Are these the origional Smooth Criminal towers?

JohnC

Proud Member
sm.jpg

Are there original SC towers? :lol:

Just I think we're a little confused by what you're asking.

If you're asking if those are the original towers from the set of the original Smooth Criminal short film, then the answer is no.

The Dome Project Smooth Criminal piece was done almost entirely on a green screen set.

I mean was that the origional backdrop use for This Is It. Apparently the ones use in the film werent completed until after MJs passing. These are the ones featured in the origional add.

There's a scene during the movie that explains the sequence.

However, it's fan speculation that maybe the backdrop sequence wasn't finished until after the 25th. I tend to believe so as well, if you look at the part where they're up on the lift and the video is intertwined that Michael is moving very firm and precise, while the "Michael" in the backdrop is moving very loosely.

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. Watch the entire sequence and it's a bit fishy that the only "full-out" dancing is in the silhouette sequence. Looks to me that it could either be Travis or the guy who stood in for Michael with the "Dirty Diana" sequence.

Interesting, I thought it was a smooth (no pun intended) transition between the original shots and the silhouette ones, but will have a look at my BD again...

It quite possibly could be. I only took notice after someone mentioned it to me. It could just be that some parts of the silhouette sequence were shot on different days. During the "Dance Machine" featurette on the the Best Buy Blu-Ray, Michael is going very energetic and full-out during a lot of the clips.

yeah... just watched the SC part again, I noticed what you meant... but it still seems like Michael. Let's hops so ;).

See in the Smooth Criminal sequence, near the start, Michael is in full costume with background dancers on a highboard stage with a bright white background? Thats recording his shadown outline for this sequence, he's dancing full-pace all-out there, I'm pretty sure that it's him from that...

of course it should be that, we're just wondering if it's really him in the silhouette shots then.

Back