and the Evil continues..another child found dead..

Proud Member
Cops searching for missing Fla. girl find a body

AP – This undated photo released by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement shows Somer Renee Thompson, …

By RON WORD, Associated Press Writer Ron Word, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 27 mins ago
ORANGE PARK, Fla. – Authorities say they have not identified a child's body they found Wednesday in a landfill while searching for a missing 7-year-old girl. Family members were hopeful the girl is still alive, though neighbors in the girl's community feared the worst.
The partially covered body of the child was found in a Georgia landfill near the Florida state line, after investigators followed garbage trucks leaving from the neighborhood where Somer Thompson disappeared Monday.
Sheriff Rick Beseler said investigators searched through 100 tons of garbage before finding the body. He first said the body was female, then corrected himself to say he could not confirm the gender.
Few other details about the body, such as a possible cause of death, were released. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation planned an autopsy Thursday.
Somer vanished on her mile-long walk home from school Monday in Orange Park. She was squabbling with another child, and her sister told her to stop. The girl got upset, walked ahead of the group and wasn't seen again.
The girl's aunt, Laura Holt, said family members were going through an agonizing wait to find out whose body was found.
"I'm still holding out hope this is not Somer," Holt said Wednesday night, her voice cracking.
Earlier, the girl's father, Sam Thompson, who lives in Graham, N.C., pleaded for her safe return. Holt is his sister.
"Somer, your daddy Sam loves you unconditionally. Stay strong and don't give up the fight or the hope that we're going to be a family again. I love you," he said before authorities revealed they had found the body.
That news was an awful blow to her brother, Holt said. He nearly had a breakdown not long after, when someone claiming to be part of the search team in Florida told him they had positively identified the child as his daughter because of a birthmark. The claim was quickly found to be false after a call to the sheriff, she said.
"My brother just fell apart. He thought he was having a heart attack," she said. Thompson is now staying at an undisclosed family member's home to get away from the "circus" in front of his house.
Orange Park is a suburb of Jacksonville just south of Jacksonville Naval Air Station. The area where the girl disappeared is a heavily populated residential area with homes, apartment complexes and condominiums.
A crowd of about 150 people, some crying, gathered across the street from Somer's home, many clutching their children tightly. Others placed flowers under a tree.
"We are all devastated," said Tonya Jennings, a grandmother who lived three doors away and often saw the girl and her siblings come home from school. "I knew her."
Jennings, 61, was with her two granddaughters, Nina Guitierez, 9, and Aria Michaels, 8, who attend Grove Park Elementary School with Somer.
"We will need to be more vigilant. There are pedophiles everywhere in the area," she said.
John Latavia, 43, said his children attended school with Somer.
"All we can do is pray and come together," he said.
___
Associated Press Writers Jeffrey S. Collins in Columbia, S.C., Tom Foreman in Raleigh, N.C., and Dorie Turner in Atlanta contributed to this report.

i wish Michael were here...

somehow, some way, i just feel children would feel a lot safer....and be a lot safer..
................................................................................

isn't it interesting how the person or persons found the strength and the time to hide this child under 100 TONS of garbage!

How EVIL is that???!!

Last edited:
Im so heart broken over this I love children I care after them too. Omg my heart goes out to her family. A damn shame we have so many evil people in this world who would hurt a child.

That is just so sad about that poor girl. It was just last night I was watching Nancy Grace (Don't ask me why. Cause I really can't stand her.) A 9 year old girl in Missouri is missing now. I was just absolutely shock when I heard this. It is like what the hell is going on in this world now. It is no wonder why I hate this world so much now. I can only hope that college girl is found alive.

Hah, Evil with capital E messed my mind. I mean look at my name! :D

But cruel... Prays for her relatives.

From MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33427528/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Flowers and teddy bears
Somer vanished on Monday during her mile-long walk home from school. Authorities said she squabbled with another child and walked ahead of the group. She was last seen outside a vacant house that was on her route home, sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino said. Investigators are examining the house for evidence, Justino said.

