are you serious 106& park

billyworld99

Proud Member
the other day 106& park was having their topic of the day and the topic was who's going to be the Next Michael Jackson: Usher, Chris Brown, or Neyo , I mean its not fair for them b/c the public isn't really acknowleging them for their own music and talent but because they remind them of another artist, I know they been heavily influenced by mj but 20 to 30 years from is that how they going to be remembered as artists who can imitate Mj well and plus there's only one Mj not four usher is usher, chris brown is chris brown and neyo is neyo

we all know they can have as many polls as they want but NO ONE will EVER come close to Michael Jackson Status. EVER. There is only one King of Pop and that is and will forever be Michael Jackson

i actually find it more annoying to read again and again people seriously complaining about this "next MJ" kind of stuff. take it as the compliment to Michael that its meant as. (at least now that hes gone :/ )

I have to agree with Triumph on this one. Everyone including BET is so worried about finding the next MJ it's making me kinda worried about these people and there shows. I cannot stand the fact that he is gone and I accept that he has passed away but to try and replace him is NEVER going to happen and I wish these people would get off of there soap box and worry about building up the artist and play there great music and not worry about cloning another Michael.
There so hung up on this that they cannot let him go.

In closing, Michael was an artist that once comes ONCE, They cannot let go of that fact.

Well, Usher's, Ne-Yo's, CB's...of the industry, they know they don't deserve the title, so, like they say, it's a great honor. It's not unfair to them to be talked about like that, AT ALL. If they ever feel it's not fair, then they should live with it. They will have their place in history, but MJ will forever have his place in history larger than all of theirs combined. At the same time, thanks to that, they have their own career. They're forever indebted to him for opening a whole lotta doors to many black artists that came after him.
i actually find it more annoying to read again and again people seriously complaining about this "next MJ" kind of stuff. take it as the compliment to Michael that its meant as. (at least now that hes gone :/ )
The way some of us react, it's becuz the term "the next MJ" gets thrown around too damn much and worse, when it's used in the media, it's usually for hyping up somebody or something by using MJ's achievement while they keep on ridiculing him. That two-facedness is what drives many of us up the wall.

Back