April 16, 2009 - Thursday - News / Mentionings

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Hello there - Ms. Snoop filling in for Rasta Pasta...

So the BIG News is that the Auction is cancelled :punk::clapping: and that's what the news media is reporting again and again....all over the world...

So here's some mentionings....

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

********************************************************​

MENTIONINGS:
Thomas to give 1st year salary back to FIU

The Associated Press - ‎
Instead, he said few people in the sports and entertainment world stay on the mountaintop for long, even citing Prince and Michael Jackson as examples.

Hall & Oates play Chastain Park

Access Atlanta -
But despite their success (29 top 40 hits), they never had the resonance or respect of their '80s counterparts such as Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson. ...

Music fans snub gigs

The Sun - And there was pandemonium last month as fans desperately tried to secure a place at one of MICHAEL JACKSON's 50 gigs at London's O2 this summer. ...

Booker T. Washington Community Center to host R&B music discussion ...

Staunton News Leader -
That record was not matched by Nat King Cole, James Brown, Janet Jackson, or Michael Jackson. Only Aretha Franklin beat but that was decades later. ...

Andy Warhol Former Assistant Steve Kaufman Pop Art Show in Las ...

PR.com
... Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Bruce Springsteen, Justin Timberlake, U2, Janet Jackson, Al Pacino, Muhammad Ali, Oscar De La Hoya, Cuban Cigars, ...

dangerousera160.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1996 - The maxi single for Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us" was released.

offthewallera30.jpg

What year was that? Looks like off the wall era. Love the video never saw it before.

Thanks for the news.

Nice pictures, and soo nice the auction was cancelled.

Disneyland opened in 1955, so I guess that would be 1980 (or filmed in '79?). That's a great video. Something I'd never seen :)

Thank yoooou. :D Nice pictures.

Also today in MJ HIStory

1972 - The Jackson 5 are on the cover of Spec magazine.

1983 - Michael and Samir Kamoun don Charlie Chalpin outfits to pay tribute to Chaplin on his birthday. Michael becomes the first artist of the Eighties to hold two chart positions in Billboard's Top Five with Beat It and Billie Jean.

1988 - I Want You Back (´88 Remix) released on Motown enters the Top 100 singles chart in Britian peaking at number 8 and remains on the charts for nine weeks. The accompanying video comprises a compliation from The Jackson 5's Cartoon Show.

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post this poll on here. My boss is a COO here at this ticket agency http://www.ticketcity.com and on their website they're asking people would we (USA) fans go to a MJ concert in a city near us!

So go ahead and vote! I've been talking to him about this and he says that there's a lot of talk about MJ coming to the U.S. but as always, we will have to wait and see what developes!:-D

So far the results are...

Will you go see Michael Jackson on a US Tour?

Michael Jackson has not yet announced plans for a US Tour, but he is currently playing shows in London at the O2 Arena. So there is plenty of speculation that ”the King of Pop” will eventually cross the pond and embark on a North American concert tour. The question we want to know is: would you go see Michael Jackson in concert if he plays your city or a city nearby?

64% YES
36% NO

So get to votin'!:)

http://blog.ticketcity.com/2009/04/15/will...n-on-a-us-tour/

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post this poll on here. My boss is a COO here at this ticket agency http://www.ticketcity.com and on their website they're asking people would we (USA) fans go to a MJ concert in a city near us!

So go ahead and vote! I've been talking to him about this and he says that there's a lot of talk about MJ coming to the U.S. but as always, we will have to wait and see what developes!:-D

So far the results are...

Will you go see Michael Jackson on a US Tour?

Michael Jackson has not yet announced plans for a US Tour, but he is currently playing shows in London at the O2 Arena. So there is plenty of speculation that ”the King of Pop” will eventually cross the pond and embark on a North American concert tour. The question we want to know is: would you go see Michael Jackson in concert if he plays your city or a city nearby?

64% YES
36% NO

So get to votin'!:)

http://blog.ticketcity.com/2009/04/15/will...n-on-a-us-tour/

It's at 85% now. :D

eighty six percent. lol

and thanks for posting that poll, cus i sure want him to come here.

Back