Anton: No Michael Jackson celebration this time!

rockstar

Proud Member
Anton: No Michael Jackson celebration this time!

TH1_94201052anton-training.jpg

BEAT IT: Anton Ferdinand

Anton Ferdinand danced in tribute to his hero Michael Jackson last weekend before spotting his goal against Spurs had been disallowed.

But he says anyone expecting another ***** ***** jig if he breaks his duck at former club West Ham tomorrow can beat it!

The defender had planned his Jackson homage since the singer's death last June, and had even joked that he might keep a sequined glove down his sock to whip out and flourish when he scored his first Sunderland goal.

There will be no such histrionics at Upton Park however. Ferdinand said: "I didn't have the glove down my sock, I forgot about it!

"It would have been there for a while and it's probably going to have to be there for a long time again.

"Anyway, I have too much respect for West Ham – not just the fans, but the whole club – for me to even think about doing that celebration down there if I get a goal".

Ferdinand knows only too well how demanding Hammers supporters can be, having been brought up a fan of the club before playing in the claret and blue.

West Ham sit just one point above the relegation zone and Ferdinand would love a club still very close to his heart to wriggle free of danger, but has not plans to help them in that regard tomorrow.

He said: "The squad that West Ham have got there, they know the expectations at the club. You've got to be a big-game player to play at that club, there's no doubt about it.

"With the pressure that the fans put on you there, you have to be able to deal with big games.

"When you're playing for Sunderland, if you're at home to Chelsea or Man United and you give a good account of yourselves and they just nick it, the fans will still be pleased because you've given it your best shot.

"If you play for West Ham and you play out of your skin but you haven't won the game, no matter who you're playing against at home, they'll appreciate your efforts but want to see you win the game."

Sunderland could yet do the Hammers a big favour in the next fortnight as the Black Cats' next opponents are relegation candidates Burnley and Hull.

Ferdinand's focus remains on what his side needs to do tomorrow.

He added: "We're going to go there to win.

"A lot of teams have gone there, built up pressure, turned the fans and
it's worked, so it wouldn't surprise me if we did that.

"Benty's on fire at the moment, Fraizer's on fire at the moment, so why not go for it?

"I want to go there showing I've made a step forward, not backwards.

"Not only that, if I play well there, West Ham fans will be saying, 'We're the reason he's doing well', which is the truth.

"People ask what was the key to my upbringing? My parents. What was the key to my football? West Ham United.

"When I go back there I do like to give a good account of myself and show the fans I've made major strides forwards, not backwards or
sideways."

here is link:http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Anton-No-Michael-Jackson-celebration.6215912.jp

Back