April 1, 2009 - Wednesday

MsSnoop

Proud Member
:tease:Happy April Fools Day...:tease:

In the right setting, I guess these 'jokes' could be funny - but when they are concerning things that we care about: MJ, his family, his career, our family, our career and friends - not so much...so everyone please be careful and caring today.​

thrillerera139.jpg

On to the Mentionings....let's see - what's real out here...

UNH student fights lawsuit over music downloads

The Union Leader
... damages for only seven songs, but the complaint was amended last year to add more songs, including Michael Jackson's "Thriller," according to Bell. ...

Talking Shop: The Noisettes

BBC News -
It's the Michael Jackson route. Are you hoping to sell as many copies as Thriller? Even half that amount would be perfect! Especially considering how hard ...

Zubo review

Examiner.com
My favorite was the "Thriller" move where the Zubo dance around like extras from the Michael Jackson video. The rhythm-based battling also keeps things more ...

Christophe Decarnin's Balmain show flashes back to Michael Jackson, MC Hammer

Michael Jackson couldn't have picked a better time to make a comeback. There he was on Thursday, the fashion muse of the fall season, announcing his "final" tour in London while dressed in a sparkly, "Thriller"-era jacket that looked a lot like the ones coming down the runway at Balmain just hours before at Paris Fashion Week.

Balmain designer Christophe Decarnin, who has been cribbing from Jackson and other '80s icons for a while now, is to blame for fashion's current crystal addiction, for sparkly biker jackets and disco-ball micro mini-dresses that have crept into the wardrobes of Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Moss, and onto nearly every runway this season.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/03/07/calendar/et-parisfashion7

thrillerera191.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1985 - The "We Are the World" album was released.​

1993 - Michael Jackson tried to buy the remains of Elvis' twin brother, Jesse.​

2004 - An association of spouses of African ambassadors presented Michael Jackson with a humanitarian award for his contributions to fighting AIDS in Africa.
thrillerera262.jpg

thanks so much. and those pics are sooooooooo CUTE. love it

as far as the recording industry illegal downloading article is concerned, i am on the recording industry side. i mean..there is no excuse now. the songs only cost ninety nine cents. and when you give an inch the downloaders take a mile. there is no longer the expensive cd excuse. now downloaders feel that they are innocent, and because they think the industry is losing, they get even bolder and think the industry is in the wrong. hey, she downloaded Thriller. so sue me..i'm a Michael Jackson fan.

Michael Jackson hires magician Copperfield

London (IANS): Pop star Michael Jackson, who is working on a comeback in Britain, has hired magician David Copperfield to spice up the shows.
They apparently met at the magician's California headquarters and are planning some grandiose stunts. The highlight of the show will supposedly be highwire routines and a levitation trick, reports thesun.co.uk.
Copperfield is famous for making the Statue of Liberty disappear and now Jackson is counting on him to lend a helping hand.
A source said: “***** and David have been close pals for years. Michael is a massive fan of magic and has been to see all the big illusionists in Vegas over the years. He has some very clear plans on what he wants the show to include and feels David is the man to help make them happen. It's not just about music for Michael, it's about the show. The levitation stunt will be something special.”

http://news.google.co.uk/news/url?s...hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200904011231.htm

It could be another April fools joke, but as far as I'm concerned it's 1st April for the media all year round! lol It would be awesome if true though!

Here's the Sun article talking about 100 mirrors and dry ice:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2352810.ece

Last edited:
Better David Copperfield then Chris Angel. I saw Chris Angel's live show in Vegas and he absolutley reeked. It was really horrible, which was a surprise because his show on TV is so good. But he didn't perform any of the tricks he does on TV, which of course makes you wonder if it isn't just all camera angles and plants, and not actually unique tricks he's invented.

err.... i thought Elvis's twin's name was Aaron..... ;p

Aaron was Elvis's middle name, not sure about his twin brother's name but Jesse does ring a bell.

And that's one I've never heard before, about Michael wanting to buy Elvis's brother's remains. Is that an April Fool's joke, or something Frank thought up if he was still working for Michael then? I've been around for a hellava long time and missed that one.

This sounds like another April Fools joke??? lol

Pop star Michael Jackson jets in

Entertainment Reporters

POP legend Michael Jackson is expected in Harare this morning ahead of his international tour dubbed "This Is It" scheduled for the United Kingdom in July.

According to his official website and the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority, Jackson is expected to touch down at the Harare International Airport at 10am aboard a South African Airways flight from Johannesburg, where he arrived late last night.

ZTA, who brought American star Joe Thomas and reggae icon Luciano, said Jackson’s visit was aimed at sustaining the momentum of the just-ended Inaugural Tourism Stakeholders’ Conference and confirm Zimbabwe as a safe tourist destination particularly in the wake of the lifting of travel warnings by Japan.

Jackson is also expected to meet senior Government officials to donate an unspecified amount of money as part of his contribution to Zimbabwe’s appeal for US$8,3 billion to finance the Short-Term Economic Recovery Programme launched by President Mugabe recently.

"I have always wanted to come to Zimbabwe having last visited the country in 1999.

"It’s also encouraging visiting the country when the political leaders are pulling in the same direction and I hope Zimbabwe will soon get moving again," Jackson was quoted as saying.

ZTA said last night Jackson was scheduled to meet fans at the Rainbow Towers at 2pm to sign autographs.

"After the Press conference, Jackson flies to Victoria Falls, where he is scheduled to meet some stakeholders in the tourism industry before

flying to South Africa for a tour on Friday morning.’’

The King of Pop was last in Zimbabwe in 1999 on a private business trip at the invitation of the then general manager of the Zimbabwe Defence Industries, Colonel Tshinga Dube.

