Any good articles on "Invincible"?

PaceMioDolceCuore

Proud Member
"Please hold. All muses are busy right now, but yo
Is it me or is there rarely anything decent written about "Invincible"?

There's ton of Info from Swedien and Riley for working with him on "Dangerous".

Anything decent about the sounds and songs of "Invincible" that isn't ripping it to pieces? So far I haven't found anything noteworthy.

I know about the whole controversy- I just figured there HAS to be some ardent fan and music lover who has written something cool about "Invincible".

Still hoping.

I'm gonna write something then *mumbling something grumpy to the all the reviewers in the world*. Why the reviewers don't like Invincible? Why do they say about it "and even when Michael works in halfspeed he is still sounding good!"

Halfspeed? naah.. Invincible was doublespeed just like all the other albums. 100% quality, and 100% Michael and no less. :yes:

I personally love this album, theres a red line through every song on it both with the lyrics and most importantly - with the music. What is so amazing about Michael Jackson, is that all his albums reflect a musical era, yet still the sound is so familiar, and you're never in doubt that its a piece of MJ's music you're listening too. Thats not different with Invincible.
As with all of Michaels albums, the most of the songs on this one could be singles. Hit songs. Why they wherent as popular as the older ones, I'm not shure. Maybe because his nose was of greater importance to the mankind at that time.. I'm not saying that a nose can't be an exiting thing to talk about (...), but I just feel kinda sad that people did'nt listen to this album, because it's really filled with.. Everything that is Michael Jackson :) I've written this before - Only thing different to this album is that it's in 2001 invironment and not 90's. And that sounds really awsome, so thats just a good thing..

Lets start out with the titlesong "Invincible".
Any girl would basicly faint if this song was entitled to them.. *sigh*
But it's not.. So lets take a look at the music - A nice smooth track with an immense detail to it. I can understand why Michael did'nt like Mp3 files because they won't pick up the half of the little perfect sounds that are in the music on this number aswell as most of his music since Off The Wall. The chorus is really Michael'ish with the 3-ring sound that is so classic to his music. Gorgious :clapping:

The silencebreaker on this album is "Unbreakable". (it is on my european version, but maybe it's different in USA idk?) Really one of my favorites on Invincible. You've got to turn up your speakers because theres stuff going on in the beginning. He's letting the monster loose (paparazzies beware, do you remember that howling thing from the thriller video? Thats how Michael looks like when he's angry.. :zombie:)

Michael spent a lot of his time trying to make the paparazzies and other evil people f* off. Therefore, a couple of his songs is about greedy, evil people that is trying to hurt him, and who is behaving disrespectfully.

Theres a nice 90's feel to the keys in this song, and again we have the 3-ring chorus. I love Michaels 3-ring chorus'es. Theres also a nice little rap that I wont cover because it's going a little too fast for me (english is not my native). :blush:
Other songs on this album that is written for evil greedy people a re "Privacy" and "Threatened". I love "Privacy". It's fierce and the chorus - Yes. Good.

We've got quiet a lot of songs written for invincible ladies on this album. I would say that Heartbreaker, Invincible and Butterflies are those songs.
I've thought a lot about the first verse for Butterflies:

All you gotta do is just walk away and pass me by
Don't aknowledge my smile when I try to say hello to you
And all you gotta do is not answer my calls when I'm trying to get through
Keep me wondering why, when all I can do is sigh..

... It's not easy to be flirtous as a fan then. To show up at a CD-signing-confearance and then just basicly ignore Michael.. When it's you're turn just walk away, look pissed and don't say a word if he tries to say hello! That'll work! I'm tellin' ya! He said it himself. :cheeky:

Then we have the sexy "You Rock My World".. What can I say. That song is gorgious.. A very clean sound with a simple hard-knocking beat. And the video for this song is just.. :woohoo:
It's quiet a thrill :punk:

And now for the song I've interpreted a lot in. "Heaven Can Wait".
First of all - Take note of the bass in this song. I've noticed that Michael had a couple of songs in his carreer that has a gorgious bass. Never does the bass just follow the main instruments in Michaels music. It's always a part of the whole, a part of the rythm.
But the great about this song is that I've always thought that this song was for his kids and not for a lady.. Think about it..

And that interpretion had me crying a lot after he's passing...........

Another song that have been interpreted a lot by fans is Speechless - And I'm very proud to read that the only name below the title for this song is Michael Jackson.. This song is so touching. So amazing. And the choir is just :swoon:
I think what fans came to agree about is that 1. It's a song about his "relationship" to god (obviously), but also 2. - A song that was inspired by seeing children playing (I believe Michael said this in an interview), and that he saw god in the beauty of that. Children playing. That is the magical love of god.

Yes - I love every single song on this album so it's kinda hard for me to leave a single of them out from my "review" which I don't feel like we can really call it anymore..

But I just gotta have "Cry" too.. We have a little of Michaels beatboxing in this song if I'm not mistaking! *groovy* Very perfectly mixed - it is. Sounds like candy. And so do Michaels voice in this track. If you have patience then there will be a fantastic gosphell choir somewhat in the middle of the song and till the end. And the lyrics - I'm not good at telling people what I feel about the world and what we need to do, but this is it. This is what we need to do! Just get the point and start to feel the L.O.V.E. That connects us all. That why where here! Thats how we came to this planet. Thats how we will make life eternal.

