APOM appreciation

HIStory

Proud Member
I just want to say: I LOVE Another Part of Me to pieces! Especially when Michael performs it live. It always cheers me up and makes me party. It's definitely in my Top 10 of MJ songs ever.

Me too, I love, love, love, love, love, love, love it..

It is my all time favorite live dance performance...or is it Billie Jean?..no APOM..definitely...or ...:thinking:

I love the lyrics too: "we're sending out a major love and this is our message to you..." - and all the while seeing Michael's eyes shining and him just genuinely meaning every word of it. It's so uplifiting!

I'm just another part of him! :listeningtomusic::party::beatit::smoothcriminal::billiejean:

APOM is better live, in my opinion. I just love the ending and his vocals are so powerful. It's probably my favorite performance of the BAD Tour.

How can you not love Another Part Of Me? It's a fantastic song. So funky and catchy and it's a shame that Michael only performed it live on the Bad Tour. I wish he would have continued on and performed on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours also, and i'm probably in the minority here but i would have prefered Michael perform ANother Part Of Me instead of Wanna Be Startin Somethin

Hehe, the video for Another Part of Me has been one of my favs growing up. Michael looked so damn good in it. Plus the song is very very catchy.

Another Part of Me is my favorite song on Bad. I love the original eo version, album, extended dance mix, and bad tour version. I can't get enough of this song.:wild: Great message and extremely danceable.

analogue;3711999 said:
How can you not love Another Part Of Me? It's a fantastic song. So funky and catchy and it's a shame that Michael only performed it live on the Bad Tour. I wish he would have continued on and performed on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours also, and i'm probably in the minority here but i would have prefered Michael perform ANother Part Of Me instead of Wanna Be Startin Somethin
I love Michael´s performance of Another part of me much more then Wanna be starting something.
I hadn´t seen the performance before summer 2009 when I learned about youtube.
The first thing I did every morning was to watch APOM,normally I use the computer only in the evening.
It was on my wishlist to see Michael´s whole performance from Wembley without pictures from the audience.

I think Michael didn´t perform it again because JW didn´t like it.

MIST;3713180 said:

???

Michael was not a Jehova's Witness after 1987.

MIST;3713180 said:
Yeah, sorry, but that makes very little sense -- MJ disassociated himself from the Jehovah's Witnesses in '87 and APOM is a song that was released to the public as early as '86, when it was first used in Captain EO. If they didn't like it, they could've said something then -- and they might have -- but after MJ cut his ties with them in '87, which was before APOM was released as a single and he starting performing it live on the Bad Tour (both in '88), it didn't matter anymore because he wasn't associated with them anymore.

I don´t mean that JW didn´t like the song but Michael´s performance of it.
Even if Michael had left JW he still could be affected by what they said.
As far as I know his mother was still a JW then and she could have arranged a meeting, but not until after his tour because Michael was to busy.

Why wd JW pick out mj's perf of apom as opposed to his other performances - is there something uniquely ungodly about it?

MIST;3714523 said:
As far as I know his mother was still a JW then and she could have arranged a meeting, but not until after his tour because Michael was to busy.

So Michael had no problem performing APOM in 1986 (in Captain EO) and in 1987-88 (in concerts) when he was still a JW or just left them, but all of a sudden he started to care about JW allegedly opposing it after that? It doesn't really make sense. And where does it come from anyway that the JWs did not like it?

MIST;3714523 said:
Could you elaborate? I don't really see what they could find offensive about his APOM performances...

Thriller I could see them have problems with, seeing how they didn't like the video either and he basically used the same concept (zombies, werecat) but really -- APOM is just him singing and dancing to the song :|

Could you elaborate? I don't really see what they could find offensive about his APOM performances...

Thriller I could see them have problems with, seeing how they didn't like the video either and he basically used the same concept (zombies, werecat) but really -- APOM is just him singing and dancing to the song :|

He was too sexy in APOM

When I hear this song (live, CD doesn't matter) I feel like I'm in paradise :) His vocal is amazing with this song

Thank you Michael.

We're takin' ooooova!
We have the truuuuth! *squint and smile*
This is our mission, to see it thruuuuu!!

Don't point jo fingaaaaa!
Not dangerous!
This is our planet
You're one of us!

:wub:

Oh yeah! APOM is way up on the favorites list for me. It's a feel good song with a positive message.
I can't help but smile, dance, pop my fingers and sing along.

Favorite song on Bad (besides Leave Me Alone) and one of my top five favorite songs of all time.

I've always said that if everybody in the world listened to APOM in the morning when they woke up, the world would be a drastically better place.

This is the song that really got me into MJ. I set my hi-fi so to wake me up to this song many years ago!

Seeing the video on the music channels, his energy, his moves, the song, his voice, the music. I've always adored this song and to have a live version of it on my iTunes and seeing the full Wembley version has made me a very happy man.

Whenever APOM starts up it makes me react physically before my brain has had a chance to decide what it wants to do! :bounce: YEAH!

APOM was my #1 favorite Michael song as a kid (now it's rock with you :) ). I love the high hat in APOM.

it wasn't planned for the TII opening show. Do you think he would have taken it into the setlist during the tour?

Wasn't it on top of the fan song wish list?

I think it would require a lot of extra vocal strenght, which he maybe preferred to use for other songs like WBSS, J5 Medley, IJCSLY... but then again...those were electric!

Back