Anyone else going out for Black Friday???

ElleBella

Proud Member
4 in the morning I'm heading out to Kohl's and Target. I'm getting all my Christmas shopping over with. Last year I was able to buy for over 20 people and spent less than $300! I loooove Black Friday lol. So anyone else going out early this morning?

I have to go get some milk...

I'm going to the supermarket though, NOT Walmart. That would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Oh heck no!!! I stay faaaar away from Wal-Mart, there was a stry in our local newspaper, two women got into a fist fight over a remote control car!!! And then that woman who was trampled to death in New York. Last year everyone was really polite and in a line and no fights.

Oh heck no!!! I stay faaaar away from Wal-Mart, there was a stry in our local newspaper, two women got into a fist fight over a remote control car!!! And then that woman who was trampled to death in New York. Last year everyone was really polite and in a line and no fights.

Which is why I don't go near Walmart!

I don't want to go but we "need" the milk and since I'll be out anyway I have to go get the milk.

Not me. I'm keeping a faaaar distance from any mall or store this weekend! lol. However, my neighbor loves going every year and she said she hasn't slept in two days because she was so excited for Black Friday. lmao. She was there around midnight last night. My friend really wants to go today too. The Wal-Mart here gets absolutely insane too. Oh boy. Can't wait to watch the news later. :p

What's Black Friday? *feels stupid*

Its that one time of the year where all retailers slash prices immensely to get rid of the year's stock to make room for new stock coming in the new year. Basically the only opportunity buyers can come in a buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff for only a few hundred dollars instead.

Hence the stories of people fighting and woman being trampled to death. Some people really turn into monsters over saving a few dollars. To buy presents.
For a holiday that as far as I remember as a kid... was not about buying presents. but.. well, there you have it Stacey. hehe..:scratch: :cheeky:

i went out for a few things, it wasn't as crazy as it usually is this year (although i didn't step foot inside a walmart lol). i got a wicked good deal on a blue-ray player online and didn't have to leave the comfort of my bed or go out super early though!!! :D

What's Black Friday? *feels stupid*

It's the day after Thanksgiving, and like Nar said, prices are dramatically reduced on everything. The majority of stores open way early in the morning (like 4 or 5) and a lot of the time there will be lines formed with people desperate to get a good deal on something. It can get really out of hand, especially when there is a "must have" toy or gadget during the season. I remember years ago when the hot toy was "Tickle Me Elmo" from Sesame Street. I saw stories on the news of people physically fighting each other over the last one in stock in certain stores. And of course, the deadly incident in that Wal-Mart last year. :no: It can really bring out the worst in people.

My cousin had to be at work on Friday at 3 a.m. for his job in a pet store. A PET STORE! It should be outlawed, in my opinion.

Whaha...this reminds me of the 'Doldwaze Dagen', couple of days with extreme sales at Bijenkorf, a big warehouse here in Amsterdam.

People are going nuts over these days......I can't even imagine what a chaos it might be if EVERY store would have this on one day only a few weeks before Chistmas. :bugeyed :lol:

Oh gosh, I work retail and Black Friday is the biggest headache of the year for me!

I work at a children's clothing store called Gymboree and we opened at midnight, as well as the rest of my mall. We had 25% off everything, $5.99 pajamas and $7.99 fleece...so we had a line waiting outside of our store and people were going NUTS! I was basically floating watching for shop lifters and answering questions since I was one of the managers on duty, and I was just basically in EVERYONE'S way. I worked 11:30 PM - 8:15 AM.

When I got off of work I went to GAP where they had $10 fleece, but I hate fleece LOL So I just got my boyfriend some clearance stuff and headed out to Menards and Wal Mart. I got $1.99 fleece blankets as gifts, a $2 dog toy for my bully for Christmas, and a $5 sweatshirt for a gift. Then I went to Wal-Mart where I proceeded to find NOTHING I went in for and got irritated. I couldn't find the $10 blue ray DVDs or Wii video games so I got a $2 movie for my dad and just some normal every day things I needed and left.

I came home and took a 2 hour nap, then went shopping again in a bigger city south of where I live and got some really good deals at Old Navy. 2 for $5 camisoles and $4 Christmas TShirts. LOL I got my boyfriend a $5 graphic T. They always have the best deals, but the WORST customer service, ugh.

All in all, black friday is just a day for me to go out and look and see if I find something good. I never go out at midnight (because I am always working lol) but I do very little Christmas shopping on that day. Nothing special. Even the really low priced electronics are typically still too expensive for me. I bought a Wii earlier in the week for my boyfriend for Christmas soo, I was just basically just out looking for games or accessories for that.

Oh gosh, I work retail and Black Friday is the biggest headache of the year for me!

I work at a children's clothing store called Gymboree and we opened at midnight, as well as the rest of my mall. We had 25% off everything, $5.99 pajamas and $7.99 fleece...so we had a line waiting outside of our store and people were going NUTS! I was basically floating watching for shop lifters and answering questions since I was one of the managers on duty, and I was just basically in EVERYONE'S way. I worked 11:30 PM - 8:15 AM.

:bugeyed:bugeyed Wow. This really makes me appreciate working in a drugstore. :lol:

Back