http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/article.aspx?articleID=20080812_43_D1_CUTLIN771761

Legal row over Tito Jackson 'debt'

Tito Jackson - brother of pop superstar Michael - is being taken to court in the UK over an alleged £12,000 debt.
Legal action has been taken by martial arts schools owner and fitness trainer Matt Fiddes, from Devon, a friend of the Jackson family.
The claim, filed in Carlisle county court, is for the sum of £12,051, the balance of a loan of £20,551 he made to Mr Jackson.
Mr Jackson, older brother of Michael, repaid the sum of £8,500.The loan was made for Mr Jackson's flights from the United States to the UK, and expenses, for a visit and television programme here earlier this year.

Mr Jackson, with other family members, also visited north Devon to look at the possibility of buying a home there.
Mr Fiddes' solicitor, Nicholas Richards, from Carlisle, said the claim had been issued in the town's county court. "The presumption is it will lead to a trial unless there is a court settlement along the way," he said.
Mr Fiddes, based in Barnstaple, said over the last few years he had built a close and personal relationship with the Jackson family.

A few years ago he was instrumental in bringing Michael Jackson to Devon to take part in an event at Exeter City's home ground St James' Park, attended by thousands.
"We have looked after them before, and Tito has even been involved with elements of my martial arts business," said Mr Fiddes. "I have not filed the lawsuit proceedings for the money, it is more about the respect and principle of the matter," he added.

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jknj8HxsI8POlHmNHwnvNCrUTFfg

Entertainment in the skies just got better with Singapore Airlines

Enjoy exclusive movies reviews and musical chart toppers with the latest offerings from Singapore Airlines!
In an exciting addition to the entertainment options available on Singapore Airlines, famous film critic, Leonard Maltin, will be sharing his recommendations and reviews of top movies available on KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines’ award winning inflight entertainment system.
“Singapore Airlines is pleased to be working with Leonard Maltin to bring our customers’ travel experience to yet another level,” commented Mr Yap Kim Wah, Singapore Airlines Senior Vice-President Product and Services.

Customers will be able to select top hits like Tainted Love, Eye of the Tiger, Karma Chameleon, or choose from famous singers from the likes of Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie to Phil Collins and Celine Dion, into a customised playlist for an uninterrupted trip down memory lane.

The UK charts top hits will boost KrisWorld’s extensive and diverse selection of audio CDs music in different genres including contemporary Pop, Rock, R&B, Country, Asian, Jazz, Classical and World.

Full story http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com/article.asp?id=54939&nav=2

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2004 - Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson filed a motion that requested to publicize the findings of the investigation into allegations that Michael Jackson had been "manhandled" after being arrested for investigation of child molestation. The request was rejected.

Last edited:
Re: August 12 - News and Mentionings- More on Tito's legal action

Thanks!!!!!!! :flowers:

Well, I guss elusive was right about Fiddes. Sheesh, these people make me ill.

"I have not filed the lawsuit proceedings for the money, it is more about the respect and principle of the matter," he added

Please. You just do not sue someone for the respect and principle. That is nonsense. This Fiddles dude thinks that people are stupid. That they are not going to see what is really going on.

Its obvious that fiddes wanted to just use their name.

But never lend a jackson money

Never lend a Jackson money?

How about saying the the Jacksons, "never work with a crook"? I think that would be better.

bee i think he means he wants them to know he did it out of friendship and him not being paid back is a lack of respect towards their agreement.

never lend friends or family money. it's always an ugly thing. ALWAYS

lol..never say never.. ..or always..

a cousin lent me three hundred dollars and i paid him every cent back.

in fact..he gave it to me, not expecting anything back.

he was so shocked..he thanked me...by giving me a religious tract to join his religion..but that's neither here nor there..

