April 15, 2009 - News - Auction cancelled!

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Probably one of the most exciting new annoucements since O2 - MJ and Juliens have managed to settle and called off the Auction. It is posted and discussed in length in the Auction thread, but for those who missed it - here is an official press release!

Auction of Michael Jackson items called off

By Alan Duke
CNN

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The controversial auction of Michael Jackson's property from his Neverland ranch has been canceled, and all of the items will be returned to Jackson, the auction organizer said.
The singer sued the auction company last month, claiming he did not authorize the sale of items that were removed from Neverland after he sold the ranch.

"We resolved everything with Michael Jackson," Julien's Auctions owner Darren Julien said. "We came to a resolution that both sides are very happy with."

Details of the settlement are confidential, Julien said.

The public can still "get a glimpse at Neverland and the life and career of Michael Jackson" because the items will remain on exhibit in Beverly Hills, California, until April 25, Julien said. The exhibition was a prelude to the planned auction.

After April 25, the items will go back to Jackson's control, Julien said.
The items, including the iconic Neverland gates, the singer's famed white-jeweled glove and a stretch Rolls Royce, were removed by the auction house last year at Jackson's request, the auctioneer told CNN.
Jackson's lawyer did not immediately respond to calls for comment.
Jackson sold Neverland ranch, his former home, last year. Since his 2005 acquittal in the United States on child molestation charges Jackson has spent much of his time living in Bahrain.

Jackson is set to perform 50 "final curtain call" concerts in London, England, starting in July. The shows sold out in four hours last month, the events' organizers said. "These will be my final shows performing in London," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/14/jackson.auction/

*****************************​

From the Julien's Home Page:

The Collection of Michael Jackson

King of Pop:
A Once in a Lifetime Public Exhibition Featuring Property From the Life and Career of Michael Jackson and Neverland Ranch

With a Portion of the Proceeds
Benefiting MusiCares®
April 14th – 25th, 2009

Public Exhibition

9900 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, California 90210
Adjacent to The Beverly Hilton

April 14 – April 25, 2009
(10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Daily)
$20.00 per person for the Exhibition
Exhibition Designers: WRJ Design Associates, LLC

Click Here for Special Rates​

Located adjacent to the site of the Michael Jackson Exhibition, The Beverly Hilton (awarded the Mobil Four Star for the second consecutive year), is offering special room rates and packages. For more information or to make reservations at The Beverly Hilton, visit www.beverlyhilton.com or call 310-274-7777.​

http://www.juliensauctions.com/

**********************************************​

bilde

Muralist shows many sides of Los Angeles

Worcester Telegram - ‎
Los Angeles muralist Kent Twitchell poses in his studio with a portion of his mural showing the hand of music icon Michael Jackson. ...

Country singer faces down tough economy

CNN International - Jason Aldean, Country Singer

CNN: Were you a Michael Jackson fan growing up? Did you moonwalk as a kid? Aldean: Of course! I had my glove and everything. ...

MICHAEL JACKSON Mentionings:

Coachella: To Girl Talk's Gregg Gillis, imitation is the sincerest ...

Los Angeles Times - ... lines of looped kick drum from Jermaine Stewart's "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off." By the end of the song, he's sampled Fergie, Michael Jackson, ...

Rock 'n' roll jobs lost vs. jobs created in the 'New Depression'

Detroit Metro Times

OCTOBER '08

JOBS CREATED — it was announced by Jermaine Jackson that bro Michael may reunite with his siblings to record and tour as the Jackson 5. "This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jermaine said.

JOBS LOST This just in ... um, Michael responds, "I'll Be There (Not!)."

jackson-5.jpg

**********************************​

Image isn't everything - or is it - Britney Spears to Susan Boyle ...

Examiner.com -

......Performance artists began to stick almost exclusively to a unified look, whether it be fashioned from handsewn sequens or fringed denim. The Jackson Five came out jiving synchronized steps, and when Michael Jackson and his sister Janet Jackson both went solo, it rarely ever really was, as each video noted an entire parade of perfectly timed dancers. "Thriller" - practically a short feature film - dazed us all with the choreography made all the more complicated by the sheer number of dancers. Still, each dancer was universally zombified; actors using their limbs rather than lyrics for expression. Janet Jackson was no less amazing with her "Rhythm Nation" military drill stepping style. So her moves were not that complicated, the outfit a basic black bodyfitted jumpsuit. However, what kept my eyes peeled--scared to even blink--was the fact that each and every single movement triggered by all the other dancers were so on cue it was if one mind expanded to control the others' bodies. Thus one woman's vision amplified tremendously by the moves of many. ....​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1997 - Michael Jackson's single "Blood On The Dance Floor" was released.

