Any born in 70's here

souldreamer7

Proud Member
Thought it would be fun to talk about being born in the 1970's and what we remember about it. And the influence it had on YOU :D

Some random things I remember are

Last edited:
I was born at 12:45PM eastern time, on November 2nd, 1978 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. :)

Hello. :) I was born June 27th, 1977 in USA
I am at the end of the 70's but the decade I was born in definetly has a major influence on me.

Anybody else out there born in the years 1970-1979?

I was born august 21st,1972.
And this what came first to my mind:
The german tv-show "disco" and ABBA

I wasn't...but I wish I was!

i came on here to answer the question and got completely distracted by this siggy , it is so cool. i love it, . oh yeah, no i wasnt born in the 70's but i lived in the 70's cuz im michael jacksons age (uhumH) born in 1958. anyway good work on that pic

I think I learned to crawl in the 70s, I don't remember it though :cheeky:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qv05lkjTm78&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qv05lkjTm78&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Born on August 23rd, 1978. ;)
And heck yeah I remember Three's Company! I still watch them late nights on TVLand network. John Ritter was amazing. God rest his soul. I always had a crush on the short brunette (joyce dewitt) in 3's Company. She was so cute.
joyce_dewitt_1.jpg
:wub: *blush*
Dancing Queen was a pretty popular tune back then.
I must admit, I only began to have conscious awareness at 4. I don't recall ages 1,2 or 3 . So my adventures began in 1982. But the 70s vibe was still in full effect then.
Remember Supernature by Cerrone?!? lol. :D I used to LOVE that song.

Though I was born in the late 70s, i consider myself an 80s child. Oh gosh... I even remember when my mom forced me to wear an all white outfit with a shirt under neath that resembled Don Johnson's character in Miami Vice. (she was a fan of him at that time and i had to suffer for it. thank god no photos were taken. lol) :doh: :ph34r:

miami-vice.jpg

Last edited:
June 3, 1978 :) I was born in the Soviet Union, so my childhood memories are quite different from most of yours' I think. lol. When I was a child I loved to read about Lenin. All my favourite children's books were about him. oh well.

I also remember watching figure skating, since I was very small. I'm still a fan by the way and right now I am watching the European championship :)

Last edited:
Sheesh after seeing the posts here I don't want to say what year in the 70s I was born in. Even though I was born in the 70s I consider myself an 80s child too as I liked the songs and entertainers in the 80s better.

Sheesh after seeing the posts here I don't want to say what year in the 70s I was born in. Even though I was born in the 70s I consider myself an 80s child too as I liked the songs and entertainers in the 80s better.

oh cmon don't be shy.. :wub:

Thought it would be fun to talk about being born in the 1970's and what we remember about it. And the influence it had on YOU :D

Some random things I remember are

Yah, I was born in '78! I don't remember anything though, as I was just a little baby, but remember the shadow that the 70s pop culture cast into the early '80s. Threes Company, All in the Family, laughing @ 70s styles/disco, finding amusement in the Osmands/Partridge Family/the'groovy' Brady Bunch, Taxi, Sweat hogs, the original SNL line-up, American Bandstand, Soul Train, WKRP in Cincinnati, etc etc etc. I dunno, as a kid a lot of that stuff was on repeat on TV, and back then there weren't personal computers/Internet, VCRS, cell-phones, etc, just TV's w/ basic cable (only like 20 channels, lol!) and my Atari. So I think we watched a lot more TV, some of which was repeated stuff from the 70s, at least until 1984 or so.

Overall I found the styles/language of the 70s funny. As for the influence, I'm sure on a subconscious level the images influenced, but nothing I can articulate.

Prolly my fave show from that decade that I watched as a kid: Three's Company
Favorite movie from that decade I liked best as a kid: Star Wars!
Favorite artist from the 70s I liked best as a kid: Michael of course lol! (yes I know he debuted in '68-69, but hey, he was pretty prominent in the 70s! I was a big fan of watching re-airings of the J-5 cartoon!). Oh yeah, and I liked Fat Albert a lot, lol.

June 3, 1978 :) I was born in the Soviet Union, so my childhood memories are quite different from most of yours' I think. lol. When I was a child I loved to read about Lenin. All my favourite children's books were about him. oh well.

I also remember watching figure skating, since I was very small. I'm still a fan by the way and right now I am watching the European championship :)
You wrote about me almost, with the exception of that I liked books about animals better :cheeky:. I don't remember the 70s, though :D. It's a pity that we never heard of Michael in the 70s-80s. I believe ABBA were extremely popular at the time. They won Eurovision in 1974 (?).

You wrote about me almost, with the exception of that I liked books about animals better :cheeky:. I don't remember the 70s, though :D. It's a pity that we never heard of Michael in the 70s-80s. I believe ABBA were extremely popular at the time. They won Eurovision in 1974 (?).

You didn't grow up hearing Michael Jackson?

You didn't grow up hearing Michael Jackson?
Foreign music was very limited in Soviet TV, especially American. People could find something illegally, though :D I was about 13 when I heard of Michael for the first time in the beginning of 90s. It was "Billie Jean" video. I saw more clips later. Loved all of them :)

Foreign music was very limited in Soviet TV, especially American. People could find something illegally, though :D I was about 13 when I heard of Michael for the first time in the beginning of 90s. It was "Billie Jean" video. I saw more clips later. Loved all of them :)

:huggy: Well it is great that you did get to find Billie Jean & Michael Jackson!! I wish there weren't 'boundries' when it came to being able to obtain music... that is made for the whole world,man.
L.O.V.E
souldreamer7

Back