Can I ask a stupid question? Who in their right mind would let a 7 year old walk 1 mile back and forth from home to school, even if it was with friends??

Is it really that inconvenient for the mother or father to drop that kid off? I mean, really. Some parents are just unbelievably naive when it comes to their children.

From MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33427528/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Flowers and teddy bears
Somer vanished on Monday during her mile-long walk home from school. Authorities said she squabbled with another child and walked ahead of the group. She was last seen outside a vacant house that was on her route home, sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino said. Investigators are examining the house for evidence, Justino said.

Can I ask a stupid question? Who in their right mind would let a 7 year old walk 1 mile back and forth from home to school, even if it was with friends??

Is it really that inconvenient for the mother or father to drop that kid off? I mean, really. Some parents are just unbelievably naive when it comes to their children.

not a stupid question...but..unfortunately, a common occurence....and there's no excuse for it.

but the monster or monsters who killed this child, are without excuse.

not a stupid question...but..unfortunately, a common occurence....and there's no excuse for it.

but the monster or monsters who killed this child, are without excuse.

I know. The monster doesn't have an excuse - but why risk your child's safety every day by allowing that child to walk by the monster's house without adequate supervision? I mean, parents love their children. I loved and still love my daughter. I would have never let her walk a mile to school!! I wanted to make sure she grew up safely. It never fails to astonish me when these parents are devastated when something like this happens - like you never thought it may happen when you allowed your kid to walk a mile to school??? At AGE SEVEN?????!!!

I know. The monster doesn't have an excuse - but why risk your child's safety every day by allowing that child to walk by the monster's house without adequate supervision? I mean, parents love their children. I loved and still love my daughter. I would have never let her walk a mile to school!! I wanted to make sure she grew up safely. It never fails to astonish me when these parents are devastated when something like this happens - like you never thought it may happen when you allowed your kid to walk a mile to school??? At AGE SEVEN?????!!!

i know. i totally agree. a mile is a very long way..at least there could have been a school bus route..or..indeed...she should have driven the child...

and in this anti MIchael Jackson atmosphere, unwarrantingly, concerning children, in the media society..i am outraged at the many parents who do this, and are careless, with the media's blessing, or at least, without any of the outrage the media had and still has toward Michael.

I couldn't seeing allowing my son to walk to school by him self also that little, this world is very hard and i'm like the kind of mother that freak out of little things concerning my son.
I couldn't even imagine allowing my son that small to walk home, I don't trust everyone, you have to protect your child at all cost.

They sorted through 100,000 tons of garbage before their worst fears were realized: Sticking out of the rubbish were a child's lifeless legs.

I didn't even see it but can't get that thought/image out of my head. A 7 year old walking 1 mile home? WTF! I don't know of anybody that would even let their kid walk down the road at that age without being watched, let alone 1 mile home from school.

this was my exact thoughts too when I heard the story,,,,,my youngest daughter is almost 16 and she is not allowed to walk alone on the streets......we live in a crazy sick sadistic world......This poor child I actually cried for her...poor baby God knows...what she suffered...so so sad

It is dangerous, the world is. At one time (at age 13) I was walking around a strip mall to go to another store and there was a guy that said that he wanted to take me home because he saw me walked by myself, I declined the ride because I knew what happens when a girl gets into a strange guy's car. And he drove away. I was so scared of that experience.

I know each of us can share a few stories of things that happen to us in the past.

I myself have dealt with something close to what your saying, at the time me and my bestfriend were in the 5th grade walking to school we happen to be late for school that day but our parents made sure all the kids walked to school with a partner and never walked to school alone.

Well to make the story short we had two issues that happen at the school in one month, one someone tired to run us over in a car and the other one some guy and his son tired to talk us into getting in the car with them and both of them was naked and my friend said run and I took off.

Some parents in my opinion don't watch their kids enough and allow them to run around the store alone and they don't care.

Back