Cat_Love.jpg

Yesss!!! I'm happy about this news:clapping: Thanx for posting MsSnoop. From now on, I hope we can hear more news about the O2 shows and his new single/album.

Yes Yes Yes pumpkin pie yummy-ummy gum drops gets EVERYTHING back.:wub: Great news:D:punk::D!

I see great thing in the future:fortuneteller:! lol This summer is gonna be amazing.:punk:

Yaaay i heard it on Sky News
aw good for Michael :)
im glad he gets to keep his stuff, it is really special amazing stuff like!
I have MJ live in Bucharest on now :wub: Jam :D!
I have to find my peace cuz no one seems to let me be...
Ty for the news :)

Michael Jackson auction cancelled after lawsuit
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-auction-cancelled-after-lawsuit-1668969.html

"The auction isn't going to take place. We wanted to reach an agreement (with Jackson) and we have reached one today that is mutually acceptable and beneficial," Julien said.
Julien said all the items - including a single crystal white glove worn in the singer's "Billie Jean" performances and the gates to his Neverland Ranch in California - would be returned to Jackson when the exhibit closes.
Jackson's spokesman, Tohme R. Tohme, said in a joint statement with Julien the two groups "are pleased" with the agreement and that it "allows Michael Jackson to retain ownership of the Collection of Michael Jackson."
Julien signed agreements with Tohme and removed hundreds of items from Jackson's shuttered and sold Neverland Ranch for the sale, which was expected to fetch about $10 million.
It would have been the largest authorized auction of items associated with the self-styled King of Pop, who has been a virtual recluse since his 2005 acquittal on charges of molesting a young boy at Neverland.
But on March 4, Tohme and Jackson's production company filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles seeking the return of unspecified items. Although a Los Angeles judge ruled earlier this month the auction could proceed, the two sides continued talks to settle the dispute.
Julien said earlier this month he had spent some $2 million preparing the sale and the exhibit.
He did not say how much Jackson had agreed to pay under Tuesday's settlement but added; "We are very happy. We are happy because he is happy."
Tuesday's statement suggested the items would find a permanent public home in the future but gave no details.
"There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," the statement said.
The 30,000 square-foot (2,787 sq metre) exhibit includes Jackson's red, gilded throne, his Rolls-Royce stretch limo, sequined costumes, portraits of Jackson, pictures of Peter Pan, and toys from the Neverland ranch.
Abby Marie, a Jackson fan visiting on Tuesday, told Reuters earlier it would be a pity to see the items sold off to separate bidders. "I hope one person buys it all and puts it in a museum," she said.
Jackson adopted a low-profile after his 2005 molestation trial, but in March he announced a run of 50 comeback concerts in London starting in July that sold out within hours.

Thanks for the news :D

The auction being cancelled is awesome!

That mural looks cool. I want it for my wall :lol:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123975722222019209.html

By ETHAN SMITH

A planned auction of the furnishings and personal effects from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was canceled Tuesday as part of a settlement in a lawsuit over the sale.

"It was a misunderstanding," Mr. Jackson's manager, Dr. Tohme Tohme said in a telephone interview. "It was his personal property. It was never supposed to be sold."
The auction was to have taken place next week, after eight days in which more than 2,000 objects from the pop singer's famous Santa Barbara County home were to be displayed to the public. Mr. Jackson's MJJ Productions filed suit last month in Los Angeles Superior Court against Julien's Auction House to block the sale. Julien's Auction House Chief Executive Darren Julien said in a telephone interview that he is "very happy with the outcome." He said that the lawsuit's settlement also included the dismissal of all claims.

Dr. Tohme said the belongings -- including several sequined gloves, paintings and other memorabilia -- would be put in storage soon. In the meantime they are to remain on display at a former Beverly Hills department store through Saturday, April 25, four days longer than originally planned.

Michael Jackson's belongings were on display at Julien's Auctions on Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Dr. Tohme said that Mr. Jackson hopes eventually to display the unusual belongings permanently. "One day he will have a beautiful museum, like Graceland," the manager said.

