Anyone spotted good magazines out now, dedicated to michael?

michael4eva

Proud Member
I bought one whch tbh , the pictures were more interesting that the content..are there any magazines released that just talk about his profession and everything he did in that, and not the allegations, weirdness etc ( in the uk lol)..something positive all round

There was one, that my boyfriend got for me, and it was such a nice surprise...

I couldn't believe how positive it was. :lol: He got it in WHSmith, and it's called: "Michael Jackson - Tribute to a Legend (50 years of genius)"

So it's a once-off magazine. It's got 130 pages of lovely pics. :) xx

yea that sounds like a gd one...hmm ill try and get it tomorrow somehow..is it recent? my one was a ok magazzzine edition..so you cant imagine what was like..

It hasn't been released yet, but Billboard sounds promising:

-A look at how Jackson touched fans around the world
-His complete Billboard chart history.
-Fascinating exclusive Nielsen data that tracks sales, radio play, online mentions and more.
-The complete history of “Thriller,” the album that saved – and changed – the music business
-A story on how Jackson reinvented the music video
-Tributes from music executives, producers, fellow musicians, friends and more.

Rolling Stone sounds exciting too :

mj-rs-cover.jpg

so far, Time is one of the best out there.

Life is coming out with a commemorative book, but a very short one (about 80 pages) in August. It sounds very promising.

Description:
"His talent was spectacular, electric. He was a thriller beyond compare. And he left us too soon. LIFE was there to capture the excitement that was Michael Jackson, from his earliest days when the magazine’s John Olson visited the Jackson 5 to the adult years when Jackson invited Harry Benson to tour Neverland for LIFE. This book is an intimate portrait of the artist and the chronicle of an extraordinary American life. There was never a performer quite like Michael Jackson, and in the pages of this special commemorative book a singular superstar is captured in full."

i bought 2 today, 1 called (Michael jackson the king of pop 1958 - 2009 a tribute to one of the worlds greatest entertainers) black and white pic of michael smiling on the front.

the other (Michael jackson - tribute to a legend, 1958 - 2009 5o years of genius) Pic of michael on stage during the bad tour with his arms open wide. if you want ill scan the magazines for you so u know what ur looking for?

there is also one called Collector's Edition Historical. Says King of Pop on the front with a picture of young MJ on the back. All positive and lots of nice pictures.

My tiny local newsagent has about 4 rare collector magazines on michael but I can't get myself to buy anything yet, it's just too early for me because I am still mourning. When I feel ready then I will buy everything.

At WH smith I also saw soecial editions of Q Magazine and Now! magazine

I really want to see the Smash Hits! one, has anybody been able to get their hands on it?

I really want to see the Smash Hits! one, has anybody been able to get their hands on it?
yeah I got it in smiths today. Really good magazine - basically reprinting old articles and interviews they had with him with some new bits. Lots of lovely pics too!

hello magazine i got today has BEAUTIFUL pictures in it.......unpublished pictures similar to some on his dancing the dream book. just lovely. also a tribute from mark lester.

in the now magazine have anyone noticed on the 'where are the brothers now' page that the names and pics dont match

i found it weird that the Historical magazine in the the family section labeled Randy Jackson on American Idol the brother, yet on the same page it had the real Randy Lol.

Life is coming out with a commemorative book, but a very short one (about 80 pages) in August. It sounds very promising.

Description:
"His talent was spectacular, electric. He was a thriller beyond compare. And he left us too soon. LIFE was there to capture the excitement that was Michael Jackson, from his earliest days when the magazine’s John Olson visited the Jackson 5 to the adult years when Jackson invited Harry Benson to tour Neverland for LIFE. This book is an intimate portrait of the artist and the chronicle of an extraordinary American life. There was never a performer quite like Michael Jackson, and in the pages of this special commemorative book a singular superstar is captured in full."

oh great, LIFE always has amazing photos.
i noticed People magazine also is selling a book.

Rolling Stone sounds exciting too :

mj-rs-cover.jpg

so far, Time is one of the best out there.

