Are Michael's vocal's on Janet's 'Runaway'?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
I can hear on Janet's 'Runaway' what sounds like Michael. Now this is a bit hard to describe.

On Michael's 'Remember The Time' when Michael is adlibbing, he sings an adlib where he rolls his tongue. (3:29)
"What about, what about.....dillllllup dup dup, dup, dilllllup up a dup-a-dup."
[youtube]lFy8PL1aJik[/youtube]

This adlib isnt what I believe is used in 'Runaway' but it's how Michael rolled his tongue to make that sound. (dllllll dllllll) Now on 'Runaway' as part of the instrumentation, is what sounds to me like Michael doing that tongue roll. It starts at (0:24.5) and is on every 4 1/2 beats.
(dllllll dllllll)
[youtube]-BTjbjU6FXA[/youtube]

'Runaway' was Janet's first single after working with Michael with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on 'Scream'.

It's offtopic, sorry, but I really had to laugh so hard when I read your explanation of the sound, dillupp dup dup. :rofl: I can't make that sound and I tried to explain it once to someone, and well it sounded a bit like how you wrote it down :p

yeah i hear it too.we are both crazy or the sound is really there hehe :D

I totally hear it! Never noticed it before, though. Wouldn't surprise me if Michael stepped into the studio just to add that little treasure to his sister's song! :)

I totally hear it! Never noticed it before, though. Wouldn't surprise me if Michael stepped into the studio just to add that little treasure to his sister's song! :)

It's more likely to be a vocal outtake from the HIStory sessions when MJ worked with Jam & Lewis.

I've always thought it was like this: Rrrrrrrrrrup tup , tup , tup.... Rrrrrrrrrup a-tup-eh-tup .. :lol:

I can hear on Janet's 'Runaway' what sounds like Michael. Now this is a bit hard to describe.

On Michael's 'Remember The Time' when Michael is adlibbing, he sings an adlib where he rolls his tongue. (3:29)
"What about, what about.....dillllllup dup dup, dup, dilllllup up a dup-a-dup

between that description and your siggy ..it was EXACTLY what I needed today! Not your intention but THANK YOU for making me :lmao::hysterical:

I totally hear it! Never noticed it before, though.
LOL, now I wonder if it is Michael ... and that little subconsciously heard sound is part of why I always loved that song so much :cheeky: Somewhere deep down inside, my brain just wanted to hear Michael :lol:

I've always thought it was like this: Rrrrrrrrrrup tup , tup , tup.... Rrrrrrrrrup a-tup-eh-tup .. :lol:
And see I've always written it as "Brrrrrrrrrrrup-dup-dup.... Brrrrrup-a-dup-adup!" (That's my text message alert on my cell phone, btw, lolololol... seriously. And my computer hollers that at me when I shut it off. I took that little clip from the a capella. :punk:)

Heehee :rofl:
I've always loved that part :punk:

That's my text message alert on my cell phone, btw, lolololol... seriously. And my computer hollers that at me when I shut it off.

:clapping:
that'd make me shut down my computer more often :giggle:

I took that little clip from the a capella. :punk:

:wild: oh, pwease do send :pray:

It's offtopic, sorry, but I really had to laugh so hard when I read your explanation of the sound, dillupp dup dup. :rofl: I can't make that sound and I tried to explain it once to someone, and well it sounded a bit like how you wrote it down :p

HAHA :hysterical: that just gave me the laugh of the day..

I hear the dilup dup dup :)lmao:) sound but I dont think its Michael.

Michael is rolling his tongue which makes the 'lllllllllllllllllll' sounds. He's isnt make R sounds with his tongue. So it's 'dllll, dlllllllllll'

Sort of like how the Spanish use a lot of L sounds that roll off their tongue.

Michael is rolling his tongue which makes the 'lllllllllllllllllll' sounds. He's isnt make R sounds with his tongue. So it's 'dllll, dlllllllllll'

Sort of like how the Spanish use a lot of L sounds that roll off their tongue.

Oh I get it...but to people with OTHER native tongues (pun fully intended!!) besides English and Spanish it could really sound like DRRRRRRRRRRRRup. It really does...

Back