Last edited:
ARTICLE PAPER 2 icons turning 50 the difference betweent them

Contrasting fortunes as Madonna, Jackson turn 50

Agence France-Presse
First Posted 10:11:00 08/13/2008

• LOS ANGELES -- Pop icons Madonna and Michael Jackson turn 50 later this month, but the contrasting fortunes of the two music legends could not be starker as they usher in their respective birthdays.
Madonna, who celebrates her birthday on August 16, will bring up the half century with her career in rude health, less than one year into a groundbreaking 120-million-dollar, 10-year deal, and with a recent No.1 album.
But "King of Pop" Jackson, who is 50 on August 29, will mark his birthday still struggling to rebuild his career following a 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges, and with his finances the subject of intense speculation.
In the 1980s, the duo ruled the music world, with Jackson riding high thanks to the phenomenal success of his seminal 1983 "Thriller," which with more than 50 million copies sold remains the best-selling album of all-time.
Madonna enjoyed similar success, exploding on to the scene with 1983's "Madonna," and following it up with the multi-platinum "Like a Virgin" a year later, which has sold 21 million copies worldwide.
Yet while Madonna consolidated her success in the 25 years since her debut, Jackson's star has waned, an outcome that few would have predicted in 1983.
"It's interesting, you know, they're both the same age, they're both monster superstars, cultural myths almost, from the 1980s into the 1990s, but in so many ways they're hard to compare," said Robert Thompson, professor of television at the University of Syracuse.
"One could argue that as a musician, a dancer and an entertainer, Michael Jackson has it all over Madonna by a factor of 10," Thompson said.
"He's the guy who's up there with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, one of the top musical performers in our cultural history," said Thompson.
Yet Madonna, Thompson said, has prospered from her extraordinary ability to reinvent herself, a skill that allows her to remain relevant despite the march of time and changing music tastes.
According to Geoff Mayfield, chart director of Billboard, Madonna achieved solid success with her latest album "Hard Candy," which topped the charts earlier this year.
"It didn't sell as well as her music did a few years ago, but it was a number one album, and if anyone has ever proven that she's able of reinventing herself, that's Madonna," Mayfield said.
Jerry Del Colliano, a professor and music industry expert at the University of Southern California, also cited Madonna's chameleon-like ability to adapt.
"Madonna has managed to stay creative, and to stay relevant. I think she still is in the popular music scene," Del Colliano told Agence France-Presse. "I don't know what she'll be like at 60, but Mick Jagger is there and he's rocking and rolling.
"There's no shrewder businesswoman. She could probably run a music studio," he said.
Analysts were less optimistic about Jackson's ability to pull his career out of its prolonged nosedive of the last decade.
According to Thompson, Jackson's problems can be traced back to the astounding success of "Thriller" and the fame it earned him.
"He got to the point that he was so rich, so powerful and so famous, that he was allowed to kind of withdraw from any kind of reality," Thompson opined.
"Michael Jackson is the example of someone who was truly spoiled -- and by spoiled I mean ruined -- by the level of fame that he achieved.
"He accidentally turned himself into a parody of himself, and then it's kind of hard to re-emerge as a serious performer," Thompson said.
Both Thompson and Del Colliano expressed doubt that a Jackson comeback was feasible, saying the stigma of sex abuse allegations would continue to haunt the singer despite his acquittal.
"I don't think it's impossible, I think he's still got talent
(INQUIRY.NET)

Last edited:
Re: ARTICLE PAPER 2 icons turning 50 the difference betweent them

I hate this article

<<<<<<Both Thompson and Del Colliano expressed doubt that a Jackson comeback was feasible, saying the stigma of sex abuse allegations would continue to haunt the singer despite his acquittal.
"I don't think it's impossible, I think he's still got talent>>>>>>> I WISH THESE FOLKS WOULD STOP SAYING THIS. Many of these people are just stuck on Michael selling like Thriller. That may NEVER happen regardless false claims, rumors, etc that has been said about Michael. I do not see where Madonna revents herself. There is nothing new about Madonna only that she changes her hair color and clothes. To me, MIchael cd still outsells her cds. Even Thriller 25 did great. If that cd can do go, image a brand new cd with new songs. These people need to get over this mess.

exactly ... :yes: those people are so .... they cant expect from him to sell the same amounts of albums he did 25 years ago.. its impossible not only for him for everyone cuz we live in the 21st century . .. downloads, internet. .. etc...and madonna was never a huge record seller anyway... as long as she sells her 12 13 million .. everything is great for her.. but if michael happens to sell these amounts than it flops yeah.....
SO true and as for those abuse claims, I do not think it matters to people who love his music. It was clearing a set up. Look here, if R Kelly can still sell big numbers and not miss beat (and he looked as guilty as sin); Michael surely can do even better (MIchael's case was clearly a set up and was innocent). Again, these people are speaking from their own thoughts. I am going by the sells of Thriller 25, the request that are often done, the many artists who are bitting off of Michael and being success, etc. Clearly Michael still matters.

i hate this sueing pple simply cause there rich i wonder whats the catch bet fiddes has lot more clients i his martial art studio now

Last edited:
That's why I don't listen to these critics. This is Michael's 50th birthday and all this reporter can do is compare him to Madonna? He should be celebrating the fact that the man is 50 and still got game. Comparing him to Madonna is ridiculous.

I have no doubt in my mind that Michael's new album is gonna sell at least 5 mil copies in the US and at least 10 mil worldwide. And that, to me, would be a major success.

These people are always talking about how Michael aint got it no more, but ask Sony if they want to let him go to another label. I betcha the answer is no. Sony knows the deal.

Both Thompson and Del Colliano expressed doubt that a Jackson comeback was feasible, saying the stigma of sex abuse allegations would continue to haunt the singer despite his acquittal.
"I don't think it's impossible, I think he's still got talent

Clearly, Michael isn't the one who is dillusional here.

What they "mysteriously" fail to mention is that Michael's last album blew Madonna's last several out of the water in terms of sales and matched her "COADF" album, so what the f ever.