During his short stay at Meikles Hotel presidential suite, Jackson caused a stir even after he had left as fans thronged the venue hoping to catch a glimpse of him with some going to the extent of searching for strands of hair on the comb that he used.

Others wanted to buy his bed linen at thrice the shop price; they wanted the sheets unwashed, of course!

Jackson holds the record of the best selling album of all time with his 1982 release, Thriller that is credited with transforming the music video into an art form and a promotional tool.

http://www.herald.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=2496&cat=1

This sounds like another April Fools joke??? lol

Pop star Michael Jackson jets in

I wouldn't call it an April Fools joke.

In my opinion, it just sounds like "somebody" is using Mike's name in order to get some attention for "their" cause, i.e. Zimbabwe is a safe tourist destination.

that story sounds too fake to me. i believe we would have known it if michael was about to visit zimbabwe and have a meet and greet with fans. also we would have had a lot of reports, pics , videos etc if that was true plus an official statement. as far as we know michael spends lots of time rehearsing these days and getting ready for his tour.

why did Michael try to to buy the remains of Elvis' twin brother?

Thanks for the news.

And the april fool days joke! :lol:

It worked after all!!! Haha! :rofl:

April Fools’ Day . . . MJ fans duped

Herald Reporter

FANS of pop legend Michael Jackson yesterday thronged the Harare International Airport and the Rainbow Towers hoping to catch a glimpse of the superstar.

This follows a story published in yesterday issue of The Herald, which was an April Fools’ Day hoax.

The story purported that the superstar would be in the country ahead of his international tour dubbed "This Is It" to be held in United Kingdom.

The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority and The Herald newsroom were inundated with calls from some fans who wanted to inquire about his itinerary.

First to call was an official from the American Embassy who wanted to know more details about the visit.

Asked if the ambassador wanted to meet the pop legend the official became suspicious and said the ambassador was out of the country at the moment.

ZTA spokesperson Mr Sugar Chagonda yesterday said his organisation was equally flooded with calls of fans inquiring the venue Jackson was supposed to perform.

"We received numerous calls today from fans across the country who wanted to know where the superstar was supposed to perform and where the tickets of the show where being sold.

"I even received calls from some people I had not seen or heard from in years who wanted complimentary tickets to attend the show," he said.

Officials at the Harare International Airport also had a busy day as fans wanted to know the time the South African Airways flight was landing.

"We have heard several calls from people wanting to know the time Michael Jackson was expected to touch down at Harare International Airport but we told them that we were not aware of his purported visit," said the official.

She said people who visited the airport left almost an hour after the South African Airways flight landed at the airport.

"We told some fans that this was an April fools day joke but they couldn’t believe us and they waited until they were told by some people who were in that plane that Michael was not part of their entourage," she added.

A receptionist at Rainbow Towers said among the fans who visited the hotel were some chinese who were keen to see the superstar and did not believe that the story was a hoax.

"Many people came here to inquire whether Michael Jackson was already in the hotel or was scheduled to arrive later but we told them that we were not aware of his purported visit and suggested that maybe it was an April fool’s joke," she said.

http://www.herald.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=2549&cat=3

yeah...it's so easy to do april fools jokes concerning MJ, because of rampant rumours about him every day of the year, and that he is a mystery and doesn't make appearances when it seems so much so that he is scheduled to make one, because so many people are his 'spokespeople'.

All these stories about Michael wanted to buy dead people's bones and remains are just trash designed to make him appear weird. People should be able to see straight through these stories.

It worked after all!!! Haha! :rofl:

April Fools’ Day . . . MJ fans duped

Herald Reporter

FANS of pop legend Michael Jackson yesterday thronged the Harare International Airport and the Rainbow Towers hoping to catch a glimpse of the superstar.

This follows a story published in yesterday issue of The Herald, which was an April Fools’ Day hoax.

The story purported that the superstar would be in the country ahead of his international tour dubbed "This Is It" to be held in United Kingdom.

The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority and The Herald newsroom were inundated with calls from some fans who wanted to inquire about his itinerary.

First to call was an official from the American Embassy who wanted to know more details about the visit.

Asked if the ambassador wanted to meet the pop legend the official became suspicious and said the ambassador was out of the country at the moment.

ZTA spokesperson Mr Sugar Chagonda yesterday said his organisation was equally flooded with calls of fans inquiring the venue Jackson was supposed to perform.

"We received numerous calls today from fans across the country who wanted to know where the superstar was supposed to perform and where the tickets of the show where being sold.

"I even received calls from some people I had not seen or heard from in years who wanted complimentary tickets to attend the show," he said.

Officials at the Harare International Airport also had a busy day as fans wanted to know the time the South African Airways flight was landing.

"We have heard several calls from people wanting to know the time Michael Jackson was expected to touch down at Harare International Airport but we told them that we were not aware of his purported visit," said the official.

She said people who visited the airport left almost an hour after the South African Airways flight landed at the airport.

"We told some fans that this was an April fools day joke but they couldn’t believe us and they waited until they were told by some people who were in that plane that Michael was not part of their entourage," she added.

A receptionist at Rainbow Towers said among the fans who visited the hotel were some chinese who were keen to see the superstar and did not believe that the story was a hoax.

"Many people came here to inquire whether Michael Jackson was already in the hotel or was scheduled to arrive later but we told them that we were not aware of his purported visit and suggested that maybe it was an April fool’s joke," she said.

http://www.herald.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=2549&cat=3

That aprils fools hoax was mean :angry:

The David Copperfield rumor has been denied by Copperfield's producer...

David’s producer and friend Chris Kenner told us by phone today, "I don’t have any idea where this came from. I have been getting hit with emails all day asking about this and there have been no such discussions."

http://linkingpage.com/2009/04/01/is-david...ichael-jackson/

Back