Any regular travelers?

Motsey

Proud Member
I was wondering if there is anyone here who dose weekend or extended weekend trips(like about 4 days) around europe

I wanna just grab a cheap flight out friday night sleep in hostels or what ever for a few days spend most of the day/night out seeing sights etc then be home like sunday night or if its a bank holiday weekend go thursday night come back monday night

Is this worth doing or would a longer trip be betetr i was considering do it like once a month or soemthing and visiting loads of european places, well if i can force my mates to join me or find someone to go with

has anyone else done something similar, would like to know about your experiances/trips

Yes, I've done that with my parents! We started in 2007 and since then we've visited Berlin, Barcelona, Rome and Milan. All were 3-5 days trips We just booked the cheapest flights and apartments online, we couldn't have afforded the trips other ways.
I would recommend this kind of travelling. We managed to see the cities very well in few days, but of course there wasn't much time just to lay back.

And if you are planning to go to Italy, we got our apartment in Rome from this site: http://www.thesmartcactus.com/ . The apartment was quite good quality and VERY good location, we could see Colosseum from our window just few metres away! And it wasn't even that expensive.

ps. But when you're choosing the flights, read carefully the time! Especially if it's night flight. We had a little adventure in Barcelona where our flight was about to leave back to Finland on Tuesday at 00:45. None of us was smart enough to notice that it meant the night between Monday and Tuesday so guess who missed the flight and went to the airport on the night between Tuesday and Wednesday! :doh: :D Well, we got one extra day in Barcelona but the trip did come little more expensive than we first expected..

Do it. Every time I've gone away into Europe I've only gone for four days. I did Berlin in July for five days and did Krakow last year for four days. I dont recommend doing any longer really for cities-you just get bored as you get everything done in four days.

yeh i do it all the time... but nothing is as cheap as it usually is at the moment. My advice would be eurostar, there are four french destinations, and you can book hotels with it.Its prettycheap... eg.Im going to Paris with eurostar over new year, and i got travel and two nights in a hotel for £130

The only place I regularly travel to you wouldn't really appreciate ;)

But hope you enjoy your trip mate! :D

Such trips are very exciting! I wish I could just go somewhere in Europe for a weekend. Unfortunately I need a visa for that, so for me such trips should be planned in advance...

yea i think im going to take a few early next year see some places im considering barcalona and milan maybe

yea i think im going to take a few early next year see some places im considering barcalona and milan maybe

My bro did a few days in Barcelona last month and loved it. Although avoid going down 'short cuts' as he went down one to get back the hostel and a prostitute pickpocketed his phone! It wasn't expensive either and as long as you're prepared to go Ryanair it'll be dirt cheap. Personally I cant stand them and do Easyjet, more expensive but still cheap.

Back