Another Day intro - plagiarism from Stakka Bo?

Lesky

Guests
Obviously the intro have been stolen (or borrowed?) from the following song below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjjDgK0zNOo

I apologize if this was already posted or if this has been officially recognised by Sony and Lenny Kravitz etc.

Obviously I ran a search on Stakka Bo on the forum, and came up emtpy before posting this!

What could this lead to if Stakka Bo finds out?

Regards
L

Last edited:
We dont know if it was stolen. Lenny might have asked permission from the artist to sample it or something... lets not brand it as stolen. If that was the case then Jason Derulo's (whatcha say) Song was stolen from Imogen Heap (hide and seek)! :)

Jason Derulo (00:04-00:16)
[youtube]ZDQNDUJBXXk[/youtube]

Imogen Heap (2:55-3:26)
[youtube]Y4OLQB7ON9w[/youtube]

L.o.v.e.
Romi

There's no refference what so ever to stakka bo in the Michael booklet. normally the booklet would state that the song includes a sample from this and that song, which is not the case here. stakka bo released down the drain in 1993 on the supermarket album on polydor. It strikes me as odd that all credits go to Lenny in the Michael booklet. To me it looks like an error and a possible copyright infrigement.

Thank you very much Lesky for posting - I would never have found this info by myself

I doubt it's plagiarism - this is just 4 notes, one lower than another by a tone. Too easy to compose to think about stealing

it's changed enough where he can't get in trouble for it.. if you mask it enough its legal.. Timbaland.. now he STEALS

Yeah, the chord progression is used frequently in other songs, it isn't plagiarism.

Another example is one of the most popular chord progressions:
[youtube]i4_f6pfabQk&[/youtube]

I remember (I think mexico deposition) where Michael was asked what he considers to be a "Musical phrase" and he just hums random notes... that was pure class!! I miss Michael when I think of Michael doing these things xx

wow nice video never knew that, but i played the piano when i was younger for 5 years and if i think of that video i immidiatly thought of some chords as well, a piano has more of the commen chords so it is understandable that making a song give you sometimes some chords in order they already have been used.. but if more than a few chords are the same than its maybe plagiarism
but i dont know the rules about that..

We dont know if it was stolen. Lenny might have asked permission from the artist to sample it or something... lets not brand it as stolen. If that was the case then Jason Derulo's (whatcha say) Song was stolen from Imogen Heap (hide and seek)! :)

Jason Derulo (00:04-00:16)
[youtube]ZDQNDUJBXXk[/youtube]

Imogen Heap (2:55-3:26)
[youtube]Y4OLQB7ON9w[/youtube]

L.o.v.e.
Romi

That's a credited sample.

And AD definitely doesn't plagiarise this - any musician knows a couple of similar notes is unintentional and not a problem.

Back