Another Part Of Me (Underrated)

analogue

Proud Member
Another Part Of Me isn't as underrated as songs like Is It Scary or Tabloid Junkie but i do feel that it doesn't get enough credit. The best word to describe this song would be Fun. That's what it is. A fun song to have a good time to. I love the synths, the melody and the live performances on the Bad tour were awesome. Especially when the musicians went crazy with the synths towards to end of the song.

I just don't feel that this song get's talked about enough compared to other songs on the Bad album. I'd take Another Part Of Me over Bad, Speed Demon, I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Just Good Friends and Leave Me Alone anyday. Don't get me wrong i love those songs but i just think that Another Part Of Me is better than all of them.

Another Part Of Me isn't as underrated as songs like Is It Scary or Tabloid Junkie but i do feel that it doesn't get enough credit. The best word to describe this song would be Fun. That's what it is. A fun song to have a good time to. I love the synths, the melody and the live performances on the Bad tour were awesome. Especially when the musicians went crazy with the synths towards to end of the song.

I just don't feel that this song get's talked about enough compared to other songs on the Bad album. I'd take Another Part Of Me over Bad, Speed Demon, I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Just Good Friends and Leave Me Alone anyday. Don't get me wrong i love those songs but i just think that Another Part Of Me is better than all of them.

I exacty feel where you are coming from! But the thing is if you look at it this way, 90% of michaels catalouge is underrated. Whenever he came with a new album some of the were gettin overlooked because of the popular ones. When thriller came out people was talkin about thriller, beat it and billie jean, not paying attention to some real gems like, Lady in my life for example. same with bad and dangerous and even invinceble. 90% of his work will always be underrated by the casual listner (not us fans). i have yet to see the day a casual listner will mention why you wanna trip on me (lol).

But yeah thats exactly the perfect word to describe this song, fun. and the music video captured the whole essence. It was all about having fun, jumping, laughing, dancing just having a good time.

I love Another Part of Me. It's so fun to move to. It's one of my absolute favorites! :heart:

The song is genius. CLASSIC Michael Jackson. I love it :wub:

I first heard it in Captain EO. Love the song. :) I guess it's underrated. The lyrics are great. I especially like the chorus

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
The Planets Are Linin' Up
We're Bringin' Brighter Days
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
So Look The Truth
You're Just Another Part Of Me . .

It's a pretty powerful message.

The best word to describe this song would be Fun.
I think it's rather "Love", though it's true the BAD performance is great fun.

I'd take Another Part Of Me over Bad, Speed Demon, I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Just Good Friends and Leave Me Alone anyday.

I agree, I absolutely love this song!! :wub: It's one of my favorites and I voted it #1 for possible This is it songs.

Agree, it's actually in my Top 10-15 MJ. I'd rate it in my Top 3 on Bad, even higher than TWYMMF.

It's just the whole damn groove of the whole thing. I can't sit still to it, or not sing along to it, it's so catchy.

This is what I wrote about it in my Bad Review.

'Another Part Of Me'. I'm in great danger of repeating myself here. But what makes this song so damn good? Thinking about it now, I surmise this must be Michael Jackson's genius. The way he can write and record what one might deem to be an average song and make it into a classic. This is what's missing in modern music. People are getting the first part right but they're not doing the second. You see, you can't teach genius. The video was the closest Jackson fans have as a memento of the wondrous event that was the Bad Tour as Michael strutted his way around the stage singing the song live. Like the song itself, the performance has no embellishment or over the top production but it's spellbinding.

Nice description, Tony R.

Agrees, the song is highly underrated. .. The lyrics are off the chains, and the beat - so funky and groovy.

I love Another Part of me, so great! Mike sings it with so much power in his voice, I love it!

...what makes this song so damn good? Thinking about it now, I surmise this must be Michael Jackson's genius. The way he can write and record what one might deem to be an average song and make it into a classic. This is what's missing in modern music. People are getting the first part right but they're not doing the second. You see, you can't teach genius. The video was the closest Jackson fans have as a memento of the wondrous event that was the Bad Tour as Michael strutted his way around the stage singing the song live. Like the song itself, the performance has no embellishment or over the top production but it's spellbinding.[/I]

Well written :yes:. Though I'd say the video does have a bit over the top production - extreme zooms on Michael's face and butt :D.

I love this song so much and I always thought the video was amazing in all its simpleness. Just Michael singing on stage and the audience going wild over it. Sometimes it's nice to see MJ without all the attributes and choreographies. He didn't need all that to shine on stage.

i must say i didnt like it at first & didnt know the song but when i got to feel it & hooked on it.....the song really is amazing, the beat, funkiness, the adlibs w/c i love......and also the Lyrics had a deep message!

I completely agree. It's always been one of my top five favorite songs of all time.

That song puts me in the best mood EVER. If i'm ever stressed out or upset, and I listen to APoM, especially the live version, it makes everything so much better. It's upbeat, funky, and downright fun. Awesome lyrics as well. An absolute gem.

I've often found that the people who dislike this song are usually very current people and the the whole synth vibe of the song puts them off because it's a bit too old school for them.

I've often found that the people who dislike this song are usually very current people and the the whole synth vibe of the song puts them off because it's a bit too old school for them.

Yeah, but the whole of Bad is synth groove. And in that respect it has dated more than any other MJ album, but that's part of the charm.

In fact I'd argue that APOM has dated better than Bad & TWYMMF.

Compared to other songs that were around the same time as the Bad album i'd say that it's held up pretty well over the years.

Here's a quote from Michael himself (I can't remember where it was from but i think it was from some interview he did in the 80's)

''The choice of instruments that are used in a song may sound outdated in a few years but the melodies will last forever'' .

And that's what i remember most about a song. The melody. I don't care what kinds of instruments are used to bring the song to life. If the song is good and has awesome melodies then i'm happy with it.

Another thing is that i think that the songs that are are in the mainstream today are gonna sound more outdated than the songs from the 80's in a few years from now. While the 80's had the whole (awesome) synth vibe which is now outdated to some it still had those awesome memorable melodies that would last a life time. While today's music is seems to rely on nothing but beats and has very little to no melody in it's music, and because of today's music's lack of melody i just don't feel that it will hold up as well as songs from the past

MJ has a load of songs that are underrated and not talked about enough.

People talk about this "Timeless" thing and that Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It etc are going to be timeless. Who Is It deserves a load of praise, it's an amazing song, very underrated.

I like Another Part Of Me but I wouldn't choose it over I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

I love the lyrics

It's a reference to the fact that we're all individual droplets in the sea of consciousness. We're all one.

Yeah, but the whole of Bad is synth groove. And in that respect it has dated more than any other MJ album, but that's part of the charm.

You know, I would say f... it! Look at the sh... they produce nowadays. It's 2011 and I still love to listen to synths of Michael's songs. :yes: :punk:

You know, I would say f... it! Look at the sh... they produce nowadays. It's 2011 and I still love to listen to synths of Michael's songs. :yes: :punk:

God, yeah. Dated MJ is a million times better than anything 'modern'.

BAD or BEP anyone?

I thought that the Black Eyed Peas music was pretty decent before but now i think they've gone down hill.

Compare Where Is The Love to Dirty Bit and some of you will see what i mean

Anyways i better get back on topic

Here's a clip of Mike in the studio working on Another Part Of Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeitXK1jKaw

Last edited:
Favourite song from Bad.

It's the melody just makes me want to move!!

Back