Any stevie wonder fan here?? Need help

Superstition

Proud Member
Does he drum and play "Money (That's What I Want)"? If it is, its rare, but not mega-rare. It's been traded digitally on bootleg sites.

Hope you don't mind but I have another Stevie related question......

Has anyone ever seen/found/have video of when Stevie joined Michael on the BAD Tour for 'Just Good Friends'? Also, does anybody have anymore info about the shelved J5/Stevie Motown LP that was shelved in the 70's?

Hope you don't mind but I have another Stevie related question......

Has anyone ever seen/found/have video of when Stevie joined Michael on the BAD Tour for 'Just Good Friends'? Also, does anybody have anymore info about the shelved J5/Stevie Motown LP that was shelved in the 70's?

-It's been found out that it wasn't Just Good Friends, but that Stevie joined MJ on stage for Bad.

-One of the songs Stevie produced for MJ, probably for the shelved album, is being released next month by Motown on an album of unreleased material by the J5. The song is Buttercup. I am looking forward to hearing that track. Who knows when we'll get the rest of it, but by all accounts there is a complete albums' worth of full, professionally-produced music Stevie and MJ did together, and Motown just didn't release it. Perhaps it was because the J5 were riffing with Motown at the time. But I believe we will get the material, if only a track at a time.

Superstition.....

thanks for the reply! Are we to assume that some of it was around the time of "You Haven't Done Nothin"?

Is this the "Buttercup" you are talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBEPiCWS2s

And while I have your attention......

Are there any other Mike/Stevie collaborations aside from:
You Haven't Done Nothin'
All I Do
I Can't Help It
Just Good Friends
Get It

Thanks!

Yep, the Buttercup done by Carl Anderson was the song originally intended for MJ, at least the ones that have been released. I think the album was being worked on around 1974 or 1975, right about the time FFF was released and when Stevie was working on Songs In The Key Of Life.

Another track Stevie was working on with Mike was "A Pretty Face Is". There's a list of tracks somewhere, I believe.

As far as I know, those are the only collabs between Mike & Stevie, although both appeared together on Donna Summer's "State Of Independence", Eddie Murphy's "Yeah", and of course, "We Are The World". The J5 also covered many of Stevie's songs... "My Cherie Amour", "I Don't Know Why I Love You", "I Was Made To Love Her", "Superstition" and MJ covered "Shoo-Be-Doo-Dah-Day". Stevie has covered "Gone Too Soon" for a live show with Babyface.

Superstition, thanks again.

I know that Stevie has performed "I Can't Help It" a couple of times live, but did he ever do a studio version?

Superstition, thanks again.

I know that Stevie has performed "I Can't Help It" a couple of times live, but did he ever do a studio version?

Nope, at least not anything that's available. There has to be a demo at least for whatever he handed over to Quincy.

The best we have at the moment is a soundboard performance from a few years back.

stevie and mj cut that album suff around 73-74.i think berry gordy didn't hear hit material there and put it in the vault. that has to be reason number 1 where gordy is concearned

Nope, at least not anything that's available. There has to be a demo at least for whatever he handed over to Quincy.

The best we have at the moment is a soundboard performance from a few years back.

Superstition,

Where can I find the soundboard performance?

lounisproduction,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for allowing me to 'add & ask' in your post!!!!

Is there any audio of Stevie's performances of TWUMMF? Also, Stevie was said to have done many of MJ's songs in a Jazz Festival this year? Anybody have that?

Back