Are some artists using MJ to sell albums?

StacyJ

Proud Member
http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-h...boost-talentless-album-sales#comment-13070196

Michael Jackson memories: Pop stars using MJ to boost talentless album sales

Michael Jackson's name over the past week has been thrown around like a shield of glory by entertainers. First, it was Justin Bieber who brought up MJ's memory at the American Music Awards. Saying that the King of Pop made music was it is today, we couldn't have agreed more.

Today Beyonce is claiming Michael Jackson is the big part of inspiration of her latest album. While she isn't a young pop star anymore it begs to ask the question, is Michael Jackson't memory being used in vain solely to sell albums?

It is so disappointing this legend is being used for the purpose of making cash. Beyonce is the latest entertainer who ...........

All artists who name-drops MJ? No. There ARE some artists who seem to be genuine fans.
Some artists? Of course, yes. They're probably the ones who are nice to MJ only in front of the camera. Once the camera goes off, you'll never know what kind of horrible things they say about him. That's why I don't go instantly, like, "Ohohoh, _______ is a big fan!" I mean, how the hell I know? With some people, you could never tell.

It's embarassingly obvious. No doubt their handlers are pushing them to do so.

well folks like Beyonce are genuine I believe because she was giving MJ huge respect when he was living and when he was going through his trials and tribulations. She has never once wavered on her love for Mike. But there are some others who I am very skeptical about when they decide to show their supposed MJ 'love' when he's gone

I believe some of them are genuine fans, but I often wonder where these famous fans were, 5 years ago, when Michael needed public support... Of course it doesn't apply to Justin, but I dont remember so many of the others claiming their love and admiration when it wasnt so trendy to be an MJ fan.
Maybe I'm too cynical.

Well lately it seems like a common thing to do. Even Justin and Will I Am are wearing armbands on their jackets or shirts like Michael did. Beyonce is someone I remember supportive of Michael. Others not so much. I like to believe some are sincere but it's hard to know for sure. But just because they say they love and are inspired by Michael doesn't mean I will buy their album. I don't make decisions like that.

"Michael Jackson honored Jackie Wilson at the 1984 Grammy Awards. Jackson dedicated his Album of the Year Grammy for Thriller to Wilson, saying, "In the entertainment business, there are leaders and there are followers. And I just want to say that I think Jackie Wilson was a wonderful entertainer...I love you and thank you so much."[25]

Until Jackson's comments, Wilson's recording legacy had been dormant for almost a decade. Tarnopol owned Wilson's recordings due to Brunswick's separation from MCA, but the label had essentially closed down, essentially deleting Wilson's considerable recorded legacy. But when Jackson praised Wilson at the Grammys, interest in the legendary singer stirred, and Tarnopol released the first Wilson album (a two-record compilation) in almost nine years through Epic Records, Jackson's label at the time. Through Tarnopol's son, Wilson's music has become more available."

i thinks its all about keeping an artist that you admire legacy alive i mean when mj mention jackie wilson at the wilson he didn't to to help his image or for PR jackie was a great influence to him and he acknowlege him plus Mj became the biggest superstar on the planet so obiviously it wasn't for publicity and when mj first came out with his brother he did a lot of james brown's moves i don't think james's fans were angry b/c this young kid look up to the god father of soul and had a positve impact on his life i think its the same with justin, he justin reminded people that mj was the who redefines the pop industry that is dominant music genre today and supporting the legacy and besides 98% of justin 's fans base are young girls and teens who have crushes on him and will buy anything with his face on it soon as he came out b/c he's the teen idol of the moment
here's a video of him dancing to mj before he got signed to a record deals

I don't think Mj's depending on celebrites support i mean everybody's human the only differnce they're on tv and makes more money than your average lol but you have to remember there was fans who save their earnings and flew from different countries to Santa Monica to supportes mj during his hard times camped outside with their sign that says innocent, chanted the word innocent, there were crowds of fans everyday outside the court house having his back so i mean Mj did got support even if they weren't celebrites

Although I think some are truly honoring him, I think others recognize that Michael has a large fan base and they can attract them by being nice to Michael. It seems to me that a good manager would encourage the artist to mention Michael so they can get more fans, and therefore, more money. Others will do it because they think it is the in thing to do.

Back