Theres more beautifull music to talk about on this album, but I wont make it too long :)

I've spent a long time trying to figure out what he was stating with the cover of this album. It's like theres two parts of Michael. The digital which I see as everything we as fans are left with today - the music, the videos, pictures. The artist and the celebrity.
And then theres his last name which is written in a beautifull font-type. Thats the person that we don't know. The human, that was born and raised in a private, normal family.
Michael often said that almost noone really knew him.
Then theres the digital eye.. And theres a rose inside the booklet, of which 1/4 is digitalized.. And also an artistic picture in one of the last pages, but the picture I think is just something that Michael finds beautifull! He always liked art with a lot of detail. Look at the cover for Dangerous. Look at the clothes he weared. At the last period he was also often seen with Ed Hardy clothes, which also has a lot of detail to it. And look at his home. Even though I don't like that they've opened up every part of his life like that, since he passed away..

All in all I think this album deserves a LOT more respect than it got. I'm no expert, but I have been recording songs myself (its nothing special, just some coversong-projects from when I went to a musicschool..) and know more than average about creating music, and I simply don't understand those that think it's badly produced, I don't understand those that think that the lyrics are'nt good, and I don't understand those that think the musical arrangements is of lower quality than earlier MJ albums. It's different - yes-. Up to date is what it is. But the sound-production is simply magnificent imo.

So that was my "review".. *scrolling through the 50 pages* I.. think it went quiet well.. :scratch::cheeky:

Last edited:
^^ love the review! I still see as Invincible as my least favourite album, but funnily enough, it has some of my favourite Michael songs EVER...Butterflies, Speechless, YRMW, BOD, HCW, Threatened, 2000 Watts..I just think it was slightly overproduced, and too little songs with JUST Michael as a sole writer/composer..When you compare with the BAD album (my favourite) where Michael wrote ALL except two songs....Plus, the fact that there was no video accompaniment besides YRMW...EIther way, I think Vince features Michael's best vocals...I really do love this album!

Safira, thank you for the great review!

I actually came to love the slightly overproduced sounds. Michael's music just became more and more complex. I love "Escape" because it is so layered and over the top. Too bad it never made it onto "Invincible".

I think Michael started to really get into the layered/"overproduced" sounds ever since he worked with Teddy Riley- another layered sound I absolutely ADORE.

I'm gonna write something then *mumbling something grumpy to the all the reviewers in the world*. Why the reviewers don't like Invincible? Why do they say about it "and even when Michael works in halfspeed he is still sounding good!"

Halfspeed? naah.. Invincible was doublespeed just like all the other albums. 100% quality, and 100% Michael and no less. :yes:

I personally love this album, theres a red line through every song on it both with the lyrics and most importantly - with the music. What is so amazing about Michael Jackson, is that all his albums reflect a musical era, yet still the sound is so familiar, and you're never in doubt that its a piece of MJ's music you're listening too. Thats not different with Invincible.
As with all of Michaels albums, the most of the songs on this one could be singles. Hit songs. Why they wherent as popular as the older ones, I'm not shure. Maybe because his nose was of greater importance to the mankind at that time.. I'm not saying that a nose can't be an exiting thing to talk about (...), but I just feel kinda sad that people did'nt listen to this album, because it's really filled with.. Everything that is Michael Jackson :) I've written this before - Only thing different to this album is that it's in 2001 invironment and not 90's. And that sounds really awsome, so thats just a good thing..

Lets start out with the titlesong "Invincible".
Any girl would basicly faint if this song was entitled to them.. *sigh*
But it's not.. So lets take a look at the music - A nice smooth track with an immense detail to it. I can understand why Michael did'nt like Mp3 files because they won't pick up the half of the little perfect sounds that are in the music on this number aswell as most of his music since Off The Wall. The chorus is really Michael'ish with the 3-ring sound that is so classic to his music. Gorgious :clapping:

The silencebreaker on this album is "Unbreakable". (it is on my european version, but maybe it's different in USA idk?) Really one of my favorites on Invincible. You've got to turn up your speakers because theres stuff going on in the beginning. He's letting the monster loose (paparazzies beware, do you remember that howling thing from the thriller video? Thats how Michael looks like when he's angry.. :zombie:)

Michael spent a lot of his time trying to make the paparazzies and other evil people f* off. Therefore, a couple of his songs is about greedy, evil people that is trying to hurt him, and who is behaving disrespectfully.

Theres a nice 90's feel to the keys in this song, and again we have the 3-ring chorus. I love Michaels 3-ring chorus'es. Theres also a nice little rap that I wont cover because it's going a little too fast for me (english is not my native). :blush:
Other songs on this album that is written for evil greedy people a re "Privacy" and "Threatened". I love "Privacy". It's fierce and the chorus - Yes. Good.

