Any News Concerning Official Releases from Sony this year?

h0opman31

Proud Member
Are there any news or updates or some of the things that are supposed to release in 2011? i.e Off The Wall re-issue?

I have not heard anything about it and we're already half way into the year.

ye they are releasing the BAD tour on DVD as part of the deal, 2012 i heard it is being released?

Michael wanted to re issue Off The Wall so maybe they will release that with some new tracks recorded between 1978-1979.

Remember they have a lot of unreleased material.

Off the wall re-issue, yes please! It's been a quiet year. I also hope they do a lot more for Bad's 25th, than just the concert release.

Yeah. They must release Bad tour Wembley in cinemas, DVDs and Blu-Rays next year. If they won't release at least a DVD then fans would be very displeased (and that's softly said)

A boxoffice release of the Bad tour, prior to the DVD release would be awesome. Too much to expect I suppose? :(

Would be good if they do release bad concert dvd &blu ray, but im not keeping my hopes up

I can only an Off The Wall reissue coming sadly :( Would love a theatrical release of Bad Tour Wembley before the DVD!

Ben, you mean they won't right?

I'm sure the DVD is in the works, but a theatrical release is just wishful thinking.

Yeah of course. LOL They would... be displeased. I agree about the DVD; I cant see how they could not release it. Should have been done years ago.

Off the wall re-issue, yes please! It's been a quiet year. I also hope they do a lot more for Bad's 25th, than just the concert release.

I hope this happens they release these

Regular CD: Bad 25th Anniversary
Special Edition CD: Bad 25th Anniversary + Bad Tour DVD
Deluxe Edition CD: Bad 25th Anniversary Casebook Case + Bad Tour DVD
Vinyl: Bad 25th Anniversary
Picture Vinyl: Bad 25th Anniversary + Bad Tour DVD + Bad Poster

Maybe with new TII being included in the immortal world , a special edition TII DVD maybe in the works?

But there hasn't been any update? I mean i remember there were a lot of update and talk about the 10 project deal when it was first made. But no actual update or news on whats to drop this year.

Our lovely Sony is going to make big money anyway. They do not care about the fans. They do not care about the quality of their releases. They do not care about anything.

"Michael" is a crappy release compared to the other original MJ albums (only 10 songs, 3 of them questionable Cascio tracks, only 42 min of music, a booklet with no new photos and so on...).

Vision dvd was better (consisted almost all the music videos), but consisted of crappy booklet (very few new information about the videos in there and s#itty quality pictures)...

The last release with some real quality was The Ultimate Collection back in 2004, and even this was the deal that they should have done better.

The essential Michael Jackson release was crap in 2005, Visionary was crap in 2006, Thriller 25 was crap in 2008, This is it cd was crap in 2009 and so on.... I do not even like the Bucharest dvd concert because of the stupid editing.... BBC version is definitely better than HBO.

AND Sony is making the same mistakes again, again and again and is also making so much money from these ass releases....

Even if they dropped out a piece of s#it, fans would buy it and Sony would still earn more and more and more money.... They are billionaires! So, they do not care.

So do not expect anything glamorous from them. And Sony is managing Michael`s stuff until 2017! Maybe sth will change after 2017.

Money is everything! We can do good things with lots of money like Michael did, but we can also do nothing and just sittin here, watching cash coming in .... (this is what Sony does).

My future expectations:

1) I bet that we`ll get OTW rerelease with crappy remixes and 1 demo in early 2012.

2) Bad rerelease with crappy remixes and 2 demos, plus Yokohama concert in 2012 with MTV editing. We will see more wet japanese women than Michael on stage! (Like in Bucharest dvd).

And so on....

Remember: Sony`s goal is to make lots of money with a very little work. And they are definitely not the fans of Michael. We will not see anything good until some real fan will be the head of Sony corporation.

I also think that J.McClain and J.Branca are not the best people managing Michael`s work.

So, unfortunately, I think that we, the fans, are dealing with some real s#it in the next 6 years. The real life has shown its real direction.

Last edited:
^^Yokohama concert? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. We want Wembley for Bad's 25th :(

Bad tour Japan was in Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg Il. I didn't buy it but its there in FYE music store.

How about releasing all the Invincible outtakes for Invincible's 10th anniversary, which is in october. Michael recorded lots of quality music for Invincible, which didnot make the final cut, so it would be nice, if Sony releases all the outtakes for the album's 10th anniversary.

Maybe with new TII being included in the immortal world , a special edition TII DVD maybe in the works?

A reason given by $ony for not handing over the unedited footage of TII was because any that showed Michael in a bad light would effect an anniversary edition in the future.

The Bad Tour Wembley DVD is supposed to be in 2012 with Bad 25 it would be cool if they turned around and announced a christmas release this year but I'm not hold my breath, It would be great to see it in cinemas NOT in 3D

It would still be good for the OTW reissue to get released so long as there are no remixes

Last edited:
MJBT;3442251 said:
A reason given by $ony for not handing over the unedited footage of TII was because any that showed Michael in a bad light would effect an anniversary edition in the future.

