Attention Members: News Threads

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Hello everyone,
I need to refresh some minds about the news threads about what to post and not post.
I have been seeing alot of people provide the news thread as a dumping ground for tabloid news articles and I would like to give out a few pointers about this. Before I start I would like to say that if your article is moved or deleted please don't get upset as that is our job (mods and news team) to make sure things run smoothly here in the forum. We want to provide you with the most up to date information and the most reliable information. If we see tabloid and reliable articles mixed in that can get members upset and confused as to what is real and not real.

Here are some pointers as to what to post in the news threads:

1. If the article says theSUN, the Mirror,News of The World, sources close to the family or friends of the family, National Enquier then that right there should let you know it a tabloid. If you see that then please don't post it in the news threads. You may post it here in the Tabloid Talk section, which is here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75 Tabloid Talk is where you may post tabloid ish at. Remember to always follow the rules though (i.e. no health talk, invassive talk of MJ's private life, appearance).

2.This also applies to news articles posted outside of the news thread. There should only be reliable sources (i.e. AP, REUTERS, ABC,NBC,CNN,ETC.) posted. If there is a news article that stands out such as Akon defending Michael or Sony ATV being $30 billion dollars then you may post a seperate thread. Remember the rules.

3. Always read the thread to make sure the news article hasn't been posted in Tabloid Talk because it will be moved.

4. Read the news article not only once but twice to make sure it is not inappropriate or is against the rules.

5, If you are unsure as to what to post as we are always here for you weather it's the mods, admin or the news team. Don't heistate to ask as we are here to help you.

If you follow these simple pointers your posting will be easier and you will enjoy your time here. Thank you for your time.

Also, unless it's SIGNIFICANT NEW NEWS about Michael Jackson, please use the news and mentionings thread to post the article.

Back