Arsenal fan hangs himself after defeat

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
6 May 2009
Arsenal fan hangs himself after Manchester United defeat

An Arsenal fan in soccer-mad Kenya hanged himself wearing his beloved team's shirt after their defeat to Manchester United in the Champions League.

Like elsewhere across Africa, Kenyans pack bars for English Premier League and Champions League matches, especially those involving Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Suleiman Omondi, 29, was found hanged at his home in a middle-class Nairobi estate shortly after leaving distraught from the pub where he had watched Arsenal lose 3-1 in their Champions League semi-final at the Emirates on Tuesday.

"He took some drinks and broke down in tears within the final minutes of the match," a fellow bar patron, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.

Police said they were called to Omondi's house on Wednesday morning. "What we are gathering is this suicide is related to the Arsenal and Manchester match," local Embakasi area police chief David Bunei told reporters.

Bar attendants said they had to intervene after Omondi lunged at a man who suggested Arsenal would not recover from conceding two early goals. They also lost the first leg 1-0.

Brawls are common in Kenya during football matches and there have been other related suicides reported in the past.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...f-after-manchester-united-defeat-1680088.html

Last edited:
This story should be forward to Adebayor......................

There had to have been other things going on in his life. .. sad.

Some people get far too obbsessed with football...and celebs!!

This story should be forward to Adebayor......................

Harsh, to pile it all on one mans shoulders when the team is a joke. Wenger doesnt have a clue about what hes doing, trying to build a team of youngsters. Adebayor leaves, you have Bendtner, hes a joke. And as Wenger thinks the transfer funds come out of his wages, it aint lookin good for Arsenal or the fans.
Adebayor is a quality striker, seems like hes just lost his passion to play for his team.

Harsh.
To pile it all on one mans shoulders when the team is a joke. Wenger doesnt have a clue about what hes doing, trying to build a team of youngsters. Adebayor leaves, you have Bendtner, hes a joke. And as Wenger thinks the transfer funds come out of his wages, it aint lookin good for Arsenal or the fans.
Adebayor is a quality striker, seems like hes just lost his passion to play for his team.

He is on 100k a week, I am sure this story would not cause him to loose any sleep. Though it may make him pull his finger out his backside and work for it.

Sell Bendtner and Silvestre and probably a bunch of others. Ade I will allow coz hes been inured most of the season and the fact that last season was amazing for him, BUT all that money a week needs to show some results. Buy some fucking defenders and another striker. Im sure we can cope with Ade, Eduardo, VP, Walcott (a winger but still) and Arshavin, who may I add has lit up all our premier league games. I know we had a tough break last season, but its time to get over it.

I can't imagine Arsenal without Wenger, his name is ARSENE for goodness sake, he just needs to bring in some players, you cant lose Flamini and Hleb and not bring anyone in. If the youth can't win the Carling cup then what chance do they have winning anything else?

*end rant*

That's just sad... :no:

If that game has these kind of concequences, I don't even want to imagine what is going to happen after the insanity from last nights game between Chelsea and Barcelona :doh:

There had to have been other things going on in his life. .. sad.

Exactly what I was saying about this yesterday, It's sad.. some people do take sports way too far and make it their life.. that alone is sad. Oh well... I never will understand it. :scratch: My sympathy goes out to the ones he has left behind after his selfish act.:(

Last edited:
i dont think its got anything to do with being selfish or taking sports too seriously. the man had clearly very serious issues. he was obviously mentally ill yet nobody took notice of it and cared enough to help him seek professional help. it seems like this is the reason he committed suicide but it really isnt. a mentally healthy individual who is obsessed with his team or whatever doesnt react that way.

Sell Bendtner and Silvestre and probably a bunch of others. Ade I will allow coz hes been inured most of the season and the fact that last season was amazing for him, BUT all that money a week needs to show some results. Buy some fucking defenders and another striker. Im sure we can cope with Ade, Eduardo, VP, Walcott (a winger but still) and Arshavin, who may I add has lit up all our premier league games. I know we had a tough break last season, but its time to get over it.

I can't imagine Arsenal without Wenger, his name is ARSENE for goodness sake, he just needs to bring in some players, you cant lose Flamini and Hleb and not bring anyone in. If the youth can't win the Carling cup then what chance do they have winning anything else?

