Any Indians on MJJC?

twinklEE

Proud Member
Guys, it's me TwinklEE :O
Are there any (East) Indian fans on MJJC?,
I wanted to ask you guys something

Thanks. :yes:

Hey TwinklEE,

I'm what you would call a British-Indian...........I'm born in the UK but both my parents are Indian!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not Indian (pakistani) but Maine Pyar Kiya (the pic in ur sig) is one of my fave childhood films :D

I'm not Indian (pakistani) but Maine Pyar Kiya (the pic in ur sig) is one of my fave childhood films :D
Hi, Maine Pyar Kiya, mujhe bhi bohut pasand hain, lekin I discovered it only 10 years ago, when became a fan of Salman Khan :lol:

I'm what you would call a British-Indian...........I'm born in the UK but both my parents are Indian!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Desi to Desi hi hota hain, hain na? No matter where you are born :p

I am a fan of Indian food. :D :wub:

:lol:
Really? Well that's something I don't like that much although I do enjoy it from time to time :lol:

Last edited:
chicken%20tikka%20masala.mid-size.jpg

pilau_rice.jpg

naan-bread-263.jpg

bombay%20potatoes3.jpg

Heaven. :wub: LOL!!!

Gaz's mouth will be watering if he see's this. :lol:

My fave ''dish'' is kinda stupid and I'm sure I'm the only one who likes it but whatever I still like it

Rasam-pani-puri_M.jpg

It's called ''Pani Puri' lol...
i love the authentic version more though.. I love it eating it whenever I'm in Mumbai, I think it tastes best if you buy it right of the streets lol

My fave ''dish'' is kinda stupid and I'm sure I'm the only one who likes it but whatever I still like it

Rasam-pani-puri_M.jpg

i love the authentic version more though.. I love it eating it whenever I'm in Mumbai, I think it tastes best if you buy it right of the streets lol

Love that to, had it in India many times. I'm British Asian too, parents are from the Punjab region of India. Lorraine, that food does look delicious!

When I was India ( Goa ) I found a lot of the curries I have at home from the take away's tasted nothing like the curries I had out there, Even though some were called the same. Loved them still though :)

When I was India ( Goa ) I found a lot of the curries I have at home from the take away's tasted nothing like the curries I had out there, Even though some were called the same. Loved them still though :)

Would you recommend Goa then Lorraine? I get to go for virtually free through work somewhere in December and Goa is one of the options...

Would you recommend Goa then Lorraine? I get to go for virtually free through work somewhere in December and Goa is one of the options...

Personally, I loved it and would go back for sure. Beaches were gorgeous, People were lovely and food was good! Totally different way of living over there it's just so facinating to me...
They do like the tourists though and try to get you to buy things a lot.. I am white so it was obvious to them I was one.. But when you say no they are pretty good and don't follow you down the street LOL

I went in April this year for a week... which turnt out to be a month there because of the Ash cloud.. I couldn't get home. :lol: So there was a point it wasn't so enjoyable.. when money had gone and we had no where to stay. :mellow: But once that was sorted we made the most of it and enjoyed the extended stay :D

Only thing for me, It was way too hot in April. :heat:

Hi Twinklee, I'm from India :)
Oh and in case you guys didn't know, Michael loved indian food, he had an Indian chef for a long time. I read somewhere that he especially enjoyed 'paalak paneer', which is my favourite too!!!

I love Indian food too. I haven't been to India YET but I've been to Sri Lanka a few times to see my grandma, cousins, aunties, uncles, in-laws, sometimes I'm not sure who's related or who's a neighbour because they all act like family over there :wub:
Nice pics Lorraine lol very mouth watering

Guys, I wanted to know if any of you have been to Ahmedabad, my college has an exchange program going on with a college there, and I could have the opportunity to go there, but I have never been there, do any of you know how it there?

Guys, I wanted to know if any of you have been to Ahmedabad, my college has an exchange program going on with a college there, and I could have the opportunity to go there, but I have never been there, do any of you know how it there?

Hmm no I have never been there (well I havent been to India in the first place) but I just looked it up on wikipedia because my geography of India is pretty shocking. Looks very populated. Where are you located now?

Girl, I dont live in India. Populated is pretty normal for India, I mean India is crowded no matter where u go lol

Rasam-pani-puri_M.jpg

It's one of my favourites too - my family make it for me whenever I go visit (I'm a Brit)...but I totally agree - the street stuff is definitely best :yes:

I've never been to Gujarat but I'll ask my parents (I think they have been there, although they're not from that state) and let you know if I find out anything useful :)

Girl, I dont live in India. Populated is pretty normal for India, I mean India is crowded no matter where u go lol

Lol Ok I had a feeling you didn't live there but it's hard to tell from your little side box thing :p Yeah I can't believe how populated India is, some parts are so freaking dense with people I can't imagine it! Definitely a country on my places-to-go list.

Back