April 22, 2009 - Happy Earth Day

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Happy Earth Day to Everyone!

In celebration of Earth day....

a timely video

courtesy of Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson NEWS:

Mr. Jackson has been 'nesting' - he's been looking at and perhaps purchasing some paintings and status for his new house - there are a couple links dated 4/21/08 with photos...check them out!

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Interview: Is Neal Medlyn the next great pop diva?

Decider Austin - NM: Michael Jackson, I suppose. I spent so much time as a child watching him onstage, and I've had a lifelong obsession with stage presence and charisma and ...

Going GaGa

PlanetRadiocity -
Bringing influences like David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Madonna and Queen to the pop table, GaGa has been ruling the charts in both the UK and the US. ...

Los Angeles Music Academy Hosts LA County's Anti-Hate Songwriting ...

PR-Inside.com
... Jamie Foxx, Luther Vandross, Janet Jackson, Ruben Studdard, and Fantasia; and the Avila Brothers, Bobby and IZ, producers of Usher, Janet Jackson, ...

Review: Thriller Live at Bristol

STUNNING dancing, musical favourites and dazzling costumes - this show has all the elements to delight any Jackson fan.

A thrilling concert celebrating the career of one of the world's greatest entertainers opened at the Bristol Hippodrome last night (Mon).

The cast had audience members on their feet boogying to the music of the Jackson 5 and grooving to some favourites from the 1970s through to the 1990s.

Thriller Live will run until April 25 and is a brand new show which revels in the music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5.

The concert features a West End cast of performers including signers, a live band, choir and fantastic dancers paying tribute to the true king of pop.

Audiences were truly wowed by the unique choreography and brilliant vocal performances in a two-hour show of hit songs including I Want You Back, I'll Be There, Show You The Way To Go, Can You Feel It, Rock With You, She's Out Of My Life, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean and many more.

Onlookers were asking for more at the end of the show and they weren't disappointed with the rendition of Earth Song, along with some classic Jackson dancing.

If all you want to do is sit in your seat to watch a show, do not bother, as this production is for those who want to get to their feet and join in with the fun.

Tickets, priced £13-27.50, are available from the Ticketmaster on 0844 847 2341 or via www.bristolhippodrome.org.uk

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/c...=zwhatson&itemid=WeED21 Apr 2009 08:50:46:320

Michael-Jackson-Earth-Song-349835.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1972 - Michael Jackson's cover of Bobby Day's hit "Rockin' Robbin" hit #2 in the U.S.

2001 - Janet Jackson responded to rumors that she was angry over Virgin Records signing Mariah Carey for $23.5 million. Janet said, "That is so untrue, I just found out that somebody made this rumor up in New York. I sent Mariah flowers saying, 'Welcome to the family.' I'm happy for her."

J5era121.jpg

Ms.Snoop...Thank You sooo very much for posting information about Mother Earth Day...I hope you do not mind...

adlog.php

[URL="http://ads.ogdenpubs.com/phpads/adview.php?what=zone:353&n=adec800d"][/URL]HOME
DO IT YOURSELF
RENEWABLE ENERGY
GREEN HOMES
ORGANIC GARDENING
NATURAL HEALTH
GREEN TRANSPORTATION

NATURE & COMMUNITY
MODERN HOMESTEADING
SUSTAINABLE FARMING
REAL FOOD
LAND FOR SALE
CONTACT US CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOPPING

HOT TOPICS >> RainwaterCoalDandelionsStorm safetyAllergies

What to Plant Now

Not sure which seeds you could be starting right now? Our regional planting guides take the guesswork out of garden planning!

Free Range Eggs and More: What You Need to Know

An Easter Lesson in Five Parts

Convert a Used Grain Bin to a New House

You can recycle a used grain bin into a home, office, shop or storage space.

Coal-fired Power Plants Face Dim Future

With the regulation of carbon dioxide emissions is imminent.

Meet Solar Power’s Leading Advocacy Group

What’s the future look like for solar and renewable energy?

FEATURED ARTICLES
1 2 3 4 5
ASK OUR EXPERTS
Are some ceiling fans more effective than others at reducing air conditioning costs?
Read the answer >> Is it safe to burn driftwood in a stove?
Read the answer >> I’m making a new garden — should I build raised beds?
Read the answer >> Is radiant-floor heating a good heating choice for a new green home, such as a passive solar house?
Read the answer >> Can solar panels be damaged by hail?
Read the answer >>

FRESH CONTENT DAILY

earthmoving.gif

Thanx for the info and Happy Earth Day to all and to Michael and family.​

Thanks for the news.

And that video is always worth a watch! :)

Thank you for the news Snoop! :hug:
Happy Earth Day to everyone!!