Last edited:
I don't understand these people's logic. First they say that Michael can't possibly make a successful comeback with all the rumors, bogus cases and general hateration crap. But then they say it isn't impossible because he is a great talent. Why don't they just stop trying to play both sides of the field? It makes them look stupid.

Last edited:
bee i think he means he wants them to know he did it out of friendship and him not being paid back is a lack of respect towards their agreement.

Ok..... I see. Well, usually when family members want money from me, I always tell them that I want them to pay me back. I do not sue them. When a friend wants to borrow money from me, I want them to pay me back. I do not sue them. I see your point here but I am not buying it. No offense. Also, the Jacksons should not be getting themsleves into this mess. Matt Fiddles is another one of these so called "friends" that hangs out with the Jacksons and once they decide that maybe they do not want to hang out with them anymore, the person starts to feel some type of way. I have no idea if Tito owes that Fiddles clown any money but this is not the way to do it.

He's the guy who's up there with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, one of the top musical performers in our cultural history," said Thompson

Michael was never a fan of Elvis. Michael grew up listening to James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Sammy Davis Jr. Pure great musical and entertaining acts. Michael watched Stevie Wonder create one of the best albums in music history, which the title leaves my mind. Michael watched Gamble and Huff sat down and write and compose great songs for the Philadelphia International Records company. These are the people MJ was influenced by. Not some Elvis. This "professor" obviously doesn't not know what the hell he is sprewing.

According to Geoff Mayfield, chart director of Billboard, Madonna achieved solid success with her latest album "Hard Candy," which topped the charts earlier this year

Solid? Please. Yeah, it debutted at number one but the only reason why her "4 Minutes" song was even a hit because of JT. You barely heard Madonna in the song. I still do not hear her in the song. LOL.

According to Thompson, Jackson's problems can be traced back to the astounding success of "Thriller" and the fame it earned him.
"He got to the point that he was so rich, so powerful and so famous, that he was allowed to kind of withdraw from any kind of reality," Thompson opined.
"Michael Jackson is the example of someone who was truly spoiled -- and by spoiled I mean ruined -- by the level of fame that he achieved.
"He accidentally turned himself into a parody of himself, and then it's kind of hard to re-emerge as a serious performer," Thompson said.

What does this mean really? Michael doesn't do comebacks. Madonna does. If someone is trying to reinvent herself all of the time, that is a person that is desperate to remain popular. I am not trying to downplay Madge, she is a legend, a pr and marketing legend. I am trying to pinpoint why these so called "experts" are so wrong in all levels. After Thriller, Michael was so rich that he did not even need to do any more CDs for the purpose of making money. Most of the money that Michael makes these days have nothing to do with touring or selling CDs. It has to do with the fact that he made a very smart business deal and treasure known as the Beatles Catalouge. It is funny that these losers did not explained that key point about the great businessman that is Michael. Madge is a marketing genius. She knows how to "whore" (no offense, I do not think that she is a whore.) herself in the media spotlight. That is someone that is truly spoiled by the success. Not Michael. Michael doesn't act, that I know of, like he is this "spoiled" person. Unlike Madonna, Michael doesn't care if he doesn't get what he wants. Michael focuses on his work. I doubt that the child abuse mess that he went through will hurt his chances in returning. Michael is not a criminal so I do not even know what his legal mess had to do with his music. If he can still sing and entertain people that is all that matters. I do not even see how his legal troubles relate to whether or not he can sing. I mean, you can sing when you are sad or going through some mess. You can sing when you are happy and everything is fine. Maybe these "professors" meant that MJ doesn't have the faith to entertain people anymore. I mean, it still isn't logical. I mean, Madge ain't even hot anymore. I haven't like any of her songs in 10 years. I do not know anyone personally, but my sister, that liked any of her songs in a 15 year span.

Madge had a recent PR mess regarding the baseball player A-Rod and his soon to be ex-wife. Sadly, those kinds of things will never ruin her career. I do not see these so called "experts" even mentioning that. There are just listing the "faults" of MJ to explain their "reasons" why MJ will have a hard time to return. What is their motive and who are they fooling that they are listing his "faults" and he happens to be black and not even mentioning Madge's faults and she happens to be white? Someone has to go there. No offense, but these fools are so wrong. Michael has a fanbase that is out of this world. He still is essential in the music business, he still gets talked about. I do not see that happening to Madge. If Madge was so important these days, how come no one is really talking about her upcoming tour like that? All I know is, when MJ does return, these idiot critics wouldn't pop up and say anything because their comments about Michael would be proven bull.

Last edited:
yes but have u ever loaned thousands of dollars? i don't think he's rich enough to let it slide and if he was tobe paid back and he hasn't, he only has three yrs to get the money legally so if he waits and then tito doesn't pay,he's s.outta luck

Back