One place Mr. Jackson's effects are unlikely to end up: Neverland, in Los Olivos, Calif. The ranch was permanently tainted by allegations that Mr. Jackson had sexually molested children there. The singer was acquitted of those charges in a 2005 trial, but he has vowed never to return there, and recently avoided foreclosure proceedings on the property. "Neverland is gone," Dr. Tohme said. "Neverland is finished."

Under an agreement with investment firm Colony Capital LLC, which owns an equity stake in Neverland, the property may be redeveloped under its previous name, Sycamore Canyon Ranch.

That was some misunderstanding, eh? :ermm:

Anyhoo, I wish we could get the press releases in full instead of the bits the media picks and chooses to put in their articles. We know they are very selective in what they choose to put in and various articles use various bits which is like trying to put a puzzle together. Would be nice to have the whole thing intact. Perhaps michaeljackson.com could host the releases since MJ doesn't have a site like MJJSource anymore to host them.

In any case, I had long night last night and forgot to do this so....CONFETTIIII!!!
73310i191photobucketcom.gif
:girl_happy:
I'm glad Michael's happy and this is over with. Good job on all involved in resolving the issue. :flowers:

Thanks to all for the news/updates/mentionings.

More Mentionings:

Win Flying With The Fishes T-shirts

Body Confidential - With that in mind, the trio have also experimented with imagery such as a pop art Michael Jackson, Muhammad Ali fighting Bruce Lee, Killer teddy bears, ...

Below are the two MJ shirts on their website:

http://www.bodyconfidential.com/ind...i&realname=Win_Flying_With_The_Fishes_Tshirts

happy shopping!

Rodney Jerkins Becomes 'Starmaker'

Billboard -
In the meantime, Jerkins recently signed a deal to executive produce nine albums for Extreme Music, the worldwide production music library unit of Sony/ATV ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...ps-neverland-auction-will-reclaim-2000-items/

Michael Jackson has successfully stopped the April 22nd auction that would have seen nearly 2,000 items from his massive collection of memorabilia become available to the highest bidder. As Rock Daily previously reported, Jackson sued to prevent the auction from taking place, but Julien’s Auctions insisted the Neverland auction would still go on as planned. However, the BBC reports that the items will now all be returned to Jackson and the King of Pop’s lawsuit against the auction house would be dropped.

As we showed in our Neverland on the Block: Inside the Michael Jackson Auction gallery, Jackson’s collection of sequined gloves, jackets, portraits, Skywalker mementos, the gates to Neverland Ranch and much more were slated to go on the block. The items were claimed from Neverland after the singer left his California ranch in 2005 and racked up millions of dollars in debt, including attorney fees and $250,000 each month for Neverland’s upkeep. Jackson was unable to pay back the part-ownership on his estate, and lost all the possessions in it. Essentially, Jackson was being kept afloat financially thanks to his stake in Sony/ATV Music publishing and its Beatles catalog, but even that investment was threatened by the mounting debt.

While nobody has explained why the auction was canceled outside of the lawsuit, it’s possible that the influx of cash that comes with selling out 50 consecutive shows at London’s O2 Arena might have played a role. Plus, the Beatles’ catalog will be both remastered and ready for Rock Band this autumn, so Jackson will likely receive a nice slice of those profits.

The items that were set to hit the auction block will remain on public display in Los Angeles until the end of next week, after which point they’ll be returned to Jackson.

Jumping for Joy! - Yelling with happiness!

mj-jump.jpg

Wonderful news.

Thanks.

MJ beats them all!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michael-jackson-auction-cancelled-after-lawsuit-1668969.html

"We are very happy. We are happy because he is happy."
Tuesday's statement suggested the items would find a permanent public home in the future but gave no details.
"There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," the statement said.

That's the best decision ever. Bet he must be lifting it off MJJ board here. :lol:

Abby Marie, a Jackson fan visiting on Tuesday, told Reuters earlier it would be a pity to see the items sold off to separate bidders. "I hope one person buys it all and puts it in a museum," she said.

