Article that show michael is recession proof

music65

Proud Member
"Michael Jackson is Recession-proof"
"Michael Jackson is Recession-proof" Author Message Ever since news broke that Michael Jackson had sold out an unprecedented 50 dates in a single city, in a matter of hours, his name has appeared in a variety of articles describing the current economic crisis and perceived recession near and far. Reports have suggested that these concerts could net the local London economy up to $500 million due to the sheer magnitude of interest and tourists expected for the events. European editorial cartoons have also been published to reflect on the positive economic impact Michael Jackson's concerts could have. It was noted that more than 1.5 million people from over 220 countries and territories registered for a chance to purchase tickets before they went on public sale.

Read full story from mjjr.net
http://www.topix.net/who/michael-jackson/2009/03/michael-jackson-is-recession-proof

Thought this was interesting about what they had to say about Michael, when you think of it, was really amazing that he sold so many tickets in times like these.

What Michael was able to do is just incredible. I bet every country is wishing he had chosen them for his shows. I read an article that stated the recession won't effect London for the next year due to the concerts. That's our boy for you.

"Perhaps, they believe more in Jackson and in his entertaining power than their belief in their economy and its stability."

Damn straight!

...............Amazing article and 10000% true!:clapping::punk::D
GO Michael!!!:clapping::D:wild::punk:

yes.i can understand the hesitancy to discuss about this..but this is an big surprise article. i didn't expect anyone would have the guts to write it. and it answers a bigger general question. is a recession a general reality, or a percieved notion. Michael is not the only one doing well in these times. and..when times are perceived as good..there are peeps on the streets. and face it...there are things people will spend money on, no matter what. some are worth mentioning..and some would be considered unmentionable, by some. Michael is worth mentioning.

congratulations to the person who wrote this fabulous true article(with the exception of putting King of Pop in quotation marks)..a light in the media world. and thanks for posting!:yes:

Last edited:
yes.i can understand the hesitancy to discuss about this..but this is an big surprise article. i didn't expect anyone would have the guts to write it. and it answers a bigger general question. is a recession a general reality, or a percieved notion. Michael is not the only one doing well in these times. and..when times are perceived as good..there are peeps on the streets. and face it...there are things people will spend money on, no matter what. some are worth mentioning..and some would be considered unmentionable, by some. Michael is worth mentioning.

congratulations to the person who wrote this fabulous true article(with the exception of putting King of Pop in quotation marks)..a light in the media world. and thanks for posting!:yes:
nicely put, I must say i was pleasantly surprise when i saw this article.

Nice find, and a very nice read!

Thanks 4 sharing!

Back