We've got quiet a lot of songs written for invincible ladies on this album. I would say that Heartbreaker, Invincible and Butterflies are those songs.
I've thought a lot about the first verse for Butterflies:

All you gotta do is just walk away and pass me by
Don't aknowledge my smile when I try to say hello to you
And all you gotta do is not answer my calls when I'm trying to get through
Keep me wondering why, when all I can do is sigh..

... It's not easy to be flirtous as a fan then. To show up at a CD-signing-confearance and then just basicly ignore Michael.. When it's you're turn just walk away, look pissed and don't say a word if he tries to say hello! That'll work! I'm tellin' ya! He said it himself. :cheeky:

Then we have the sexy "You Rock My World".. What can I say. That song is gorgious.. A very clean sound with a simple hard-knocking beat. And the video for this song is just.. :woohoo:
It's quiet a thrill :punk:

And now for the song I've interpreted a lot in. "Heaven Can Wait".
First of all - Take note of the bass in this song. I've noticed that Michael had a couple of songs in his carreer that has a gorgious bass. Never does the bass just follow the main instruments in Michaels music. It's always a part of the whole, a part of the rythm.
But the great about this song is that I've always thought that this song was for his kids and not for a lady.. Think about it..

And that interpretion had me crying a lot after he's passing...........

Another song that have been interpreted a lot by fans is Speechless - And I'm very proud to read that the only name below the title for this song is Michael Jackson.. This song is so touching. So amazing. And the choir is just :swoon:
I think what fans came to agree about is that 1. It's a song about his "relationship" to god (obviously), but also 2. - A song that was inspired by seeing children playing (I believe Michael said this in an interview), and that he saw god in the beauty of that. Children playing. That is the magical love of god.

Yes - I love every single song on this album so it's kinda hard for me to leave a single of them out from my "review" which I don't feel like we can really call it anymore..

But I just gotta have "Cry" too.. We have a little of Michaels beatboxing in this song if I'm not mistaking! *groovy* Very perfectly mixed - it is. Sounds like candy. And so do Michaels voice in this track. If you have patience then there will be a fantastic gosphell choir somewhat in the middle of the song and till the end. And the lyrics - I'm not good at telling people what I feel about the world and what we need to do, but this is it. This is what we need to do! Just get the point and start to feel the L.O.V.E. That connects us all. That why where here! Thats how we came to this planet. Thats how we will make life eternal.

Theres more beautifull music to talk about on this album, but I wont make it too long :)

I've spent a long time trying to figure out what he was stating with the cover of this album. It's like theres two parts of Michael. The digital which I see as everything we as fans are left with today - the music, the videos, pictures. The artist and the celebrity.
And then theres his last name which is written in a beautifull font-type. Thats the person that we don't know. The human, that was born and raised in a private, normal family.
Michael often said that almost noone really knew him.
Then theres the digital eye.. And theres a rose inside the booklet, of which 1/4 is digitalized.. And also an artistic picture in one of the last pages, but the picture I think is just something that Michael finds beautifull! He always liked art with a lot of detail. Look at the cover for Dangerous. Look at the clothes he weared. At the last period he was also often seen with Ed Hardy clothes, which also has a lot of detail to it. And look at his home. Even though I don't like that they've opened up every part of his life like that, since he passed away..

All in all I think this album deserves a LOT more respect than it got. I'm no expert, but I have been recording songs myself (its nothing special, just some coversong-projects from when I went to a musicschool..) and know more than average about creating music, and I simply don't understand those that think it's badly produced, I don't understand those that think that the lyrics are'nt good, and I don't understand those that think the musical arrangements is of lower quality than earlier MJ albums. It's different - yes-. Up to date is what it is. But the sound-production is simply magnificent imo.

So that was my "review".. *scrolling through the 50 pages* I.. think it went quiet well.. :scratch::cheeky:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

no comments.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Safira!!!!! :wild:

:D

Safira, thank you for the great review!

I actually came to love the slightly overproduced sounds. Michael's music just became more and more complex. I love "Escape" because it is so layered and over the top. Too bad it never made it onto "Invincible".

I think Michael started to really get into the layered/"overproduced" sounds ever since he worked with Teddy Riley- another layered sound I absolutely ADORE.

Yea I like the sound too.. I think it's like candy :p

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

no comments.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Safira!!!!! :wild:

:D

aaww you make me blush :blush::giggle:

IMO Invincible would be a much better album if they went with this tracklisting:

1. Unbreakable
2. Invincible
3. You Rock My World
4. Butterflies
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. Escape
7. Speechless
8. Shout
9. Whatever Happens
10. We've Had Enough
11. The Lost Children
12. Threatened

IMO Invincible would be a much better album if they went with this tracklisting:

1. Unbreakable
2. Invincible
3. You Rock My World
4. Butterflies
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. Escape
7. Speechless
8. Shout
9. Whatever Happens
10. We've Had Enough
11. The Lost Children
12. Threatened

No Break of Dawn? Other than that, I totally agree with you..

What a great review Safira! Loved it.

Made me think about my feelings about this album. Its not my favourite album, but it is magnificent anyway (like most of his albums are :D)

Thank you

Back