Another question about twitter

Michelle MC

Proud Member
Hello,
I got an email that someone wants to follow me on twitter so I'm following them as well. However I don't know who this person is. Is there a way I can ask them privately? Thanks in advance.

If you're following each other I think you can send a 'direct message'

If you're following each other I think you can send a 'direct message'

I was wondering if I asked who this person was if they answered would it be public. I was hoping that twitter would have like a private message, but they don't?

Thats the way twitter can seem. Rather impersonal. Not very interactive really.
Maybe thats why so many people leave it for ages.............like I do!!
Random people decide to follow you, if I get email notification that someone is following me, I look at their profile and recent tweets.
Twitter is a lonely place...........Thats my opinion anyway!!
I do use it, but can leave it several days............not like this lovely site!! :)
xxx

I was wondering if I asked who this person was if they answered would it be public. I was hoping that twitter would have like a private message, but they don't?

Yeh thats what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear..a private message on twitter is called a 'Direct Message'

I have another question. I thought my page were supposed to contain my tweets and tweets from those who I follow? So why are other's tweets popping up on my page? This just happened tonight.

Back