aol, is this a real email or a phising email ?

Screamin

Proud Member
today i received this email below and would like to know if its genuinely from aol or from an unknown source as when i click the link to confirm my details , it directs me away from aol.

It has come to our attention that your AOL Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information. Failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records within 24 hours. Once you have updated your account records, your AOL session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems. You must click the link below and enter your login information on the following page to confirm your Billing Information records..

Its worrying if it true as i want to keep my account.

it says its from

Billing Center

today i received this email below and would like to know if its genuinely from aol or from an unknown source as when i click the link to confirm my details , it directs me away from aol.

It has come to our attention that your AOL Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information. Failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records within 24 hours. Once you have updated your account records, your AOL session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems. You must click the link below and enter your login information on the following page to confirm your Billing Information records..

it says its from

Billing Center

I wouldn't go there. I actually would call an AOL customer service representative first. Better to call a live person...don't give your login details....it could be a phishing thing. Looks like it...please look here!! http://www.doshelp.com/scams-fraud/Services/AOL_Scams.htm

I would give them a call and ask because it sounds like a scam to me. I'm sure they wouldn't email such information to you, if anything you would probably get it in the mail itself.

But yeah, call them. It won't hurt.

it says its from

Billing Center

oooh my...definatly call them. if you went to the page and put in your login info...change your info ASAP. ;)

yup i used to get phishing emails like that ALL the time on AOL... it's a scam... b/c AOL never asks for you billing info...

call to be sure but i bet if u were to hover over the link n NOOOTTTT click it... it would navigate u away from AOL ;)

:yes: AOL never asks for you billing information. Either call or go to your aol information without clicking that link to verify it is safe. Do not click on that email link though.

Back