Assigned Parking Spots, Help!!

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
Anybody ever have trouble with people taking your assigned parking spot? If so what have you done about it?

I live in a apartment, fairly small only 4 units. We each get our own spot and the number of the apartment is clearly marked on the spots!! I usually get home from work after 11pm. Right now 3 apartments are occupied, so really I should have no trouble. But I got home and ALL 4 parking spots were taken! I was really upset because this meant parking on the street in front of someones house I really do not know. I know exactly who the cars belong to and whos "guests" they are. But problem is they are all men. I am a female (THE Only female in the apartment complex) and not only that its Midnight and even though their lights are still all on. I feel uncomfortable knocking on their doors.

I'm trying to wait patently and checking every 20 minutes to see if their "guest" has left..:bugeyed I don't want to get in trouble by this lady or get towed because I'm in front of this ladies home..

Well, you should notify the landlord.

About parking in front of a womans house, if it's a public street, you can park there without being towed.

But you really should call the landlord, or maybe leave a nice note to the other residents about it.

Calling the landlord is your best option. I understand what you mean about feeling uncomfortable.

In my last year of college I had a parking spot at my townhouse and one rainy night one of my roommate's friends was over and took it. I had to park in the guest circle on the other end of the lot and walk through the rain. The girl who parked there was all "Oh, I'm sorry, did I take your spot? I'll move it!" and then proceeded to stay there another couple of hours.

I thought for sure today I wouldn't have a spot. There is a mysterious truck parked out there, I think while we have a empty apartment the people across the street are using it for "free parking" . Next week Disney is coming to town to do something, so they are expecting a HUGE Crowd I'm thinking wont have anywhere to park then either , since they move in as soon as I leave work in the afternoon

I dont wanna be a bitch and I'm really nervous about what the neighbors will do if I go and tell on them for stealing spots, but I think I will be calling my landlord and complaining if it happens again..

Back