MJNEWSALERTS Updates

Sony Wants Subpoena for ‘This Is It’ Footage Quashed

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 05:51 PM PDT

Sony studios on Friday asked the judge hearing Michael Jackson’s manslaughter trial to throw out a subpoena for footage of MJ’s final rehearsals after a defense attorney said earlier this week that reviewing them was “a big waste of time.”

Attorneys for Sony Pictures Entertainment, which has footage from the “This Is It” film depicting Michael’s last rehearsals, argue in a motion that neither prosecutors nor defense attorneys should be able to show the footage during the trial.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor is scheduled to consider the request on Monday, but canceled plans to review the outtakes over the weekend. In a ruling, he stated that he had watched some of the 16 hours that attorneys were considering presenting to jurors, but that he would not travel to Sony studios for additional viewings on Saturday and Sunday.

The studio based its motion on quotes defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan made after a hearing Wednesday in which he said the footage doesn’t show MJ was in poor health in the days before he died. Flanagan represents Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to an involuntary manslaughter charge related to Michael’s death.

“We believe his health is somewhat compromised, but he’s not displaying it,” Flanagan told reporters, including The Associated Press. He added that he thought the footage was irrelevant to the trial.

“I really think it’s a big waste of time,” he said.

Sony seized on the statement in its motion, writing, “If the enterprise is a waste of time, the court has stated that it has little time to be wasted.”

Flanagan did not immediately return a phone message Friday afternoon.

Defense attorneys had been hoping the unseen footage from “This Is It” would support their contention that Michael was frail in the days before his June 25 death.

Prosecutors found the footage helpful to their case, and asked Pastor to allow them to use up to 12 hours of raw footage. Murray’s team wanted to show up to four hours from the rehearsals.

Jury selection in Murray’s trial is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8.

(I am sorry for going off topic...)

But surely they would do LOADS, it would make them money. Surely?

This is from an interview with Jonathan Moffett in late 2010

http://muzicmagazine.com/2010/09/28...jonathan-moffett-to-perform-this-is-it-songs/

There is also talk of additional songs from ‘This Is It’ that were not in the movie coming out. “’Dangerous’ wasn’t in the film,” he says. “We rehearsed that. There was also the 80s medley featuring ‘Don’t Stop ‘Till You Get Enough’, ‘Off The Wall’ and ‘Rock With You’ that wasn’t in the film

Our lovely Sony is going to make big money anyway. They do not care about the fans. They do not care about the quality of their releases. They do not care about anything.

"Michael" is a crappy release compared to the other original MJ albums (only 10 songs, 3 of them questionable Cascio tracks, only 42 min of music, a booklet with no new photos and so on...).

Vision dvd was better (consisted almost all the music videos), but consisted of crappy booklet (very few new information about the videos in there and s#itty quality pictures)...

The last release with some real quality was The Ultimate Collection back in 2004, and even this was the deal that they should have done better.

The essential Michael Jackson release was crap in 2005, Visionary was crap in 2006, Thriller 25 was crap in 2008, This is it cd was crap in 2009 and so on.... I do not even like the Bucharest dvd concert because of the stupid editing.... BBC version is definitely better than HBO.

AND Sony is making the same mistakes again, again and again and is also making so much money from these ass releases....

Even if they dropped out a piece of s#it, fans would buy it and Sony would still earn more and more and more money.... They are billionaires! So, they do not care.

So do not expect anything glamorous from them. And Sony is managing Michael`s stuff until 2017! Maybe sth will change after 2017.

Money is everything! We can do good things with lots of money like Michael did, but we can also do nothing and just sittin here, watching cash coming in .... (this is what Sony does).

My future expectations:

1) I bet that we`ll get OTW rerelease with crappy remixes and 1 demo in early 2012.

2) Bad rerelease with crappy remixes and 2 demos, plus Yokohama concert in 2012 with MTV editing. We will see more wet japanese women than Michael on stage! (Like in Bucharest dvd).

And so on....

Remember: Sony`s goal is to make lots of money with a very little work. And they are definitely not the fans of Michael. We will not see anything good until some real fan will be the head of Sony corporation.

I also think that J.McClain and J.Branca are not the best people managing Michael`s work.

So, unfortunately, I think that we, the fans, are dealing with some real s#it in the next 6 years. The real life has shown its real direction.

I like how your calling Michael's work "Crap" what a fan you are and all those releases you mentioned like "Michael", This Is It, Thriller 25th Anniversary, The Essential MJ, Visionary and sold more than you can think of and Michael worked hard and Thriller 25 and you call his work "Crap" that's so sad.
What do you think that they will release 20 new songs in 1 album ? No they released 10 great songs we should be happy and This Is It wasn't a real album it was a sound track for the songs that were shown on This Is It rehearsals do you wanna call that 'Crap" too ?
Learn to appreciate what you have

I hope Sony ain´t release a greatest hits cd with just one unreleased song. (Like the TII CD) I hope they release a mega box with all the unreleased songs and all the concerts, like BAD and HISTORY tour. But I think they will release all things separately...

Back