*end rant*

Yes we should keep Adebayor, after all he is working so hard for his pay. At Old Trafford he was a disgrace, what was he thinking? If I do sweet FA Vidic and the druggie will forget I am on the pitch I can sneak in.....what is even worse he did EVEN less in the 2nd leg, he can piss off. As for insane claim he has been injured most of the season he has 29 starts and 6 sub appearence's, dont use injury as an excuse for him being a waste of space.

As for the idea of selling Bendtner, give me a break the guy at least show's he care's and works for the team he has played less minutes on the pitch than Ade and has scored 2 less goals. Do you also forget the time he has spent playing a right midfielder because we had nobody else? Adebayor would not do that. Adebayor thinks he is bloody Thierry Henry standing on the wings scratching his backside doing nothing when he should be in the middle, his first touch is awful and let's not even start on the skill/finishing difference. Should we also mention how much he loves to mention his little affair with Milan, I tell you what Adebayor if you love them so much piss off over there.

Last edited:
i dont think its got anything to do with being selfish or taking sports too seriously. the man had clearly very serious issues. he was obviously mentally ill yet nobody took notice of it and cared enough to help him seek professional help. it seems like this is the reason he committed suicide but it really isnt. a mentally healthy individual who is obsessed with his team or whatever doesnt react that way.

I don't think that he 'obviously' has mental issues, by the sounds of it he had been drinking and made a stupid, rash decision. You don't have to be insane to do something like that. But RIP poor guy.. silly man :no:

Yes we should keep Adebayor, after all he is working so hard for his pay. At Old Trafford he was a disgrace, what was he thinking? If I do sweet FA Vidic and the druggie will forget I am on the pitch I can sneak in.....what is even worse he did EVEN less in the 2nd leg, he can piss off. As for insane claim he has been injured most of the season he has 29 starts and 6 sub appearence's, dont use injury as an excuse for him being a waste of space.

As for the idea of selling Bendtner, give me a break the guy at least show's he care's and works for the team he has played less minutes on the pitch than Ade and has scored 2 less goals. Do you also forget the time he has spent playing a right midfielder because we had nobody else? Adebayor would not do that. Adebayor thinks he is bloody Thierry Henry standing on the wings scratching his backside doing nothing when he should be in the middle, his first touch is awful and let's not even start on the skill/finishing difference. Should we also mention how much he loves to mention his little affair with Milan, I tell you what Adebayor if you love them so much piss off over there.
LMAO. No way. Bendtner thinks he's God's gift, at least Ade had something to back up his big head, even though his head has got waaaay too big. Bendter just can't score lol. After this season, I don't care if the players love the team so much, if they're not meeting their potential they need to go. That includes both Ade and Bendtner. I'm happy to leave them both on the bench and stick with Eduardo, Asharvin and Van Persie.

LMAO. No way. Bendtner thinks he's God's gift, at least Ade had something to back up his big head, even though his head has got waaaay too big. Bendter just can't score lol. After this season, I don't care if the players love the team so much, if they're not meeting their potential they need to go. That includes both Ade and Bendtner. I'm happy to leave them both on the bench and stick with Eduardo, Asharvin and Van Persie.

Bendtner who has 14 goals, 8 in the league 2 champions league, 2 fa cup and 2 carling cup which is pretty good for somone with the amount of time he has had on the pitch. You say stick with Eduardo but he has not proven he can get anywhere near match fit on a regular basis since coming back, don't even start me on Van Persie, since arriving in 2005 he has struggled to play half a season (until this season) but now he seem's to be back to his favorite position the treatment room.

The whole argument on the attack is pointless though because we are a team of midget's with no physical presence. What was it Wenger used to say "to win this league the spine of your side has to be strong, powerful players" where are they? oh I forgot they are not there. In short in the summer sell Adebayor buy 1 forward, 1 powerful strong physical centre back and midfielder. Hopfully we can get away with faulty manuel in goal for 1 more year.

Bendtners goals say nothing of the opportunities he has missed, and he has missed some belters, lol. Well, I think one main problem is everyone is a bit of a pussy. Theres not really any hard men in the team anymore, no Veiras or Keowns, and I don't mean just getting into fights, lol. I mean people who aren't just going to fall to the floor when someone touches them. I really only see that in Toure in the back line. I think its a shame, because we use to have the strongest defence in the league and since Sol Campbell left we've never really been strong at the back.

Back