Don't get it guys, I looked through it today and it's so not worth it....
The whole thing had this offensive tone and was portraying Mike as this sad failure after Bad... Then they were saying smth about Invincible being a flop, selling 2 mil copies ...:no:
It had some pics I had never seen before mostly from the early years but it's not worth it imo.

I bought Rolling Stone today...VERY disappointed. They spend a solid 30% of the time looking at Jackson's controversies. They obsess over J-5 material, Off The Wall, and Thriller. According to Rolling Stone, Jackson had no career after this. They barely mention Dangerous to Invincible and inaccurately report that Invincible only sold 2 million copies while they say Bad sold 30 million. So for one album they are using world sales, while the other album is just US sales...not very professional.They make his life in the 1990's seem horrible and put 90% of the focus after 1988 on controversy. They also say Jackson will never be able to shake the image of molesting children. It's full of inconsistencies and errors (they say Remember The Time came out in 1987). The magazine made me very angry.

My Final Word: DO NOT BUY ROLLING STONE, they have treated him horrible!

The Australian Rolling Stone special edition dedicated to Michael is the best I've bought so far.

MJCover.jpg

Fairly good read. Fairly neutral. Contains all the original Rolling Stone reviews of his albums. Lot's of really nice photos. Love the cover.

It came with two really good posters. One has the 1983 Rolling Stone cover of Michael in the red and white striped shirt and the other is a photo of him during the HIStory world tour in Sydney singing in front of the Australian flag, very cool.

Last edited:
I bought the £4.99 tribute one as well. Happy with it.

It's a shame about Rolling Stone. That magazine has the most amazing cover. TBH I may just buy it for that

Don't get it guys, I looked through it today and it's so not worth it....
The whole thing had this offensive tone and was portraying Mike as this sad failure after Bad... Then they were saying smth about Invincible being a flop, selling 2 mil copies ...:no:
It had some pics I had never seen before mostly from the early years but it's not worth it imo.
I won't say it is not worth it, as I haven't read most of it yet, but I think you're right about the tone. The article about his albums harshly criticizes everything after Bad and the angle is basically about how nothing lived up to Thriller. They criticize most of his videos, paint him as an egomaniac, accuse him of wanting to lighten his skin, and have an 8 page article called "What Went Wrong?" which is probably analogous to the J---- section in Time magazine (I don't have it to compare.). I hope the other articles are better.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised about Rolling Stone. They've always sucked when it came to MJ. Screw them.

I bought Rolling Stone today...VERY disappointed. They spend a solid 30% of the time looking at Jackson's controversies. They obsess over J-5 material, Off The Wall, and Thriller. According to Rolling Stone, Jackson had no career after this. They barely mention Dangerous to Invincible and inaccurately report that Invincible only sold 2 million copies while they say Bad sold 30 million. So for one album they are using world sales, while the other album is just US sales...not very professional.They make his life in the 1990's seem horrible and put 90% of the focus after 1988 on controversy. They also say Jackson will never be able to shake the image of molesting children. It's full of inconsistencies and errors (they say Remember The Time came out in 1987). The magazine made me very angry.

My Final Word: DO NOT BUY ROLLING STONE, they have treated him horrible!

I bought it today too, and I don't like it much at all :( I wish I had read more before I bought because I can't afford to keep spending $10 each on this stuff. At this point, all I am going to buy is the Ebony and maybe the People because it has one of my favorite pics in it I haven't seen elsewhere.

The Australian Rolling Stone special edition dedicated to Michael is the best I've bought so far.

MJCover.jpg

Fairly good read. Fairly neutral. Contains all the original Rolling Stone reviews of his albums. Lot's of really nice photos. Love the cover.

It came with two really good posters. One has the 1983 Rolling Stone cover of Michael in the red and white striped shirt and the other is a photo of him during the HIStory world tour in Sydney singing in front of the Australian flag, very cool.
Boo. The American one doesn't have pull-out posters. Your's sounds so much better! I wonder if I could find it over here.

Back