And that's where it's supposed to be - in the heart and a rightful place, no hand can force the other way. With so many items that can fill the size of 10 football fields, this not just another Graceland but a museum fit for the King of Pop - A Michael Jackson Museum!

waaaauw indeed greatest news since the O2! I'm so happy right now. ehhheh

oh Gooooooooooooooooood Im more than happy for calling off the auction!! thank you for answering to my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT NEVERLAND IS NOT GONE!!
NEVERLAND IS NOT FINISHED!!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...ps-neverland-auction-will-reclaim-2000-items/

Michael Jackson has successfully stopped the April 22nd auction that would have seen nearly 2,000 items from his massive collection of memorabilia become available to the highest bidder. As Rock Daily previously reported, Jackson sued to prevent the auction from taking place, but Julien’s Auctions insisted the Neverland auction would still go on as planned. However, the BBC reports that the items will now all be returned to Jackson and the King of Pop’s lawsuit against the auction house would be dropped.

As we showed in our Neverland on the Block: Inside the Michael Jackson Auction gallery, Jackson’s collection of sequined gloves, jackets, portraits, Skywalker mementos, the gates to Neverland Ranch and much more were slated to go on the block. The items were claimed from Neverland after the singer left his California ranch in 2005 and racked up millions of dollars in debt, including attorney fees and $250,000 each month for Neverland’s upkeep. Jackson was unable to pay back the part-ownership on his estate, and lost all the possessions in it. Essentially, Jackson was being kept afloat financially thanks to his stake in Sony/ATV Music publishing and its Beatles catalog, but even that investment was threatened by the mounting debt.

While nobody has explained why the auction was canceled outside of the lawsuit, it’s possible that the influx of cash that comes with selling out 50 consecutive shows at London’s O2 Arena might have played a role. Plus, the Beatles’ catalog will be both remastered and ready for Rock Band this autumn, so Jackson will likely receive a nice slice of those profits.

The items that were set to hit the auction block will remain on public display in Los Angeles until the end of next week, after which point they’ll be returned to Jackson.

where are the flying pigs.......................the Rollingstones finally realizing that anything Beatles music means KACHING to Michael...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123975722222019209.html

By ETHAN SMITH

A planned auction of the furnishings and personal effects from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was canceled Tuesday as part of a settlement in a lawsuit over the sale.

"It was a misunderstanding," Mr. Jackson's manager, Dr. Tohme Tohme said in a telephone interview. "It was his personal property. It was never supposed to be sold."
The auction was to have taken place next week, after eight days in which more than 2,000 objects from the pop singer's famous Santa Barbara County home were to be displayed to the public. Mr. Jackson's MJJ Productions filed suit last month in Los Angeles Superior Court against Julien's Auction House to block the sale. Julien's Auction House Chief Executive Darren Julien said in a telephone interview that he is "very happy with the outcome." He said that the lawsuit's settlement also included the dismissal of all claims.

Dr. Tohme said the belongings -- including several sequined gloves, paintings and other memorabilia -- would be put in storage soon. In the meantime they are to remain on display at a former Beverly Hills department store through Saturday, April 25, four days longer than originally planned.

Michael Jackson's belongings were on display at Julien's Auctions on Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Dr. Tohme said that Mr. Jackson hopes eventually to display the unusual belongings permanently. "One day he will have a beautiful museum, like Graceland," the manager said.

One place Mr. Jackson's effects are unlikely to end up: Neverland, in Los Olivos, Calif. The ranch was permanently tainted by allegations that Mr. Jackson had sexually molested children there. The singer was acquitted of those charges in a 2005 trial, but he has vowed never to return there, and recently avoided foreclosure proceedings on the property. "Neverland is gone," Dr. Tohme said. "Neverland is finished."

Under an agreement with investment firm Colony Capital LLC, which owns an equity stake in Neverland, the property may be redeveloped under its previous name, Sycamore Canyon Ranch.

That was some misunderstanding, eh? :ermm:

Anyhoo, I wish we could get the press releases in full instead of the bits the media picks and chooses to put in their articles. We know they are very selective in what they choose to put in and various articles use various bits which is like trying to put a puzzle together. Would be nice to have the whole thing intact. Perhaps michaeljackson.com could host the releases since MJ doesn't have a site like MJJSource anymore to host them.

In any case, I had long night last night and forgot to do this so....CONFETTIIII!!!
:girl_happy:
I'm glad Michael's happy and this is over with. Good job on all involved in resolving the issue. :flowers:

Thanks to all for the news/updates/mentionings.

yeah i agree about full press releases, but we know better lol. i'm sure mj's humble spirit prevailed here despite some rights he always has, but he got his property, and that's the good thing.

Back