What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain.. .
What about killing fields
Is there a time
What about all the things
That you said was yours and mine...
Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Aaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaah

What have we done to the world
Look what we've done
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son...
What about flowering fields
Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine...
All the children dead from war
The crying Earth the weeping shores

Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaah

I used to dream
I used to glance beyond the stars
Now I don't know where we are
Although I know we've drifted far

Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaaah
Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaaah

Hey, what about yesterday
(What about us)
What about the seas
(What about us)
The heavens are falling down
(What about us)
I can't even breathe
(What about us)
What about the bleeding Earth
(What about us)
Can't we feel its wounds
(What about us)
What about nature's worth
(ooo,ooo)
It's our planet's womb
(What about us)
What about animals
(What about it)
We've turned kingdoms to dust
(What about us)
What about elephants
(What about us)
Have we lost their trust
(What about us)
What about crying whales
(What about us)
We're ravaging the seas
(What about us)
What about forest trails
(ooo, ooo)
Burnt despite our pleas
(What about us)
What about the holy land
(What about it)
Torn apart by creed
(What about us)
What about the common man
(What about us)
Can't we set him free
(What about us)
What about children dying
(What about us)
Can't you hear them cry
(What about us)
Where did we go wrong
(ooo, ooo)
Someone tell me why
(What about us)
What about babies
(What about it)
What about the days
(What about us)
What about all their joy
(What about us)
What about the man
(What about us)
What about the crying man
(What about us)
What about Abraham
(What was us)
What about death again
(ooo, ooo)
Do we give a damn??

Thanks for the news

AND HAPPY EARTH DAY EVERYONE! :D

HAPPY EARTH DAY people!
We cannot win this battle to save species and environments without forging an emotional bond between ourselves and nature as well – for we will not fight to save what we do not love.

The Green Picture: Michael Jackson Reuses And Recycles In Beverly Hills

Filed under: thegreenpicture — Michael Andre d'Estries

jackson_antiques.jpg

Michael Jackson was spotted practicing two of the three ‘R’s by visiting an antiques shop in Beverly Hills yesterday. From July 8, 2009 to February 24, 2010, Jackson is scheduled to perform 50 sell out concerts to over one million people at London’s O2 arena. The 50-year-old singer recently announced plans that he will not include any live animals in his performance — something PETA was less than pleased about after rumors circulated saying different.

Photo credit: INF Photo

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/04/22/...jackson-reuses-and-recycles-in-beverly-hills/

Thank for the news. I love Earth Song :wub:
I'll make sure to listen to it lots today ;)

Happy Earth Day Everyone! :D

HAPPY EARTH DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

Let's do the best we can to protect and save our natural treasures!

Plant more trees
Recycle and reuse
Harness wind power, solar power
Switch off electricity when not in use
Say no to plastic
Use paper bags

Let's make Mother Earth smile again:flowers:!

Go green!

'Planet earth, gentle and blue
with all my heart, I love you' - Michael Jackson

I sure don't want to be the only one not saying it so:

Happy Earth day everyone!! :)

We need to look after our beautiful Earth so that our children and all living creatures can enjoy it for generations to come.

MJ Flees in SUV After Crash With Ambulance: EMT
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/entertainment/*****-Flees-in-SUV-After-Crash-With-Ambulance-EMT.html

King of pop Michael Jackson may have been involved in a bizarre hit-and-run collision with an ambulance in Beverly Hills on Wednesday afternoon, a medic said Wednesday.

View SlideshowSee photos allegedly showing Michael Jackson entering a vehicle that hit an ambulance, according to an EMT.

Emergency medical technician Jamin Mauro and his partner were idling outside Cedars-Sinai hospital when a black Cadillac Escalade plowed into their vehicle, sideswiping the ambulance and knocking a mirror off the emergency vehicle. The driver then hopped out of the vehicle with an umbrella, walked to the hospital doors and met Jackson, Mauro said.

"We were hit by the Escalade, and I was taking pictures for my company insurance," Mauro said. "About 30 seconds after, Jackson walked out of a medical building. He jumped into the Escalade and they sped off."

Mauro said a nurse confirmed that Jackson had been in the building. The EMT said that the man resembled the pop star and he believed his photos could confirm that.

The pop star may have been in town for a public exhibition conducted by Julien's Auctions. Items being presented range from his "iconic white-jeweled glove to the grandiose entry gates to Neverland Ranch," according to juliensauctions.com.

The Beverly Hills Police Department issued a statement concerning the collision. The statement did not contain any mention of Jackson, but noted that paparazzi had been following the Escalade at the time of the collision.

"The suspect's vehicle, a dark colored SUV, struck a parked vehicle causing moderate damage to the victim's vehicle. The suspect's vehicle was being followed by a group of paparazzi at the time of the collision," according to the statement.

Mauro said he and his partner were banged up in the crash, but more upset that the driver of the Escalade did not take the time to exchange information before driving off.

Mauro added that he was unsure why the driver ignored the EMTs.

"I don't know if Jackson told him to leave or not," Mauro said. "But they should have stayed."

Editor's note: Mauro did not ask for compensation for his photos.

Mariah Carey Named 'Least Green Celebrity' on Earth Day:

Environmental group 'Green Daily' has named singer Mariah Carey as its 'least green celebrity'.

What did she do to deserve the title? Admit in a recent interview that she flies her personal trainer from St. Barts in the Caribbean to New York to for her training.

"I got too bulky. Now I'm down to my 11th grade size after lots of hard work with my personal trainer Patricia. Patricia lives in St. Barts, poor girl. People say to me, 'Only you would fly someone from St. Barts in the Caribbean to New York to work out,'" she said.
"People saw that as an extravagance rather than a necessity and the consequences for the planet probably don't justify it," says spokesperson Jonathon Morgan.

Carey was followed by John Travolta, who has been widely criticized for his fleet of private jets, which the group says are responsible for 800 tons of carbon emissions per year.

On the other side of the spectrum, longtime environmental activist Leonardo DiCaprio was named the greenest celebrity, followed by U2 frontman Bono and former 'St. Elsewhere' star Ed Begley Jr., who has been known to even make his own green, natural cleaning spray.

Back